PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to re-roll your typerace team order

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234567

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

The other solution to this I see is rerolling the entire sites type race teams at the end of the year so you get a fresh new order at the beginning of each year. I just see implications to single players being allowed to reroll. But if it was a site wide re-randomise it would at least shake up the team's so the same teams each month aren't dominating that month of the type race each year that rolls around. I think this would also give the race a breath of fresh air not knowing when and what team youre on each time.
The only issue with once a year is that it doesnt allow for all 18 type races to get accounted for also new players wont get to go through their 16 before it resets depending on when they join. so like a newer player could be on grass in december and then on the re roll (lets say january 1st) they they get put on grass again for February their third type race Also theres probably a decent amount of people that like knowing what teams theyll be on when so they can prepare for the type race each month. Also @selocon that was actually in the suggestion to begin with haha.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Yahan's AvatarYahan
Overall I think this would be nice. Even though I’m a big routines and habits person I still like some change every now and then. About when to do it though- I thought there were 18 types? If so that could help with the ‘When’ since 18 months is nearer and tidier than 16. (Not as good as an actual multiple of 12 but you gotta pick and choose your battles :P) If there are actually 18 types like I remember the reroll data could be January 1st and June first. (It doesn’t have to be though. Just building off of what’s already been said for ease of comprehension and also consistency)
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
I forgot there were more than 12 types, sorry I'm not quite awake yet. But a team reroll at the end of the types being cycled through would be nice. But with the issue of rerolling onto the same team with a type race change over, at least the rest of your teams are going to be different from before in that situation. And I'd assume it's a decently low chance of that happening
Bump
CrobatQueen's AvatarCrobatQueen
Overall I Support! I was actually quite shocked the first time I learned that your Type team order stays the same. As stated before, defeats the purpose of meeting and working with new users! While its probably nice to be reunited with a team that worked well together, I think ultimately that works against the goal of bringing new collections of folks together. (Its a long wait regardless, if a team really hits it off they can always start a clan together or something, right?) My main concern would be if individual rerolls were allowed, how would the site balance them at any given time? Say this item or service gets introduced, and immediately a large portion of users assigned to an unpopular team - for example* Fighting - all decide to reroll their team order that month in order to get something more desirable? They get shuffled to another team for that month (except for the few "unlucky" ones who just get Fighting* assigned for the next month again lol). Over time it might rebalance from other rerollers, but thats still a month of diminished users. Not a risk that can be justified imo. It would need to be implemented site wide I think to avoid the possibility of such a situation. It's been the same for ages, I think if a site-wide poll was released it would be a minority who explicitly would dislike a reroll, and probably for self-benefiting reasons that the admins should be discouraging anyways (no consistent domination!) *chosen simply because they placed last most recently, not suggesting overall its unpopular!
Icon drawn by me!
CrobatQueen's AvatarCrobatQueen
Not sure if I'm allowed to bump someone elses suggestion thread but I was reminded of this after noticing once again a huge surge ahead by one team in this months race. I scrolled through all the 'click lists' of each team and noticed a huge disparity in numbers of members actively participating in the teams. The current leading team has a consistently higher amount relative to other teams, sometimes by upwards of 10 players. Combined with a very common typing (making it easier to find relevant shelter/lab eggs) it seems imbalanced and I'm sure every month of the cycle theres another similiar instance. This perpertuates some of the issues with the Race leading to trailing teams losing steam. Of course theyre going to - a team of 17 active players with a rarer egg type is going to struggle to compete with a team of 40 players seeing a half dozen of their eggs every shelter refresh. Who is active and inactive obviously fluctuates with if the order has stayed the same for the past couple years, it still seems natural that experienced, active players remain and a litany of new players start and leave after only a little bit of time. Yet they (one must assume) are still stuck in their assigned teams despite never coming back online to contribute. It's not something easily fixed and balanced on a continuous level but a shakeup after so long, taking 'time offline' into account when sorting equal amounts of people into their teams, might aid in this. Just some additional thoughts that I'd think to share and I would love to see if anyone has anything to share now that this is somewhat unburied?
nøødless's Avatarnøødless
I 100% support this! I also agree that there may need to be some thought on 'inactive' players making team numbers unfair but that is probably a bigger fish than we can fry right now. Site-wide reshuffle after completing a cycle of all the races seems to be the best bet at making this fair
sprite credit to @AudreyC27
Bump
Bump
x Arlecchinø's Avatarx Arlecchinø
No, i'm not a fan of this. Really, why does it matter? I find it assuring to go "see ya in 18 months!" to the people i made good friends with, and it isn't always the same roster. I made a very good friend on Team Electric, but by the time a year and a half passed, he wasn't active anymore. sure, you might see some of the same people, but activity changes and users join. simple as that.
cy/fev. he/they pronouns. find me at @scorkaji on discord if you need me
King's Shield

King's Shield

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A mysterious shield that enervates attackers. Aegislash could make good use of this.

Sells for 500

Lv. 100 — +9,806,429
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricDark
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Lv. 100 — +11,268,397
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFlying
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Lv. 100 — +5,634,014
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Impish nature

avatar from Hazbin Hotel s1e8 pkmnpanel code

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page