PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéFarm "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2223242526··· 545556

QUOTE originally posted by Braìxen101

9. Will we have ranks too 10. What will the title of the game be [posts merged]
yes ...PokéFarm? xD

QUOTE originally posted by SamEarl13

Now that I think about it would randomised quests ever be a thing, like growing a certain berry or hatching a specific pokemon/type for example. I feel the weakness of the task list is that they didn't really do anything interesting and the daily tasks are kinda ignorable.
Such would be the aim. You're effectively a Pokémon Farmer / Breeder here, no? Why isn't that being put to use, exactly? Seems a bit of a waste, if you ask me. x')
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png
11. Will it be called Pokefarm Q or other
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
summon_tle.png × 1 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
PokéFarm. That's it.
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

PokéFarm. That's it.
If this isn't a weird thing to ask so early on, what do you suppose this'll mean for any Mega Stones that come about from any potential MCWs hosted on this definitive PokeFarm? All current exclusive stones have Q beside them to distinguish them from canon megas, Manectrite Q especially; if there's no letter in the rebooted version, what would be the naming convention going forward?
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
arceus.pngc.png

The backups are for restoring data - not actively utilising it. Aside from that, it's transfer, not duplicate. Since you can have both accounts active at the same time, we'd be kinda breaking things if we decided to let you have the progress on both. We're letting people keep their progress - not effectively doubling it. x: edit: Imagine, if you will, duplicating your data, and then being able to hunt on both accounts and then transferring everything you get from PFQ up to the new build. Double-progress! Woo~ We're not looking to break the economy, here xD
I would assume it would be just a one-time thing, like the method you've explained for keeping our usernames. Once you transfer your data, you cannot transfer again. I was just thinking of it as a way to selectively transfer certain aspects or as another way to get more progress included into the transfer. It would also allow having accounts in both "games", just they wouldn't be cross-compatible after you transferred. That would prevent the scenario of double-progress and breaking the economy. Just trying to think outside the box, but I'm not actually worried or anything. Another question: Will new accounts be able to be created on PFQ after PF3 goes live?
Buy stuff at my Shop v-dragon.png Score: 887

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

PokéFarm. That's it.
If this isn't a weird thing to ask so early on, what do you suppose this'll mean for any Mega Stones that come about from any potential MCWs hosted on this definitive PokeFarm? All current exclusive stones have Q beside them to distinguish them from canon megas, Manectrite Q especially; if there's no letter in the rebooted version, what would be the naming convention going forward?
Probably something to do with the region name - which as far as we're aware... Starts with an "R" xD Such is my guess, anyways! With no Q in the title of the website, it will mean quite literally mean nothing at all anymore! ...Not that it meant anything to begin with but... It being in the title does give it some manner of 'inherent meaning'. xD

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

The backups are for restoring data - not actively utilising it. Aside from that, it's transfer, not duplicate. Since you can have both accounts active at the same time, we'd be kinda breaking things if we decided to let you have the progress on both. We're letting people keep their progress - not effectively doubling it. x: edit: Imagine, if you will, duplicating your data, and then being able to hunt on both accounts and then transferring everything you get from PFQ up to the new build. Double-progress! Woo~ We're not looking to break the economy, here xD
I would assume it would be just a one-time thing, like the method you've explained for keeping our usernames. Once you transfer your data, you cannot transfer again. I was just thinking of it as a way to selectively transfer certain aspects or as another way to get more progress included into the transfer. It would also allow having accounts in both "games", just they wouldn't be cross-compatible after you transferred. That would prevent the scenario of double-progress and breaking the economy. Just trying to think outside the box, but I'm not actually worried or anything. Another question: Will new accounts be able to be created on PFQ after PF3 goes live?
Arguably possible but the problem lies in that new data from database tables that don't exist in PFQ - well, how do you transfer that? You can't. and when you transfer things up, that data is going to be provided to the things transferred up thus making it incompatible. Now if we're talking progress - same applies - but probably not for all of it. But it seems a bit daft to make what little will remain compatible transferrable, honestly. Think of it like Pokémon Bank - you can transfer up, you can't transfer down. --- Niet says maybe for a while but at the end of the day, if you've got an up to date version which is what you're actually working on then that's the version that you want people joining. When we get there, we will be keeping this version open for those who want to finish up and what-not. So long as the site remains active enough at first, we'll keep it open out of goodwill, just to let people finish doing whatever it is they want to do on the site - but at some point, as outlined in the first post, if it's not mostly supporting itself then it's getting downgraded and then eventually going offline. As I said, we'll keep all of the data regardless of whether the website is on or offline. That's safe, that much I can guarantee.
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

PokéFarm. That's it.
That what i meant,
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
ultra.pnge+.png
Question: Could we transfer PF1 pokemon too?
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png
HOLD UP can we transfer threads

QUOTE originally posted by Braìxen101

HOLD UP can we transfer threads
EXPLOSIVLY GOOD QUESTION I don’t want to recreate my journal + shop, but just in case we can’t, I’ve got a google doc of all my PFQ information for transfer (What I need dexes of, sprites, etc.), and in that google doc I have my shop info copy & pasted there :3

★ HeartlessDemon ★ they/them ★

please sell me your hasty-natured specials! PMs open for any inquiry, I don't bite o/
RaffleToyhousecredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @baileykins on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @kellran2012 on PFQ

Pages: 123··· 2223242526··· 545556

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page