PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add 2nd and 3rd place prizes to type race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 678910

CupOfCocoa's AvatarCupOfCocoa
It's been 2 years and this hasn't been implemented. ;__; It's really a shame, I love watching the competitiveness between teams instead of having everyone give up once they reach the team goal/realize they don't have a chance at first. This is such a good idea and it's one I think a lot about!
art commissioned from @maeshipixel on Twitter for my use only
shop - twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa - journaltrading chickensmoothie for PFQ
livermoregirl's Avatarlivermoregirl
Full support. Remember the March 2021 Type Race? Where Rock and Normal were ahead of everyone else? I was a member of Team Ground then, and since the two former set the bar high, there was simply no way for us to get up to the top. And in the end, Normal lost to Rock by a little bit. Even though I wasn't with them, I can understand how they felt. And remember the Olympics and all the other competitions in the world? They give out medals for first, second, and third. Why not have the type race do the same? Then people will at least try aiming for third! (I make no sense at all these days.)
DJ CHUCHU ---> ChemGirlChuchu ---> LivermoreGirl avatar credit: official art of Chuchu from Bang Dream read about a teenager who complains enough to generate a seven-act musical (my NEW journal) March 2024 Team Ground banner by MochaFox, Badge by LycanKai (Drill a path to victory!)
Score: 0
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
i 100% support this. throughout all my type races, i’ve been at the bottom end of the spectrum and i’ve been in the top three. it’s really disheartening to come just under the cut for the reward, so this would help lessen the blow.
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
bump
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
I support this. It wont be as dissapointing to not get in first, with furious clicking and hatching, if you still earn a little something for getting in second and third.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by NymphadoraTonx

I support this. It wont be as dissapointing to not get in first, with furious clicking and hatching, if you still earn a little something for getting in second and third.
This just moves the disappointment from "not getting first" to "not getting third". It doesn't do anything to "solve" the perceived problem.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by NymphadoraTonx

This just moves the disappointment from "not getting first" to "not getting third". It doesn't do anything to "solve" the perceived problem.
I'm pretty sure it does, because isn't it better that 3 get extra rewards compared to only 1? I don't understand the logic with this point. Especially considering that this is in consideration of moments when the teams are neck-to-neck, so if the other teams miss first by only a few points, at least something will be given for their effort + there will be more incentive to keep trying to compete, thus promoting activity.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Right, but, what if your team comes 4th by a 2 point margin? Isn't that just the same?
Not necessarily. The idea of a 'top 3' is a very common idea that is applied in many different aspects, especially in the world of sports, considering the fact that we're talking about a 'race'. I don't think it's really unreasonable for the top 3 teams to be getting a reward instead of just the 1st one, especially given the fact that after the team goal is reached as consolation for a perceived 4th place/5th/6th etc that just barely hits the mark, there is no other incentive to really keep going (but adding a reward for top 3 would change it so that there is incentive again).
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
Right now the first place team is ahead by over 10k points I been on a team who was first place for a while then another team got way more points & I watch my team lose the will to try to get the points needed bc they was so far ahead, if 2nd & 3th places got something extra too we probably will had try to keep 2nd/3th
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 08:32 AM
Score: 627
TR code credit

Pages: 123··· 678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page