PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add 2nd and 3rd place prizes to type race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345678910

Lichasaurus's AvatarLichasaurus
Absolutely support! When I participated in my first type race my team lost first by a small margin. I wasn't really that mad though since I thought, "hey, our team got second, we'll still get something." I never even thought of the possibility that my team wouldn't get anything, it just seems so unintuitive. However, I think that the system should be improved on more than just adding a top three. Feel free to completely discard it though if it's bad.

My Idea

I think the ultimate solution would be to have two brackets; one with the top nine teams and another with the bottom nine teams. I have no idea how long the bracket deciding phase should last, but I'd say anywhere between 1-3 days. Type race would then continue as normal until the end of the week. Then the top three teams of each bracket would get a prize. What the prizes are is definitely up for debate since giving too much of one reward could ruin the value of it. So I'll just propose that the top bracket gets varing amounts of z-crystals while the bottom bracket gets varying amounts of gems. I have no idea about the market of both of these things, but I think it's a good starting point. Pros: +Larger chance to get rewards (6/18 compared to the current 1/18). +More participation due to a larger chance of getting rewards. Cons: -Essentially a complete overhaul and would take more time that the original option proposed by Terabbit. -Could potentially ruin the market for whatever the reward is.
I might put a nice signature here eventually... but not now. PFP made by me.
natureluvr's Avatarnatureluvr
I think it should even go to fifth place. It's not fair to the people who get put on teams that don't participate. We don't get to choose our types for the race so even if we do our very best if the rest of our team isn't participating we just lose out anyway and that really stinks and is kind of unfair like we didn't ask for this and we worked just as hard or even harder than people who are on the first place team and get the prize just because they were carried.
Avatar made for me by IzzyFizzyBoo
This is very relevant again. Team normal launched ahead within three first hour or two and no one has even been close to catching them. Makes the type race seem pointless, aside from the nice break from melan hunting I support this idea! As for AbsoluteMarbles' idea, I'm not sure how choosing the brackets would work. It also doesn't make sense that teams 1-3 would get something and teams 10-12 would get something, but teams 4-9 wouldn't even though they're doing better than teams 10-12? Sounds like a situation that would cause a TON of complaints. Also I feel like it would defeat the desire to try and come in 1st - why put in the effort if you can just get into 10th and still get a prize?
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Bumpy bump
Icon by me!
Magical Rose's AvatarMagical Rose
I support! I think it might help people have more incentive to get as many points as possible even if there's no chance of getting first place. Sometimes the team that's in first place is so far ahead of everyone to the point that the possibility of winning is almost to zero.
Pfp made by me.
Kårñstêin's AvatarKårñstêin
I support this! There's often one team that is VERY MUCH in first place, and even if my team is in second place, or neck and neck for third place, I can't help but feel like there's no real point and I often consider no longer participating once I've gotten the zfrag amount I want. I feel like if there were second and third place options then a few more teams would feel encouraged enough to participate and have a little more spirit when doing so. It would feel a little more rewarding to do so as well c:
Red Soul Dew

Red Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a red coloration that manages to emanate playfulness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latias.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +7,883,496
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
"Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. Where do we go from here?"
juzitane's Avatarjuzitane
I support and the reason why is that only 1/18 teams gets a prize? It didn't even pass my mind that 2nd, 3rd or maybe even 6th place aren't eligible to receive a reward, for as minimal as it seems, receiving something extra boosts morale quite a lot and helps people keep hatching their type race pokémon. Time after time I've dropped type race after 1k points or so, because it is useless to try and get your time ranked up, since you're never beating top 1 with a 60k advantage.
Check out my shop!
credits
Credits for background image are on my Profile's About me. Avatar was made by Kerilet.
SaltyUwU's AvatarSaltyUwU
Full support. Like others have mentioned before, when one team gets ahead, most of the other teams kinda just give up and people only hit their personal goal and then stop. If people think that giving fragments or large gems to second and third might hurt the market, second and third could get gp instead. Something like 150gp for second and 100gp for third. Sorry, but I don't think a bracket system would be good. And some people would probably not participate in the race at first so their team would get put in the lower bracket, then they would go all out and gain a bunch of points. The system would be a little wack.
:P Profile done by RomVHS at her wonderful Roulette Art Shop! Buying/Swapping for Death Wings! U w U
type race bump uwu
Bump

Pages: 12345678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page