PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add 2nd and 3rd place prizes to type race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 5678910

pranksterjpg's Avatarpranksterjpg
support-- i really like that the type race is one of the only tournament-contest style events where you can actively see where you and others are, and compete for the top. while it is a personal goal for me to help push my team into 10th place, i don't see myself honestly winning a single type race in the next few months. i think there is likely a good portion of users that feel the same way i do: it's fun to compete even if you don't make it to 1st (it's fun to try to break top 5, top 7, etc), and a reward incentive would make it just as fun. i think even a small 50gp prize would be nice, i could use it to buffer the daycare passes i have to buy when i started deciding to do a type race hunt- something i've noticed other users do too (although 50 gp might not be as worth it to some people, i really have no idea what kind of prize it could be just because i'm not 100% familiar with the market yet but i understand how oversaturation and demand work). imo, i personally feel like there would be an overall boost of users on the site during the type race as well.
× 1 / 600
× 3 / 600
× 0 / 15
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
This always gets bumped during the type race haha Bump
Icon by me!
GardenWitch's AvatarGardenWitch
Support! Honestly most or all contests have 2nd and 3rd place prizes and getting gp as a prize would be nice. It'll give people a small push to at least try for 2nd or 3rd when 1st is way out of reach
Collecting
20 30
Journal UFT Fields 0
credit
Background from New Pokemon Snap F2U code by Gumshoe
CorvinNoikrow's AvatarCorvinNoikrow
I support, especially for the gem reward. I've been stuck in this Noibat hunt for a year now, so any additional way to get gems for my other badges would be a pleasant addition :) That, and it would allow me to be able to hatch eggs quicker for the next type race as well if I had more gems to put towards my badges.
Image is from the 2020 advent calendar They/them (preferred) or he/him pronouns.
Flapple's AvatarFlapple
Support. one of the things that always turns me off about type races is looking and seeing the 1st place team just have a massive boost over everyone else, for some reason it makes me think its not worth it to participate. would LOVE second and third place prizes, this would absolutely make me personally want to participate if there was a bigger chance, and i feel like a lot of people agree!
by ruevex
🍎Journal🍎 icon by magsimillion
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
No support. It would destroy the z frag market. Maybe a few small gems of the given type shouldent destroy the market too much but I wouldent touch the z frags. They are hard to obtain for a reason:/
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~

QUOTE originally posted by Winter Wolf

No support. It would destroy the z frag market. Maybe a few small gems of the given type shouldent destroy the market too much but I wouldent touch the z frags. They are hard to obtain for a reason:/
Id have to disagree because the zfrag market is actually currently inflated. They were worth agood solid 100zc for a full z for almost every type. (Minus normal which hS been at 200zc plus for about 3 years) There will always be a demand for z frags and crystals. I dont think adding 3 frags to a group of players that earned second place in an event would greatly harm the market. Also small gems is such a small reward it wouldn't even be worth it to try to be a runner up. Im going for a reward that is both worth it but not more than the first place prize.
Mischevïous's AvatarMischevïous
If you're melan hunting and want full chances, you're going to need a fair amount of z-crystals. Each z-crystal lasts until server reset, so depending on when you're online, how much you're online, and how rich you are, you're going to want alot of z-crystals. So there is always demand. You only get so many crystals sitewide each month, and not everyone participates in Type Race. So I support! The Olympics and pretty much every other competition worldwide has 2nd and 3rd place, so why not Type Race? It'd give people the determination to push forwards to at least third place!
Jana Kennedy's AvatarJana Kennedy
I fully support this! Even if you don't care much for the extra prize itself, it is something that could be sold on or used for a trade. I don't think it even has to be something big for 2nd place, just...something (maybe even 1 extra frag for 2nd and a medium gem for 3rd, i don't think hurts any kind of value then as its not too much) even if you don't want to give anything for third as there are only 18 teams competing, something for 2nd would be really nice in my opinion.
Always looking for quirky pokemon!
  • Typerace
  • Shop
Current Type Current Points 0 Clicklist Next month=
My shop! I offer shelter hunts, free fields, shiny/albino, variants/exclusives and more. Please post in shop rather than send a pm. Buying
Spectral Leiomano
for anywhere between 20 - 40zc depending on market price - send pm to see if i have enough money ^.^
Avatar is from Unus Annus, free to use image from the 'pick a side' part
Bump

Pages: 123··· 5678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page