PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add 2nd and 3rd place prizes to type race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 8910

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
So the type race is fun and all... but when a team gets a crazy lead and its not neck and neck being in second and third can be boring! So i think it would be super fun if there were second a third prizes added!! What could these prizes be? Well im thinking 2 extra z fragments for second and a large gem for third. But this is just my thoughts it could be anything niet sees fit Pros: teams close to second and third will enjoy the friendly competition if first place starts getting unbeatable (ie normal being 60k points ahead this race) More chances of prizes might encourage more participation? Cons: could harm the z frag market and gem market? But honestly. since the buff to the zcrystals the market price for frags abd crystals went up so this might help!! Gems however? I sm not sure. I dont believe they ever extremely harmed the market before
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Caramel123's AvatarCaramel123
I'm neutral on this, I don't really care about Z-crystals and crud, now with the albino radar buffed, I don't have a use for them (unless normalium z)
Check out the fakemon mmo, https://pokengine.org!
Adian's AvatarAdian
I would support this as well! I don't quite know what items we could add without breaking the z-fragment market? I know a lot of people expressed interest about large gems so perhaps a gem prize could be added again? I was part of team normal this month and right from the gate we bypassed everyone and had a massive lead the entire race. It was awesome for me but... I've been on the other end of this before too and would sometimes barely hit the goal of 1.5k before giving up because what was the point in going past that?
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Frosmoth's AvatarFrosmoth
I support this! I think it would definitely give more drive to teams to try and get in the top three. I've been on teams where it's hard to motivate people when the overall score isn't that good so maybe this could help make people want to participate more? I can't see adding 2 extra frags as a prize for second place hurting the market. With the albino radar buff, I've been watching prices and Z-crystals have been snatched up quick when a Sei day comes around due to the fact people want their melans. I could be completely wrong but a few frags won't break the system in my opinion.
Signature credit: Chary. PFQ Avatar was created by Noctis of my OC for my use only!
Opalide's AvatarOpalide
Support. When you have one team pulling massively in-front - by a few thousand, if not a few 5 - from day one, there's no real drive to participate in type race, as with that amount of difference, there's no way you're going to pull ahead. If people are worried about the Z-crystal market crashing, perhaps a lesser prize could be given - instead of a full crystal, say, 5 shards, or gp, mega vouchers, boxes or something to buffer. Not as large of a prize as first, but not enough to damage the market.
selocon's Avatarselocon
This was rejected somewhere before, I think. And we already get a participation trophy, why don't you go and over-saturate the market with whatever prize it is. No support for now. If I can see a viable way to implement this without over saturating the market with Z crystals or gems (mind you, the Large Gem prize was removed because people complained) then I could support.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

This was rejected somewhere before, I think. And we already get a participation trophy, why don't you go and over-saturate the market with whatever prize it is. No support for now. If I can see a viable way to implement this without over saturating the market with Z crystals or gems (mind you, the Large Gem prize was removed because people complained) then I could support.
Well I believe that this suggestion has not been made since the typerace changed from a community event to a team event. and most competitions have 3 top prizes. As you probably know the market is based on supply and demand. And right now, zcrystals are in extremely high demand . Team normal won today yet the market price for their zcrystals have not fluctuated. Zcrystals went from being worth 500k is to 700k-1 mil. So I am not scared for the market. also I believe that the gem market is un important because it would be nearly impossible to inflate that market. Gems are created everyday on site. Thousands and thousands. I really don't think a few dozen large gems would hurt the market
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
I know I've seen this suggestion made a while ago, but I do support this! Z-crystals and gems are both consumables and very useful for players so there'll always be a demand for them and the market doesn't really change too much in regards to a couple extra fragments. It would be nice to have a little extra something for making it to the top, especially since normal's lead this race was ridiculously high and impossible to compete with. As it stands half to a quarter of the teams even reach the 100k goal, this may help boost participation a bit.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104628220 / 200,000,000
AstroCat's AvatarAstroCat
I support this as well. Several times myself and others I know will try hard, but when we see how far ahead one team is from ours, we kind of give up.. knowing that there would be a 2nd and/or 3rd place prize, I'd happily try harder even on teams I don't care about as much (types that I don't plan on hunting a lot.) I'd be fine even if it wasn't anything as exciting as a large gem/z crystal. Even like 50gp for 3rd place and whatever for 2nd would be good. This might keep people from giving up and just going with the minimum they need too if they think they can do better by doing more.
nanarini's Avatarnanarini
big support. what i notice happening, is one team gets ahead, and the others just kind of. deflate instantly. as a result one team wins with a huuuge margin, and a lot of teams end far away from the team goal. that was what i saw happening a few months ago before i left for a while and this is what i saw now when i came back. it would be good to give them a lil push to not lose motivation and keep competing anyway even if the first team has a huge margin

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page