PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Age rating TOS feedback

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678910

Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

... EDIT: Finished eating so adding this here - Suggestion that it'd be better for PG and not PG-13 taken on-board seriously. PG seems more preferential than PG-13 c: PG-13 is not a full no-go but is definitely looking less reasonable than PG. Would still probably offer "13" as a non-official suggestion to parents.
Based primarily on the above edit, (having only read a little over halfway through the posts so far), I think the two ratings definitions are somewhat misconstrued. The following is from the US ratings (I am Canadian, but they are pretty much identical up here). "Rated PG: Parental Guidance Suggested – some material may not be suitable for children. Rated PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13" The KEY word on PG is suggested. Not 'required', or even 'strongly suggested'. So far (again, I've only read the first half of the comments), the content/interactions of 'concern' on this site fall(s) fully within the PG-13 rating, as defined above. As PG does not require parental involvement (not even initially - as has been incorrectly suggested several times so far in my reading), I think it leaves the site open to being challenged as 'underratred'. I know it would be nicer/better for site participation overall to only go as far as a PG rating, but that, by the very discussion on here, Garthic included, would be inaccurate. That said, I do support a move to at least PG rating, with a further review in 3 or 6 months at the latest.
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/1 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
KaiserMeowser's AvatarKaiserMeowser
Personally, I think bumping PFQ up to at least PG would be the best. Keeping 100% of a community as large as this completely G-rated is a bit of an insane task for a fairly small moderator team. PG would provide that "Hey, this site is mainly kid-friendly but there may be some slight minor disturbances here and there" for the parents and keep the site available to as broad of an audience as possible. It would also provide a bit of a breather for the mods and the community in terms of what can be mentioned and where (Undertale, Homestuck, etc.). A small note to anyone who isn't in the know; The mature sections in the forums can only be accessed by those who's DoB says that they're 18 or above. Discord link is also only available to persons over 13.
Meihru's AvatarMeihru
im sure it was already stated, but i think a good point is also... well, just look at the maingames? or the pokedex? there is quite a lot sutff there that is everything but g rated? so thats another thing why pg is a good thing . i mean... we play a pokemon based game and are/HAVE TO BE scolded by mods (since its their job, no offense here) because we discuss certain pokedex entries? thats somewhat ridicoulus to me, honestly. (and yes, that actually happened)
avatar commissioned @ YaGurlShelly
Yeah, which is REALLY baffling to me but based on the rating I mean... What can you do? Like I said I do NOT know how they get away with the ratings they have - some of it is genuine horror material like seriously. Messed up. -w-; Anywho! I think I know what we're going to do now - I will need to speak with Niet to confirm and such but we seem to be going around in circles a little bit. Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I'm sorry we didn't leave this open a bit longer for more feedback but tbh this is something that we want done sooner rather than later ^-^ Will post again when Niet is back so probs in a few hours depending on when he gets back <3
Rawry's AvatarRawry
Despite being a little late to the party, I'm quite happy with this change! Despite not being directly affected I think the PG stance will help parents understand the interaction based nature of this site! Or at the very least suggesting its not just click-click, hatch-hatch. I never cared much for ratings when I was younger but now I care for them and I respect your choice. Speaking of... I have tonnes of respect for you guys acknowledging everyone's comments and feedback too, keep up the good work and well.... keep doing what you do best!
Your Local Shinx Hoarder-500 Shinx and Counting PfP Created by Me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Gif.
I'm also late to the party, but I support this change as well. While the gameplay itself is G-rated, interaction with other users is one of the core mechanics of the site and could spark conversations that may not be appropriate for very small children. Like Rawry pointed out, I think the PG rating is a good-heads up to parents to let them know exactly how much of this site is founded on interaction with others. Even the gameplay involves direct interaction with others (trade evos) and is practically impossible to avoid.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
Spaceship's AvatarSpaceship
i support :3 I mean I'm not the oldest and not the youngest but I'm older than 13 so
Melans 💚💖
furina's Avatarfurina
imagine sans undertale bottom text (but uh. for real. I think this is a good change. There's been questionable stuff even in PKMN itself.)
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
My main question--what does this mean for swears? I'd assume derogatory terms are still banned, but what about "lighter" swears? What about more "severe" or "heavy" swears? (If you need elaboration just PM me and I'll elaborate what I define by that.) Listen, I wanna make sure I know what's up before I make a meme in the meme thread including a swear and tank a forum ban that really, really shouldn't have happened.
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstock

My main question--what does this mean for swears? I'd assume derogatory terms are still banned, but what about "lighter" swears? What about more "severe" or "heavy" swears? (If you need elaboration just PM me and I'll elaborate what I define by that.) Listen, I wanna make sure I know what's up before I make a meme in the meme thread including a swear and tank a forum ban that really, really shouldn't have happened.
I'd assume it to mean no changes from the previously acceptable swears, ie. "hell" and "damn." I don't think any additional swears have been 'unlocked' by the PG status :P From the updated Rules thread:

QUOTE originally posted by Rules

This site is intended to be child-friendly with parental guidance - to be clear, this means that there may be some content that parents do not agree with such as words like "damn" and "hell" being allowed. This does mean that people should avoid swearing or harsh language - censoring it does not make it okay. This extends to linking or referencing off site works which are inappropriate in nature. There shouldn't be any need for it in general conversation. In RPs and FanFics, it should generally be avoided - however if the context allows, it may be okay. Just so long as it's reasonable.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123··· 678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page