PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Age rating TOS feedback

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 8910

GrayGriffin's AvatarGrayGriffin
Well, as mentioned, it would also be for things like paying for site currency with cash, as well as making it possible to discuss other games and such that are PG-13 but not unsuitable for kids. I think it's kind of pessimistic to automatically assume that everyone will "toe the line as much as possible." Heck, your post already provides a solution-you can just as easily make your own threads PG or even G-rated if you want.
My first shiny!
YamiChip's AvatarYamiChip
I’m not familiar with british laws, but I know sites based in the US that involve interactions with other people are legally required to be PG-13 (12 and under children are either not allowed at all or not given access to any communication routes. Twitch and tumblr are examples of the first, neopets of the second). So in my experience the site should already be PG13, but who knows how international law covers things like this. As for my personal opinion, if the site went 18+ I’d be thrilled, but I get that won’t happen.
(Avatar Sprite from Pokemon Yellow, recolored by Me)
pecksh's Avatarpecksh
The problem with this is A I said some people will toe the line, which if you think very hard about it you will likely agree. Currency purchases do not need a higher rating than PG which already says that parents should be involved Finally, settling the rating in a roleplay cannot work if it is stricter than the site rules because I am not a mod and have no power beyond reporting so whatever the site level is is all that can be enforced unless rp creators could delete posts in their rp thrads which they cannot and likely shouldn’t.
I am a hopeless psychic here on the site. I like pokemon that are: glass cannons, tanks, or tricky. Mr. Mime can be especially fun as it is all three if used right: a glass cannon because that's how he attacks, (fast and hard), a tank because he can up his defence and special defence quite a bit and then take some hits, and tricky if he knows substitute and recover (some other people use baton pass, but not me). avatar by WilliamAllen on this site made for me by request
Disclaimer
Official art (c)serebii. Created & Coded by (c)SB for pecksh's use only.
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

QUOTE originally posted by Maya

I think a PG13 rating would be good; as an adult, I always got access to DoB 'blocked' websites by simply ... changing the year I was born in. No one is double checking that and there's no real way to tell if someone is lying about it, I don't think. (newgrounds as a kid, definitely saw more than I should have at 12 yrs of age...) I also don't know many (American) parents who actually give a flying flip about what their kids are doing online, so there's that to consider. It'd be safest, for PFQ's 'online liability', to reflect a rating more accurate to all its content, not just the clicky clicky hatchy hatchy part.
their are quite a lot of american parents or guardians that do care what their kids see, so im going to just say its not as different from other places in the world because well. parents and guardians. im 17 and my parents (mostly my mom) could care less what i watch/am on meanwhile my BFF (who is the same age as me) her garandparents wont even let her watch the kids disney channel for some stupid reason. so yes there are parents that dont care but from what i noticed in recent years is that parents here (in america) do care greatly what their kids see and most of those parents wont let their kids be on anything thats PG, especilly PG-13 or higher. so in my honest opinion i woudnt doubt if more people leave PFQ because of PG-13 rating and their guardians make them leave because they said so but the rating doesnt affect me at all that much so i dont really have any opinion about it changing tbh.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
To add on i personally think its a case of 'better be safe than sorry' with a pg-13 rating. There will and are posts on this site in public forums that are 100% pg-13. And the mods might never catch them unless someone reports them. But that doesn't mean a kid cant stumble upon it. I say the pg-13 rating is more of a warning. If a parent really was concerned about their child playing pokefarm they would research it. (I would almost suggest making a forum explaining pokefarm for parents of children just to be safe? Maybe recommending different things for children with accounts to do. Maybe password lock ZC purchases? Maybe give parent the ability to lock foruns (not the pfq ones that have info) from their childs accounts view and maybe even lock PMs from random players?) This sounds like a lot of work but as someone with a sister who is under 13 who plays this game i agree to this rating. I honestly would not trust my 11 year old sister to behave in threads as maturally as a 13 year old would. And i know every child is different but if LTTBY ever gets unlocked there is always a chance a kid could read some of the drama on that piece of work of a thread and sour their opinions?? Im blathering now but i think its definitely a smart move. Why lie to parents that this site has an E rating? If i was a parent on first glance i wouldn't think that this game lets you interact with strangers. And i wouldn't really want a younger child doing that. Its especially scary if you think about how a child could be being abused in PMs and unless its reported it could continue and escalate and the mods could never know. I was once a naive 11 year old on the internet and i know how easy it is to trust someone very quickly on the internet at that age (im sure a lot of people do) Also i just checked one of my apps that is similar to pokefarm (not in gameplay but in interacting with other users) and i found it had an e 10rating. Id say atleast score for that.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
KamiBee's AvatarKamiBee
It sounds pretty essential from the standpoint of protecting yourself legally. I think E/G ratings give parents who are not 'Internet people' a misleading impression that, among other things, the site is for children/young people. Now I'm old enough to remember back when Pokémon first became a thing, and I see lots of other adults here with kids, jobs, all that srs bsns stuff. I think most of us know how to be polite in polite company, but it's unreasonable to expect adults to not be adults on a subtle level. The G rating just makes no sense in this situation. Aside from that, I think a lot of adults online end up having inappropriate relationships with younger people - not in any filthy criminal way, purely in the sense that their parents would never be comfortable with a strange adult having the same sort of relationship with their kid IRL. On a site with a big social component like this one, parents should be given a clue straight up that their kids will be talking to older kids and adults. Honestly I'm surprised to hear the rating isn't at least PG already (I never need to pay attention to these things...). One of the first things I noticed when I joined was that it's common for people to list pronouns/orientation in their profiles. For better or worse that is one big can of worms for a lot of parents and something they worry about addressing in a useful way. At the very least I think the average parent would want to know their kid was seeing that sort of thing discussed so they can be prepared for questions and conversation.
Zømbii's AvatarZømbii
Unfortunately, we live in an era where the internet, in all of its good and bad, is open to such young people. I was never allowed on the internet by myself until I was at least 15, and even then I was not spared the creepy guy asking for things or suspisious websites that would open out of nowhere trying to convince me to click them. I think PG-13 is a good rating, even for something like Pokémon. Young people are already exposed to crap from the moment they can talk, and it's not good. Plus, I am terrible for my language and if I let one slide accidently, I don't want some 6 year old copying me. It wouldn't kill the site to put precautions into place
Maya's AvatarMaya
@D.MC - Let me rephrase. Parents in the neighborhoods I grew up in have more important things to do than monitor their kids on the pc / smartphone / tablet. Parents can't watch what their kids do at school, at a library, at their friend's houses, etc. I was 10, 11, 12 on Newgrounds back when it was a baby of AlbinoBlackSheep. I definitely shouldn't have been. EDIT: To clarify, this is a neighborhood where moms took their 10 and 11 yr old daughters to see 50 Shades of Grey; so imagine how much thought they would give a Pokemon website, regardless of rating. I can guarantee there is at least one user on PFQ who has listed their DoB as any age older than 13, and who probably isn't. It's still a much smarter decision to rate on the "worst" content, and not get zapped in the ... for it later, than try to baby it and deal with repercussions. There was a suggestion for a Parent's Guide to PFQ - I think that's a wonderful idea. I know there's a few mature journals on site, but since I'm 30, I have no idea if they are locked for anyone under a certain DoB. But they are there; we have a Mature forum section. As such, the rating should reflect those things. We have these items on site, your kid might see them, this is our rating because of it. It's better to be proactive, not reactive.
Nothing is impossible - improbable, unlikely, but never impossible. Avvie by Me! <3
Meihru's AvatarMeihru

QUOTE originally posted by KamiBee

Honestly I'm surprised to hear the rating isn't at least PG already (I never need to pay attention to these things...). One of the first things I noticed when I joined was that it's common for people to list pronouns/orientation in their profiles. For better or worse that is one big can of worms for a lot of parents and something they worry about addressing in a useful way. At the very least I think the average parent would want to know their kid was seeing that sort of thing discussed so they can be prepared for questions and conversation.
That is something that has bothered me from the beginning tbh. Im 29 so personally i dont care., But imagine a 10 yr old that wanders around profiles and in every second profile they see "im super gay", "lesbian", "trans" and whatever other orientations there are As said. Personally i couldnt care less what other people think or are in that regard. To each their own But for a 10yr old that CAN and in many casew WILL be somewhat diaturbing or atleast raise many questions. And mind you, they are already on the internet. It takes 5 seconds for them to google these words. And now think about what sort of content often comes up with that. A PG rating is a clear indicator for parents as for players as well that "more mature" content than just "yay cute pokemon" may be seen or interacted with
avatar commissioned @ YaGurlShelly
Rory's AvatarRory
I'm honestly not touched by this (I mean, I'm 23 by now so I'm not affected by ratings), and probably wouldn't had been if I were underage (I have a personal history of giving a false DoB to access mature forums when I was about 13); This to say that kids usually, at least the ones I know doesn't care about ratings, so this is more for the site safety in the unfortunate case something happens (but we all hope it won't) because everyone can put as many rating warning as they want, but parents that don't care about them and let their kids doing whatever they want exists and there isn't much site like this can do aside from clearly stating a rating. I would probably focus more on increasing awareness for possible creepy users and reports.
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page