PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Age rating TOS feedback

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 78910

Maybe, like on links that lead away from the official pokemon site, there could be a pop up warning you that the content on the forums may be more mature than that of the game itself. The official pokemon pop up states, "The Pokémon Company International is not responsible for the content of any linked website that is not operated by The Pokémon Company International. Please note that these websites' privacy policies and security practices may differ from The Pokémon Company International's standards."
<Insert very detailed signiture>
StormyMist's AvatarStormyMist
PG-13, mainly because it seems like alot of adults are on this site and they might cuss every now and then
It's already done, StormyMist, the choice has been made and it's completed. Please read the first post again. :) That said, I find your reason to be a bit... Weird... If I am honest. So far as I am aware, after all, we live in a culture where we're taught that adults should watch their language when they're around children (generally speaking - I have two friends (they're together) who are raising their children and not watching their language at all but they do mind their language around other peoples' children). This is something of a personal observation, mind you, but I do not think that I am incorrect on this matter. For what it's worth, my personal observations come from babysitting and working as a nursery supervisor for some time.
CHILL's AvatarCHILL
What about a PG-13 forum? Probably most people are under 18 and cannot access the adult forums where it's loosened completely, but a place where it isn't COMPLETELY child friendly for the teen users would be good.
0/300! To start Shiny Entei Hunt!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
That sounds like something for the suggestion forum. :v
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
That's also a bad idea as the forum is core to the game and the community aspect.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I meant not to apply that suggestion to the suggestion forum, but rather to take that suggestion and post it as a suggestion to the suggestion forum. @_@;; Sorry for not bein clear.
? I was responding to the suggestion itself, not what you said, rofl.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I'm reading everything wrong tonight, forgive me OTL there's just so much vagueness and a million ways things could be taken I mostly think because I took chill's suggestion to be about adding a new PG-13 forum instead of enforcing all forums on PFQ to be PG-13, while I think you took it to be the latter?? ofc idk for sure (I still believe it's the former by the way they explained it but idk for sure [Shrug Emoji]) I couldn't figure out how adding a new forum would somehow completely remove the forum/community aspect like you were saying. I then assumed you were replying to me, your use of "the forum" meaning the suggestion forum rather than the entirety of the forums, and how restricting that to being PG-13 would be a bad idea because it's core to the game/community and yadda yadda. sorry again for assumptions/confusions/etc OTL;;;; i might still be wrong about what really happened
Don't worry about it. S'all good either way. The thing with that is that we don't want to over-saturate the forums with different sections and the idea of having the content of the 'general' areas being appropriate all-around means that there's little to no segregation of the forums community. 15 and 18+ areas make sense for fanfiction and roleplay areas (and just in general for the 18+ area so that people can talk about whatever they want with no boundaries outside of 'be respectful' etc.) but for general forums I would heavily disagree. Community segregation is something that I've seen first-hand on some games that I've played and the general consensus from those games communities (AAA titles, for reference, I can't name the games though) was that it wasn't just a bad idea, it was actually killing the community. They did learn from this in the future and made it so that if the host had the dlc then everyone could play it which ensured that there was, at the very least, a lesser issue in this regard. It certainly did have less impact and the community responded well to this. We would do well to learn from their mistakes rather than repeating something that they've already shown us was a bad idea.

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page