PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Age rating TOS feedback

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
If the site was changed to be pg-13 would that mean discussions for games of that rating will also be allowed on forums? (Such as *****tale) I agree with the pg-13 rating as discussions here sometimes use inappropriate abbreviations (like lm*o) and 13 year olds can handle that and parents permission or knowledge yadda yadda. As long as theres no absolute age restrictions because this game can be enjoyed by people of all ages i agree to this.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Darkia's AvatarDarkia
I think its a good idea for the fact that we wont have little kids getting scammed on the trade forums and buying ZC with their parents money
10/1000 Wishing Stones
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
Is it possible to perhaps make it sort of ... recommending people to be 13? Meaning that users can happen upon PG13 content since (mods) cannot control community content 24/7, but overall the site is also suitable for people under that age. I haven't really been enough on the forums to be extremely knowledgeable on this issue with regards to PFQ, so this is a suggestion that's drawn from my own experience from a different site who dealt with the same issue. There it became quite the controversy due to various reasons and strong opinions on all sides (if you want more on that I'll talk about that, but not publicly). That said, I haven't come across anything that I would consider PG13 myself (except the aspect of ZC buying and possible scamming), but I've never had parents supervising what I do online so I can't relate to the previous concerns.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
@Keizatsu Basically, Kei. That is, funnily enough, one of the things that made me sorta go "WELL HANG ON A MINUTE" and start thinking about this because it's like. wut. I always held the opinion it made little sense - it's not kid-friendly, that's for sure (the rating is 12, after all) but it's also not like it's BAD?? Rules and law are weird... @Darkia We've had issues with kids using parents' cards before and we've always aimed to resolve those issues amicably. To go a wee bit off-topic in that respect (please don't pick up on this it's not anything it's just me explaining it a bit) the issue we have there is when people issue chargebacks. Chargebacks are for when 'x' pays for something and it is not provided - but we do provide the stuff so chargebacks are wrong and cost us money as the implications via 'a chargeback' are that we did something wrong... But we didn't x: tldr: chargebacks are MERRRRR Anyways. So long as people come to talk to us and resolve it properly, where we can, we'll simply give the money back and offer advice on how to avoid the issue in the future :D @MinniHowl I think my answer to that would be that we can't really tell you what age you 'should be' but we can recommend guidance from parents up to a certain age but maintain a base stance of "Parental Guidance" and leave it at that. I already covered the buying of ZC before I refreshed xD Perfect. As for scamming... We deal with that kinda thing via. reports and handle it as appropriate :D <3
Meihru's AvatarMeihru
Personally i never understood why it was rated g in the first place. I mean in all honesty i cant see my 11 yr old brother to be able to understand all the things in the game at all (language barrier aside), so, basically i would recommend pg13 either way, not because of "is this content appropiate for younger ppl", but more in a context of "are they even able to Unserstand the content" Also, as you said yourself, its merely a recommendation, not a neccessarity to be 13 or older. That aside, there is also the discord thing. A LOT of PFQs communication happens there, and discord is 13+ anyways by their tos, so in that regard it makes sense as well.l, since its the main meeting point besides the forums anyways. With the g rating thing it sometimes seems ridicoulus for what rules have to be made and been followed by (not that i say something against those, but lets be honest, pg13 makes more sense AND saves us some of that "thats not child appropiate talk") Tl;dr: im very satisfied and happy if that change happens.
avatar commissioned @ YaGurlShelly
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Oops i was ignorant to discord being 13+ in their TOS lol
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Speaking as a mother, I agree with changing the rating to PG-13.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Maya's AvatarMaya
I think a PG13 rating would be good; as an adult, I always got access to DoB 'blocked' websites by simply ... changing the year I was born in. No one is double checking that and there's no real way to tell if someone is lying about it, I don't think. (newgrounds as a kid, definitely saw more than I should have at 12 yrs of age...) I also don't know many (American) parents who actually give a flying flip about what their kids are doing online, so there's that to consider. It'd be safest, for PFQ's 'online liability', to reflect a rating more accurate to all its content, not just the clicky clicky hatchy hatchy part.
Nothing is impossible - improbable, unlikely, but never impossible. Avvie by Me! <3
Moonflame's AvatarMoonflame
A lot of things rated PG-13 have some parts of it which are G, but the point is that some PG-13 content is there and the rating is given to reflect the maximum rating content that you are likely to come across. Parents shouldn't be freaked by a PG-13 rating, it should just make them aware so they can have a look through the site to get a better understanding and check they are happy with what their kid is accessing. Changing the rating will give a more accurate reflection of site content. I'm in favour :)
pecksh's Avatarpecksh
I vote for PG for a few reasons. First it won’t look like the site is giving up its standards just because they are harder to enforce. When I make roleplays I in the rules remind people that the rating is G and that swearing etc will not be tolerated and that is usually enough of a reminder to keep people civil for them. Whatever the rating is, some people will toe the line with their content to try to be the worst possible. The site should not lower the standards to match the worst posters especially because that just moves the outer line firther for them to then try to toe. PG is a good guide so that the worst questionable material should be pg13 instead of worse since the moderators aren’t patrolling all forums at every moment. To give the opposite view I am also a parent and 27, but I would not let my kid on a pg13 site because content is usually worse than the rating slightly especially of websites. I would prefer a PG rating that tells me to pay attention because there will likely be some content that is questionable, but that the site is still willing as a general rule to try to keep the users safe.
I am a hopeless psychic here on the site. I like pokemon that are: glass cannons, tanks, or tricky. Mr. Mime can be especially fun as it is all three if used right: a glass cannon because that's how he attacks, (fast and hard), a tank because he can up his defence and special defence quite a bit and then take some hits, and tricky if he knows substitute and recover (some other people use baton pass, but not me). avatar by WilliamAllen on this site made for me by request
Disclaimer
Official art (c)serebii. Created & Coded by (c)SB for pecksh's use only.

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page