PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding trading in official games

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

darknessdawn's Avatardarknessdawn
Personally, I'm fine with this.

Warning: Somewhat long-winded explanation ahead. Includes personal beliefs about cheating.

It's not because of the fact I lack a main series game later than Gen V, it's because I believe that cheating is ONLY okay if nobody's getting hurt (except the cheater themselves, should any harm occur, though ideally nobody has any problems). You wanna ruin your own game? Go ahead. Hack all your GBA games? Sure, fine by me. Play ROMs to use cheat codes because you don't have a cheating device? I do it too (but make sure you have a legit copy too). But messing with other people? Scamming them into receiving illegitimate Pokemon they don't want? THAT hurts people who want legit stuff. I don't worry about stuff like this because my interactions with staff have shown that they are very reasonable. If they make a ban, it's for a good reason. Besides, scamming people is wrong no matter HOW it's done. The staff can't track the true origins of everything, so it seems reasonable to do what little they can, and a ban seems to fit. I despise when people hurt others just for a profit. If it's consenting, certainly, go ahead. And the fact that giveaways are still allowed seems fair too. After all, you can't get a better price than free!
Sorry for such a long-winded explanation. I just had a lot to say.
Avatar made from B2W2 Sprite by yours truly.
Just a quick question. If I need someone to help me with some trade evolutions of normal pokemon in the actual games, am I still able to or am I out of luck with that?(Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really tired)
Have a nice day :3 Avatar picture done by my bro KrisAmiss
Assassin2631's AvatarAssassin2631
As a shiny hunter in main games, it is quite disappointing to see so many hacked mons. As a side question-can we still trade regular mons? For example, I am soon planning on looking for someone to dex trade me some mons to get my completed dex for the shiny charm in ultra sun :p
somnomania's Avatarsomnomania

QUOTE originally posted by darknessdawn

Personally, I'm fine with this.

Warning: Somewhat long-winded explanation ahead. Includes personal beliefs about cheating.

It's not because of the fact I lack a main series game later than Gen V, it's because I believe that cheating is ONLY okay if nobody's getting hurt (except the cheater themselves, should any harm occur, though ideally nobody has any problems). You wanna ruin your own game? Go ahead. Hack all your GBA games? Sure, fine by me. Play ROMs to use cheat codes because you don't have a cheating device? I do it too (but make sure you have a legit copy too). But messing with other people? Scamming them into receiving illegitimate Pokemon they don't want? THAT hurts people who want legit stuff. I don't worry about stuff like this because my interactions with staff have shown that they are very reasonable. If they make a ban, it's for a good reason. Besides, scamming people is wrong no matter HOW it's done. The staff can't track the true origins of everything, so it seems reasonable to do what little they can, and a ban seems to fit. I despise when people hurt others just for a profit. If it's consenting, certainly, go ahead. And the fact that giveaways are still allowed seems fair too. After all, you can't get a better price than free!
Sorry for such a long-winded explanation. I just had a lot to say.
This is exactly how I feel about things. For games outside of Pokemon (which I haven't played one of since Blue, and the only cheating I ever did there was the rare candy/99 items glitch), my view is that 1) I paid for it and should be able to cheat if I want and 2) if I played it legitimately the first time around, there's no point in feeling bad for using godmode or whatever in subsequent playthroughs. With games that I have a billion hours in, like Skyrim, I have no problem using godmode, noclip, spawning items in so I don't have to go find them manually, etc. For things where certain parts cease to be fun due to time spent, difficulty, bad RNG, etc., like Dark Souls, I don't feel bad about enabling a couple of tweaks to get past the rough spot (since I played it legit once already). In terms of games with achievements, I do try to get them on my own, but if it's something like (again) Dark Souls, where multiple playthroughs are needed, and items only collected via PvP (which I hate), I have zero guilt about cheating my way to them. I'm not using anything to just instantly give myself the achievements; I'm still investing the time and the patience for RNG drops and the like, I'm just not doing it with it also relying on my bad gaming skills to keep myself alive. If I can make a thing easier without just bypassing it entirely, I do it. So tl;dr I view the hacked Pokemon as being more like just insta-granting achievements. It ruins the fun, it swindles other people, and puts these players on a totally different level from others. And if real money is involved it's extra scummy.
LeapingRiolu's AvatarLeapingRiolu

QUOTE originally posted by Assassin2631

As a shiny hunter in main games, it is quite disappointing to see so many hacked mons. As a side question-can we still trade regular mons? For example, I am soon planning on looking for someone to dex trade me some mons to get my completed dex for the shiny charm in ultra sun :p
I doubt we'd be able to. Regular pokemon are just as often hacked as to have op stats. Even if you arnt using it, you have no way to know where it came from and if its breaking tos.
WE ARE THE RIOLU NATION! WE NO DA WEH! Ive got a new Shop! Yay! Follow the pokemon if your interested! CLICK ME FISH! SO CLOSE!
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

(: 0)

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterDark
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
And a link to a pretty cool raffle.
banner made by Anchali
EeveeBailey's AvatarEeveeBailey
I have a question. A few of my friends and I play some of the Pokemon fangames, and since we enjoy breeding for IVs (and shinies, when RNG is nice to us), we were considering opening a shop for bred Pokemon for those games. Would this ruling affect that as well? I understand that Nintendo has a hard time being able to verify the legitimacy of hacked mons, but some fangame communities police trades closely and have very strict penalties for hacking/cloning -- Insurgence and Uranium especially, you can get instabanned from the community and the online features if you're caught.

Forum avatar is my Ace Sylveon Pokesona, drawn and gifted by MarchNemesis, a member of the Pokemon Uranium Creators Collective community on Discord. Full size image + credits can be found here. Banner is my own design. I have more free-to-use pride banners here!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
If you have to pay for those pokemon, yes. If they're free, no.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
i think it might be allowed since it’s technically not an official game
× 10 / 250
I shall let the rain fall for eternity
Uranium was very clearly shut down by Nintendo so we have to go with their ruling on this. Of course, the game was already out there so even though they hit it down it didn't really change anything... In any case, that doesn't change the fact that they did what they did, so anything based around that we have to go with their ruling which boils down to "No". They haven't done that for insurgence, as far as I'm aware, so that should be okay in that respect. As long as you can't cheat to get Pokemon then it should be fine. If you can, then it falls under the same ruling as the official games.

QUOTE originally posted by Ashtheace

Just a quick question. If I need someone to help me with some trade evolutions of normal pokemon in the actual games, am I still able to or am I out of luck with that?(Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really tired)
That's fine :) Edit: i hate my phone sometimes xD
Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
What if I'm a Pokemon IV breeder, and someone is looking for regular Pokemon that they do not have in their Dexes? Would I be able to mention that on my profile and not in the forums, or do you mean, nowhere at all on this site, not even through PMs if someone was asking on their profile? (Just to make sure.) I've given away extras to others on this site before, but I haven't done so recently.
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page