PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding trading in official games

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Hi there! This has been the case for the past 2 weeks but due to our real-life we've been unable to make a post regarding it. We have been enforcing it, but it's been done so in a very gentle manner since we knew that it hadn't been announced due to the issues that we've been having. (Moving house, no internet, generally been out of house and having to resolve several irl issues). In any case! This has been put in to place as a result of Nintendo being unable to screen their own shinies as legitimate in their own core games, how the heck are we supposed to? The answer is, basically, we can't. Unfortunately, there's not much else we can do with this in mind - we've made our stance on cheating particularly apparent (tldr: "No") and we've seen (over an extended course of time) multiple instances where the source of the Pokémon are unconfirmed and sketchy. And... Sadly, there's not much that we can do about it... Except for this. Well, we can't do anything else without going against our own stance on cheating, anyway... And we're not about to do that. So, sorry, but it's no longer allowed. :( As a quick final note - just because we haven't announced something (yet) doesn't mean it's okay to mini-mod. We've had to reprimand several people for this and while we appreciate that you're trying to help, it's just given us more work than a quick report would've been. Remember, reports aren't the be-all end-all of someone, mmkay? :p
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
I'd say I don't have a problem with cloned shinies so long as the source is legitimate but come to think of it, if you trade away something you have an identical copy of, then you have nothing to lose and everything to gain...

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
SoraSmith's AvatarSoraSmith
Sorry, I'm being a dumb and not understanding what's going on, is this implying people are cheating or modding the official consoles games? (Didn't think you could do that anyway 'cause I have no idea how you would 'Action Replay' (yes, I am that old and remember the GBC games having long codes) a DS game with today's probably more powerful locking tech and no AR devices to plug the game into, if that makes sense.) Why would that affect this website? I'm also under the assumption people were swapping Friend Codes and trading over that like you could with Gen 4, is that what's being stopped/banned?

QUOTE originally posted by SoraSmith

Sorry, I'm being a dumb and not understanding what's going on, is this implying people are cheating or modding the official consoles games? (Didn't think you could do that anyway 'cause I have no idea how you would 'Action Replay' (yes, I am that old and remember the GBC games having long codes) a DS game with today's probably more powerful locking tech and no AR devices to plug the game into, if that makes sense.) Why would that affect this website? I'm also under the assumption people were swapping Friend Codes and trading over that like you could with Gen 4, is that what's being stopped/banned?
People have been cheating and modding on official Pokemon console games since the dawn of time. They can use stuff like pkhex and other generating software to cheat in faked Pokemon.
Avatar: Official (Your Lie In April)
Ãntarëm's AvatarÃntarëm
i know also some other ways of how to do it, but i think we shouldnt discuss it here. we are basically telliing other people how to cheat xD
wanna know which auctions are upcoming? ill update my 2nd post in the shop with that info. My shop is here check my journal for all of your spying needs boop
While I appreciate the giving of information, you shouldn't be giving this information out. I've deleted the relevant posts - which has made what Ãntarëm has said in response seem a bit odd but xD That's fine. Don't do this, please. What Duckbug has said is correct, that is the reason why we're not okay with it and that is why we're not allowing it. Even legit shinies that are cloned are basically not legit anymore as a result of the cloning.
SoraSmith's AvatarSoraSmith
Sorry if I started anything, I just knew about the cheating in games (again, only the first two generations since their programming seems so simple) but had no idea about modding, which I'm not asking for information for, I figured that was a PC-game thing only. Wierd to think we have the tech that can alter games this advanced is all. Sorry again.
Really all you need to know is that people can do it - it's not all that difficult - and that Nintendo can't even catch people out doing it because they can match the necessary data point for point. Sadly, there are people out there that some people know do it - but how do you prove it when the primary way of doing so (Nintendo's official checker) says "Yeah, this is fine." when it's not fine!? XD
Yeah Especially Considering Someone Used A Hacked Pokemon IN A NINTENDO EVENT!!
Credit To Levian Wonder For The New And Amazing Badass Avatar
Did you mean Niet? Because he did. And he got away with it. :p

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page