PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding trading in official games

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

You don't have to deal with it. Why would you see it? ;)
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper
I've never played any if the Pokemon games. Was very poor growing up and never had a device other than a GameCube. What's wrong with cloned Shinnies? Your getting a shiny so what's the big deal? Not that I'm saying this update is bad or anything but I genuinely have no idea why it's bad can someone explain?
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Seánoeoe's AvatarSeánoeoe

QUOTE originally posted by Princess Alexx

I've never played any if the Pokemon games. Was very poor growing up and never had a device other than a GameCube. What's wrong with cloned Shinnies? Your getting a shiny so what's the big deal? Not that I'm saying this update is bad or anything but I genuinely have no idea why it's bad can someone explain?
The problem, at least how I see it, is that by cloning a shiny, youn have to alter the games coding, that's the first bad, second it takes the fun and challenge away from the actual shiny hunting process, and whoopsie number threesie, people are making these hacked pokemon and giving them away for profit. which is essentially like someone trying to sell oxygen.
We will climb the highest peaks to acheive our goals! Let me guide you through the storm, team Subzero Slammer
L0KI's AvatarL0KI

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

You don't have to deal with it. Why would you see it? ;)
I also believe in the rules it states, off site trading is not allowed to prevent scams, so people "found" a way arpjnd it with clones.
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper

QUOTE originally posted by Seánoeoe

QUOTE originally posted by Princess Alexx

The problem, at least how I see it, is that by cloning a shiny, youn have to alter the games coding, that's the first bad, second it takes the fun and challenge away from the actual shiny hunting process, and whoopsie number threesie, people are making these hacked pokemon and giving them away for profit. which is essentially like someone trying to sell oxygen.
It seems more like selling an exact copy of a diamond just with a more shady background. Personally I don't see the big deal. But I can see why someone would get upset. Well I'm glad the mods are doing something about it. Good on them =]
Bones's AvatarBones
I always saw cheating (in pokemon ofc) as a victimless crime so long as both parties are aware of the circumstances. But thats the problem, I guess. Even if this announcement was “you now have to clarify if your in game shinies are legit or not,” that wouldn’t stop people from advertizing their illegit shinies as legit and harming buyers who have no interest in cheating. It really sucks as someone whos pro-cheating in many circumstances to see a community where people are being scummy and this happens as a result.
insta: @ shrimpbus tumblr: @meatleaf twitter: @ meatleaf1
While I have bought a shiny before from a trade on here, there was also a trade with someone else, whose name I can’t remember, who ended up not bothering hunting what I was going to pay for. Thankfully of course I didn’t pay for it as per the sites pre-paying rules, but it still made me salty because of my abysmal shiny luck in the main core games :p

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

OmegaReploid's AvatarOmegaReploid
well, I've never chewingcheerschefcheated in pokemon sun/moon I'm so sorry for that typo. my phone is dumb
"This is what's wrong, all right. Its Badly infected. I just don't know what it is.(into a mic) Rocky, I need you to study the tape of the rescue on the volcano. We're looking for something that scratched Billy. " -Matt Medic, Rescue heroes the movie. Profile picture is Mr. EAD as princess Peach from the F-ZERO anime
The problem is that by cheating and doing this stuff online (especially), you're breaking the terms of service of the games. If Nintendo isn't okay with it, then we aren't either - especially considering that we're running a fan-site based on their products.
LeapingRiolu's AvatarLeapingRiolu
Im fine with this change. Never even had plans to sell core game pokes on these forums, any shinys a get are all mine! And I can see why the change had to made, as sometimes you can easily tell hacked pokemon (dream ball Kalos pokes, alolan starters in special Pokeballs, shiny locked legends that havnt had an event ect.). But with alot of different pokemon, its impossible to know its origens, and a hacked/genned shiny has no value. A competitive 6IV pokemon has no value. And that if people choose to try and profit off it, its not only against Nintendos tos for cheating, its also blatent scamming.
WE ARE THE RIOLU NATION! WE NO DA WEH! Ive got a new Shop! Yay! Follow the pokemon if your interested! CLICK ME FISH! SO CLOSE!
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

(: 0)

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterDark
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
And a link to a pretty cool raffle.
banner made by Anchali

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page