PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding trading in official games

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Typically it's the shinies that are hacked but max IV Pokémon get hacked as well, so they fall under this, too. As was said before, if you're not profiting, it's fine. If you are, then we have issue.
Moffkat's AvatarMoffkat
All right then. Never played the games except for the original Blue, on a Gameboy that's around 20 or so years old, and belonged to my uncle. So, sorry to people who were genuinely just selling pokemon, sorry to people who were cheated, and thanks, staff for covering this. [exhales and walks away]
you are everything don't forget that
she/her | -5 server time perpetually eepy art by sheepoid
zeepzorb's Avatarzeepzorb
I can easily find out if a Pokemon is hacked, or not. Most of the time with the 'judging' option unlocked after defeating red at the battle tree, you can check it's effort values. If all of them are 'perfect' or 'fantastic', that's an obvious warning sign that the Pokemon is indeed hacked. I understand your reason for this, since some people have the smarts to know how to get away with this without the EV's being perfect. However, I think that trading via friends in DM's, or making seperate groups for this trading would be a splendid idea. Giving the fact that I can tell the difference between a hacked, and a legit, would there be a problem with forming a group from Pokefarm (private group, of course) for this trading?
Please do not message me without thinking of these few things first: 1. Is it appropriate? 2. Should I change my wording? 3. Does it have anything to do with Pikahuna? If the message falls under any listed below here, do not send it: 1. If it is innapropriate in any shape or form. 2. Possibly violating personal space. 3. Disturbing/discomforting.
Adian's AvatarAdian
@PiKáhuna From what I've been reading... As long as no money/goods/sale is happening over any pokemon it's okay.
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by PiKáhuna

I can easily find out if a Pokemon is hacked, or not. Most of the time with the 'judging' option unlocked after defeating red at the battle tree, you can check it's effort values. If all of them are 'perfect' or 'fantastic', that's an obvious warning sign that the Pokemon is indeed hacked.
This is complete nonsense, as anyone who has ever done IV breeding for competitive battling will tell you. Getting the judge to tell you that all the stats are perfect is literally the whole point of IV breeding.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
EeveeBailey's AvatarEeveeBailey

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by PiKáhuna

I can easily find out if a Pokemon is hacked, or not. Most of the time with the 'judging' option unlocked after defeating red at the battle tree, you can check it's effort values. If all of them are 'perfect' or 'fantastic', that's an obvious warning sign that the Pokemon is indeed hacked.
This is complete nonsense, as anyone who has ever done IV breeding for competitive battling will tell you. Getting the judge to tell you that all the stats are perfect is literally the whole point of IV breeding.
I'm not familiar with the Battle Tree as I haven't really done breeding or training in the canon games (I'm an IV breeder/comp trainer in a couple of fangames -- and starting to do that here -- simply because they put the IVs and EVs in plain sight). But if Pikahuna's phrasing was correct in saying that the "effort values" can be judged, then that is indeed a good judge of whether or not something has been hacked. EVs (from training, not from breeding) can only have a max total of 510, so at best only two stats can be maxed out. Now if it's IVs that Pikahuna referring to, then yeah, Niet's correct. I've bred out an army of 6IV Ponyta here, it's not hard to do with the right setup (in my case, getting some breedjects from other IV breeders). It's a heck of a lot harder in the canon games where you can't actually see the exact numbers, but definitely doable and shouldn't be an immediate flag of "oh, you're a hacker".

Forum avatar is my Ace Sylveon Pokesona, drawn and gifted by MarchNemesis, a member of the Pokemon Uranium Creators Collective community on Discord. Full size image + credits can be found here. Banner is my own design. I have more free-to-use pride banners here!
LeapingRiolu's AvatarLeapingRiolu
Now although i agree with Niet, if it happens shiny pokemon, then the liklyness of it being hacked is much greater. If you do get a 6iv pokemon, id recamend being wary. Though shiny on top of that is id say dont use if you dont want anything to do with hacks. Me, im personally against hacked mons being distributed by any means, free, at a price, i hate it. Theres many ways to be sure of a pokemon being hacked, if you check on seribii theres some good ways of manuall hack checks.
WE ARE THE RIOLU NATION! WE NO DA WEH! Ive got a new Shop! Yay! Follow the pokemon if your interested! CLICK ME FISH! SO CLOSE!
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

(: 0)

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterDark
Happiness 27%
Bold nature
And a link to a pretty cool raffle.
banner made by Anchali
Having thought about it for a while, I agree with the changes made here. I’ve had some nice shinies over WonderTrade, but I always question their legibility. “Oh I got a lvl 100 shiny Mewtwo from WT, I bet that’s hacked” “Oh a lvl 100 shiny Rotom! Probably hacked too.” I generally don’t like to automatically assume that a Pokémon I obtain is definitely hacked, but the likeliness is honestly huge, considering how a lot of people clone their shinies and send them off anywhere. ^^;

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

zeepzorb's Avatarzeepzorb
Sorry, I was referring to shiny perfect IV Pokemon. Now I'm being bashed in the head about it-.
LeapingRiolu's AvatarLeapingRiolu
Yah, if its 6iv shiny, then again, dont get your hopes up about it being real. In my opinion, i dont see why any body would hack a shiny in, all it is is a valuable different colored pokemon, and by hacking it in, it removes all value. And hacking in pokemon for competitive purposes is blatent cheating. Wolfie's Raichu for example, was hacked and used in VGC. I just cant stand that.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page