PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Disallowing "Grab Bags"

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 5678

Firesong's AvatarFiresong

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

QUOTE originally posted by Firesong

EDIT: FORGOT A THING, you'd be obligated to not delete your thread too before all bags are sold but I'm not sure how enforceable that is.

Okay, say a user suddenly has to leave for a few months after they make a grab bag thread. They have, say, 5 bags left. Because rules/regulations say the thread can't be deleted, where does that leave staff? Do they leave the thread or go against their own rules/regulations and delete it? Also, about showing proof of rng.. even if a code/feature is made on site for this, unless each roll can be recorded even when not used in the post there's no way to prove that is the actual number they rolled. Honestly, if it is able to be made 'fair' and regulated, then I'm fine with it staying.
That..seems like a really unlikely scenario. Adjustments can be made for special situations, certainly not every person is going to make a grab bag and disappear off the planet. Like you know, they don't expect you to hold onto an item for a trade that was agreed upon if the other user suddenly flies off into space never to be heard of again as an example of this. And the way I meant for the site feature is that the numbers are generated when you post and cannot be edited or removed in any way. Like in a similar fashion to gaia where the numbers appear in a line above your post so it's not actually in the main body of your post if that makes sense? I'm not really sure what you mean when recorded even if not posted. And again I don't really mind if grab bags go if the amount of work put into making them fair outweighs the benefit.
C: Made my avatar myself.
Zen's AvatarZen
I meant that, if it was made similar to most random/roll sites which allow you to keep going, someone could continue to press 'roll' until they got a number that aligned to a bag with a bad prize.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Firesong's AvatarFiresong

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

I meant that, if it was made similar to most random/roll sites which allow you to keep going, someone could continue to press 'roll' until they got a number that aligned to a bag with a bad prize.
Oh, in that case you don't generate the number until you post. Here, I put some pictures I hope will make it clearer.

1. You select the option to roll a number between 1 and 100 for example. 2. The post is made, and as you can see, the numbers are not part of the post box that you spoke in. Also, only now can you generate a number (ie. you can't make the number before posting to your liking.) 3. I hit the edit post button. Random number is not editable!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I think what bothers me most about looking through the research thread is that about 90% of the clearly unfair bags all seem to come from one or 2 people. I mean, when you go through them, you'll notice the large majority of the people who got scammed all payed the same 300gp price and got the same lucky egg. Similarly, later on there are a bunch of people who paid the same expensive gem price and -once again- got the same lucky egg. Heck, it could have even been the same seller with multiple threads. I mean, there are so many grab bags that have been fair or at least close enough not to warrant major complaints through giving shinies and albinos. I've seen lots of people get 5k shinies for only 100gp. even more who get it for a fair price like 200gp (or equivalent) There was even one person who got an albino for only 100 gp. It really just does feel like a very small number is ruining it for all the people who are actually being fair and having fun with it :/
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Jayolu's AvatarJayolu

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

support speaking as an adult: something that seems to be overlooked is that this is a form of gambling, which is against site rules, considering it is child friendly. gambling [gam-bling] noun 1. the activity or practice of playing at a game of chance for money or other stakes. 2. the act or practice of risking the loss of something important by taking a chance or acting recklessly i think the grab bags fall under both these definitions.
sothe gambling is lice cuphead don't deal with the devil
You've met with a terrible fate haven't you?
If it makes you feel better Staff's gathering data here, so that they presumably can make an effective decision

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
Based on the data given by users, here's what I came up with: *Items below the value of 40k Credits should be banned from grab bags, such as Sweet Hearts and Evolution Stones. Unless it is a very cheap grab bag. (Ex: 20gp) *To ensure a user has the items and can be trusted, you will need to be of the Ace rank or higher to give out grab bags.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
Rokon's AvatarRokon

QUOTE originally posted by Primaesthetics

*Items below the value of 40k Credits should be banned from grab bags, such as Sweet Hearts and Evolution Stones. Unless it is a very cheap grab bag. (Ex: 20gp)
Except this would be setting prices for things, which staff vehemently refuse to do.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Whiiich pretty much brings us the the heart of the problem. There's always going to be someone who tries to take advantage of the system, to use it for ways that are wrong. And it will just come down to the staff's decision. If they believe they can minimize the influence of that someone to a satisfactory level, then they will implement it. But if they can't find a way to do that, they'll have to ban it. It's nearly 3 AM (here) and I'm about to get philosophical on this. I gotta get some sleep.
Looking in the Grab Bag admin thread makes me super sad Some of these are some various obvious scams 10-15 gems for a lucky egg? Shinies for common form change items? High GP/ZC prices for a lucky egg? I am disappointed with some people in the community for stooping this low to scam people :/
Profile Picture made by my friend on Facebook for ME only! Proud user of SerenesForest! (Kaden badge made by Dwlr on SerenesForest for me (just for general forum usage)) Non suspicious Saeran made by Yukinora! Sorry if I type too much, I am good at overexplaining.

Pages: 123··· 5678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page