PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Change to the Egg Timer

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123456

SharlaTheHoms's AvatarSharlaTheHoms

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

Wow, that's a lot of complaininess, and probably all from frequent mass-clickers. My opinion? Really great. Very very good. Party-clicking needs to be encouraged more. Things like the EXP share have made users hide away and massclick the same few users rather than help out people who actually need it. The notion that this makes the timer useless is laughable. I maxed out my timer from party clicking alone in a couple hours. And if the amount is reduced, then it'll be easier than ever-- at least, for frequent party clickers. In any case, this will be a positive change for everyone if it results in an uptick in party clicking.
That isn't the point. The point is that it removes the choice to mass click just to benifit from a feature.
Amazing Avvie by Syre<3 I'm a huge Xenoblade Chronicles fan ~ Survey Corps Section Commander, Sharla Smith [Daughter of Erwin Smith] Trade Shop
× 102 / 500
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
And you're missing my point: this is implemented to help out the little guys who don't get massclicked.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
SharlaTheHoms's AvatarSharlaTheHoms
Like me? (Seriously, I don't at all) Why can't we have a choice, though? If anything changes, I'd rather have Dorkychicken's compromise.

QUOTE originally posted by thedorkychicken

I have the immediate feeling of revolt but I'm going to hold back the worst of it until I see/learn how this is implemented. Most of my concerns also center from the question iOlrickx and Crowvict have. If party clicks only accelerate it faster, I'm fine with that. (In fact, I think that's a great idea!) If it's party clicking only, that's where I have a problem. (For reasons I won't get 100% into just yet until I learn more) (To make a future long reasoning post short, it's the difference between being rewarded for party clicks rather than being punished for mass-clicking)
Zen's AvatarZen
Except that, if what they're saying is correct and that you only level it by party clicks or whatever, then that removes the players choice on how they want to click by forcing users to party click just to use the egg timer. Which, if that's the direction they want to move pfq into, they might as well remove the rule saying it's our, the players, choice. Because it's not our choice if we have to party click to use a feature that we can't turn off.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Because mass clicking is way faster and easier, and only benefits a select few (if at all-- many of their hoards are evolved/lvl 100). Really though, hear me out; it seems like most players prefer massclicking to party clicking now, again, due to the EXP share. So, basically, you can have either your EXP share helping you out more by faster clicking, or your egg timer by leveling it up through party clicking. And here's the thing: there's really no benefit for mass clickers to click people back, or click newer players at all. Clicking through 2000 users a day, I'll get 1000 who return it at best. That's... not great. So, anything that might boost party clicking is worth it. It'd be better if it were this way in the first place, just so that people don't feel like things are taken away from them (which is the vibe I get from this thread). But what's done is done, and this could have a positive impact.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

Wow, that's a lot of complaininess, and probably all from frequent mass-clickers.
A lot? Where? Besides one person that seems to be slightly confused with the implied change, I don't see anyone else complaining about it. Simply asking a pretty reasonable question IMO.
selocon's Avatarselocon

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

On the thread "A Change to the Egg Time" You posted this:

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I'm going to take the idea of "users" and change it to "party clicks". This would resolve the issue of "one-clicks" and, let's just say we took the original idea and said "okay, you have to six-click people" - then we run in to the issue of "what if this person doesn't have six Pokémon in their party?" and it just gets more fun from there. I think the better thing to do would be to say "party clicks" in general, that way a) One-clicking doesn't become optimal. b) It doesn't matter what a person happens to have in their party - clicking everything that they have is still more beneficial than nothing. c) It promotes user-to-user interactions, as opposed to outright mass-clicking... Which is a general direction that we plan on moving in for the future in any case, so why not get started here?
Could you clarify how this is going to help users overall? I am a paramedic, and recently got a position in firefighter school, which means my workload is going to triple and I'll be able to be on PFQ even less. How would this help me? I can usually mass click and get in enough interactions in the morning for about level 8 if I didn't work the night before. I'm on call 24/7 and often end up working even on my days off, so this is going to harm my possibilies of getting a good level timer in the mornings.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

You're not under the impression that we'd leave the number of interactions needing to be made as they are, especially considering that we'll be changing it to something that is much slower than S+S clicking, are you? x:
Not trying to usurp any staff authority, but I PM'd Garth earlier to clarify, and this was his response. The first long quote is my PM to him, second quote is his response.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
That's good to hear, selocon, and I think that'll put a lot of previous posters at ease. iOlrick, that's just the way I took it, considering people were saying to 'just leave it alone' and that it was a 'bad idea' before it was even implemented. Paraphrasing since I'm on mobile.
L0KI's AvatarL0KI
so is mass clicking now being kicked out for something new? (a

QUOTE originally posted by ThunderGod

so is mass clicking now being kicked out for something new? (a
How is mass clicking being 'kicked out', and how is party clicking 'new'? You can still massclick to your heart's content, and reap all of the previous benefits EXCEPT the timer.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page