PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Change to the Egg Timer

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123456

Leonidas1754's AvatarLeonidas1754
I've seen a number of people having issues with the Egg Timer, and many of them seem to believe the solution would be to have the option to completely turn it off. However, I don't think that's a good solution. When the Egg Timer was first announced, I was so happy. A thing that would help eggs hatch over time, plus promoted interacting! Booyah! But I quickly realized that it's not great for active players. Just clicking my fields, as of right now a bit over 800 pokemon, builds it to level 6-ish, and I've noticed it creates a really bad feedback loop, especially for anyone who's SAM Hunting. To get more eggs, you need to click. But clicking ups your egg timer, which in turn hatches your eggs faster, which means you need more of them. In the past three days, I've ran through 60 Daycare passes a day, maybe more, and that's far faster than I can get money to buy them, especially since that's not the ONLY thing my money is going towards, what with buying Ubercharms and recharging Shiny Charms, along with participating in tournaments. Releasing eggs and adopting them from the shelter is a potential solution, but for exclusive/variant hunters, it's not the greatest idea. I'm only hunting Spinarark at the moment, and I've lost count of how many eggs I've released today, but even right after releasing 20 to the Shelter, it took me a half an hour just to fill my party. In the end, the egg timer has forced me to click more and make more interactions, but it's also made me click less people. I only click about three people nowadays because it's better for trying to make eggs, and the only people I click otherwise are the ones that clicked me first. It's actually made me less active overall on the site, from not going out and clicking a bunch of different people, to actively AVOIDING the pokerus holder. It's not even SAM Hunters either, I'd wager. Newer players are also hatching eggs faster, meaning they have to adopt eggs faster, and without higher shelter passes, they'll run out quickly on non-Shazi boost days and have to resort to the lab, which isn't always a great option, especially as time goes on. Granted, I don't have as much of a frame of reference for this, so I could be wrong, but it's speculation on my part. I have a couple of potential solutions, and I'll do my best to accurately describe them and their pros and cons. Interaction Points to Charge With this idea, the Egg Timer would use interaction points to level beyond the base, level 1. You could still use it without spending points, as the base Egg Timer works now, and higher levels would hatch eggs faster for that day. It wouldn't be like the Albino Radar in that you can level it up by one each day, more that you can chose what level you want it to be at for the day. For example, on days I work, I might charge it at a lower level, or not at all, because I can't check it much, but on days I don't have any plans, I could charge it to the max level, since I could be online a lot to hatch and replace eggs. -Pros: Would fix the feedback loop currently on the egg timer, and give more freedom and flexibility with using it, all while still promoting more interaction. -Cons: As the Albino Radar already exists and uses IP, it would force SAM hunters to chose between the two if they don't have enough points for both. Track By Number of Users Interacted with Instead of Individual Interactions As the Egg Timer works right now, Mass Clicking people with large stacked/sorted feilds is far more rewarding than other clicking methods, as exemplified by my statements about the feedback loop regarding SAM Hunting and breeding eggs. In this way, the Egg Timer would instead be based on how many DIFFERENT people you interacted with, perhaps with New Users counting as two instead of one to reward clicking them. -Pros: This would promote the clicking of more people rather than clicking more of individual fields, especially towards newer users who are less likely to have S&S feilds -Cons: May accidentally promote a habit of only clicking 1 pokemon/egg per person, I am not sure of the logistics of coding this sort of thing or the strain it would have on Sally Egg Timer Boosts An Egg Timer Boost is my name for an Item that would up the level of the Egg timer, and would work much like the DayCare EXP Booster. Everyone has a Level 1 Egg Timer by default and can buy EXP Boosters to level it up and have the Egg Timer give more EXP, and the Booster could be held by a Pokemon to temporarily disable that level, or sold on the market. -Pros: We already have a basis on how this could work with the DayCare EXP Booster, it would fix the feedback loop, and give another currency sink so not as much currency is building up and being shifted between players. -Cons: Doesn't promote interactions like the other two potential solutions I've suggested. Also would be a sharp change from how the Egg Timer currently works. Overall, I really, sincerely love the concept of the Egg Timer, and I do feel like promoting interaction isn't AS important with it due to the major aim being to help people who can't be on as much and therefore can't interact as much. I appreciate the good intentions behind this mechanic, but feel it needs some changes. As far as my experiences have gone, it's actually made my play expereince MORE stressful and made me interact with LESS people than before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thank you for your time.
Icon by Me
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Just going to pop This thread in here. Not rejected yet, but you can see how people responded. Also, While I haven't been able to find which thread it was, I'm fairly sure I remember Niet saying party interactions had gone up since the egg timer's addition. I'll keep looking so I can find the actual quote though. It was in some other thread wanting to change the egg timer.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Zen's AvatarZen
I'm kinda iffy, since I'm fine with how the egg timer is and the only issue I see is for when hunting exclusives/variants that can't be found in the shelter. But your complaint is that you can't breed enough/can't afford dcp. You're hunting Spinarak, a low exp egg. If you're mass clicking with the exp share, then yeah you're gonna hatch them quick, especially if the person you're mass clicking has more than 4k pokemon. That isn't the egg timers doing. You could always release the eggs as well to the Shelter rather than constantly buying passes.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
1. I've seen active players that have stated they can't always fully charge their Albino Radar daily to progress their hunts so requiring IP to then also charge the Egg Timer is just going to make it harder on them and even harder on those that can't be as active. 2. Just no. People should be able to decide how they want to click on their own rather than being forced into it just to benefit from a feature. 3. You mentioned it yourself, this option doesn't promote interacting at all. I don't think I need to say anything further here
I honestly don't understand how the addition of the Timer is causing problems for people. It hasn't changed anything for me, I still hatch the same amount of eggs and average the same amount of interactions as I did before. I've noticed a clear increase in activity on the site since it was added which I feel is a good thing so I'd say leave it as it is.
SharlaTheHoms's AvatarSharlaTheHoms
I'll just say this. I don't support any of these... If anything has to change about the egg timer, it'd be adding the option to turn it off. I honestly think it's fine the way it is. It doesn't bother me hunting a variant- because if I lack the eggs, I can just throw Pokemon in my party and click to breed more. :/
Amazing Avvie by Syre<3 I'm a huge Xenoblade Chronicles fan ~ Survey Corps Section Commander, Sharla Smith [Daughter of Erwin Smith] Trade Shop
× 102 / 500
No support for reasons iOlrickx already stated.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
Agent3's AvatarAgent3
No support, mostly ditto on the reasons iOlrickx stated, they articulated better than I could. And, honestly, if you run out of shelter adopts and dcp you could always just call it quits for a day/reset cycle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
Parafox's AvatarParafox
In addition to what has already been said, here is another option: If your eggs are hatching too fast, you can always turn off the EXP.Share. Give it to one of your Pokémon for a few minutes while you are mass-clicking and you have successfully slowed down your hatching process. (Edited only to get rid of auto-correct mistakes.)
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
selocon's Avatarselocon
You have the same problem if you get rus--should we turn that off too? There have been solutions posed above that, honestly, make far more sense than limiting the egg timer/turning it off. Here's another one: put pokemon in your party while you click for eggs. I am having the same lack of eggs problem with a 6k EXP egg in Duskull, and I'm even massclicking for eggs. I think this is just another complaint of "its not fair for me, so lets change it" like all of the type race threads.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
Liscarra's AvatarLiscarra
Just going to throw im my 2 cents: My job is, by definition, not gonna allow me the time to make that many party clicks in a short enough time to get my radar up enough. This is going to be especially true after I get cleared to go back in the air, as I spend an average of 12-14 hours on duty with the air wing during that time--6 of which is spent either in the air or going over data with the 6 other people in my group. I'd have approximately 10-12 hours for me time daily, 8 of which is sleeping. Meaning the other 4-6 hours should probably be spent not online playing pokefarm until I get all of my other stuff handled--and that's not counting watch.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page