PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéRus is back!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345678

Meppe's AvatarMeppe

QUOTE originally posted by Naïveté

Well, this thing is scary. A rookie just got it and suddenly the number of pokémon he has in her possession has doubled and most of them are over level 30. In the space of 15 minutes. That just feels so broken but so awesome at the same. I love it for all of the wrong reasons. Thank you, Niet.
That's probably because of Niet day and MCW.
I have sorted fields with over 5000 pokemon in them.
Nataku's AvatarNataku
Rus is a nice addition I think. Still find it rather annoying that I have been trying every day since it got put in and haven't yet caught it once while there are people whose profiles claim they got it like 3-5 times a day...Personally think that it'd be a little more fair to the whole community if the immunity after catching it were 24 hours so that the same person doesn't get infected multiple times a day while others don't get it at all half the time. On pf1 I never had it while some others had it up to 12 times a day though >> I guess I got a good immune system going then.
When life gives you lemons;kindly accept its misguided charity and incorporate them into your scheme for world domination~ Anonymous My avatar is mine. From the image 'yes milord'. Proof:MY Deviantart account!
Meiana's AvatarMeiana
I'm so glad Pokerus has returned. It's even better now, what with improved mechanics. Though crazy-clickbacks isn't going anywhere I don't think. :b
♡ Avatar is official artwork from the game Pokémon Café ReMix.
Killjøy's AvatarKilljøy
Yayy the poerus has returned! Okay am I meant to be happy about a disease? Anyways I mainly wanted to say that I received the pokerus today and today is my birthday so thanks Pokefarm! @Nataku- Thats how it works- Chance. It is annoying but that makes it more fun! If it was easier, I wouldn't have a mini heart attack when I saw the little purple bar!
Eleiyas's AvatarEleiyas
x2 multiplier PKRS on a x2.5 multiplier day - that's a loaddd of exp :D awesome idea ^^

QUOTE originally posted by Nataku

Rus is a nice addition I think. Still find it rather annoying that I have been trying every day since it got put in and haven't yet caught it once while there are people whose profiles claim they got it like 3-5 times a day...Personally think that it'd be a little more fair to the whole community if the immunity after catching it were 24 hours so that the same person doesn't get infected multiple times a day while others don't get it at all half the time. On pf1 I never had it while some others had it up to 12 times a day though >> I guess I got a good immune system going then.
I'd like to second this, 1 hour seems like far too short of an immune period for a site that regularly has 500 people on at once. For every person that is lucky enough to get an additional turn in a day, one other person is denied of their 15 minutes in the spotlight, a fact that is even more unfortunate on a Niet day.
I have a journal again this one is """mature"""
vo¬ov
okay maybe eventually I will have a template for this?
Art credit in About Me
Karai's AvatarKarai

QUOTE originally posted by Blahsadfeguie

QUOTE originally posted by Nataku

I'd like to second this, 1 hour seems like far too short of an immune period for a site that regularly has 500 people on at once. For every person that is lucky enough to get an additional turn in a day, one other person is denied of their 15 minutes in the spotlight, a fact that is even more unfortunate on a Niet day.
Yeah! I'd like to second this as well, there are some people who have gotten it 6 or 7 times already, while there are others who haven't gotten it once. 24 hours seems like a good time, maybe even 48 hours I dunno. Certain people have tried every day mass clicking the Rus host and they/we still never get it when we've tried... A longer time period would certainly be handy.
I do woodburning commissions. Come check it out here!
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
The side effect of having a 24 hour or longer immunity is less people will click the pokerus host. Once someone gets pokerus, they most likely won't (mass) click the pokerus host which will make less people wanting to get pokerus, further declining the amount of clicks the pokerus host gets. A 1 hour immunity is a good balance considering these factors.

QUOTE originally posted by Petaminx

The side effect of having a 24 hour or longer immunity is less people will click the pokerus host. Once someone gets pokerus, they most likely won't (mass) click the pokerus host which will make less people wanting to get pokerus, further declining the amount of clicks the pokerus host gets. A 1 hour immunity is a good balance considering these factors.
I see your point, but that's an absolute maximum of 96 people not contributing to the Pokerus host at one time, assuming all of them spend every waking moment on this site. Considering how many people log onto this site every day (which I'm willing to bet is in the thousands), that's only a minor dent. Though perhaps an immunity of 6-12 hours would be more reasonable regardless.
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
I think it's a reasonable assumption to assume that people who want pokerus would mass click the pokerus host. I've checked a few times this weekend a random pokemon in a pokerus host's fields (not the first few fields), and there are generally around 10-20 people who clicked that pokemon. A 6-12 hour immunity would probably drop that number to less than 5. Also, most people don't care/aren't aware of pokerus, so it actually has a big impact on the small number of people trying to get pokerus and its benefits.

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page