PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 519520521522523··· 748749750

Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by ArtisticUmbresol

someone needs to look into this sprite

So i was looking for sprites for the point made in the first hide box and discovered that this birbs Leak is a wee bit over saturated In comparison to the shiny and melan which seems to me the leak is the same color. Whats the deal with that?
I believe that the way the spriteing pattern goes is that shinies and melans are supposed to keep consistency and normals to albinos for consistancy.... theres definitely a proper wording to it but as an example, cyndaquil shiny and normal both have the same flame color. That means that the flame colors on the albino and melan needs to be the same. Where as shiny emboar has blue flames. So that means when unova gets revamped melan and albino emboar will have different flame colours. As such because of this rule the leek on albino farfetched is supposed to be a similar hue as the regular farfetched colours so the melans leek is more dull like the shinys leek.
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
Vixony An's AvatarVixony An
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

I believe that the way the spriteing pattern goes is that shinies and melans are supposed to keep consistency and normals to albinos for consistancy.... theres definitely a proper wording to it but as an example, cyndaquil shiny and normal both have the same flame color. That means that the flame colors on the albino and melan needs to be the same. Where as shiny emboar has blue flames. So that means when unova gets revamped melan and albino emboar will have different flame colours. As such because of this rule the leek on albino farfetched is supposed to be a similar hue as the regular farfetched colours so the melans leek is more dull like the shinys leek.
Flames and leeks are very different. Flames colors can change depending on many things. Flames can naturally be red or blue, and with the right elements involved it can be green. Leeks are food. While white strawberries and pumpkins exist, albino leeks do not. Changing the leeks color makes no sense.
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Vixony An

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

Flames and leeks are very different. Flames colors can change depending on many things. Flames can naturally be red or blue, and with the right elements involved it can be green. Leeks are food. While white strawberries and pumpkins exist, albino leeks do not. Changing the leeks color makes no sense.
That is literally the leek hue of regular farfetched. Like. Its the same colour. Shiny = melan Normal = albino As shown with the leek colour. Artisticumbresol just never showed normal farfetched next to albino farfetched. Another good example of this is the komala line.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
I think you misunderstood what I meant, Nova. I'm on mobile so I'm not going to make a big post.

albino and melan rant again rip

"I'm sorry but the melan being a completely different colour in melan forme makes sense where as the albinos don't?" The reason is because a purple is made up of red and blue pigments. It makes sense that if an animal produces more of a pigment, as in melanism, it would change from one color to another. The reason it makes little to no sense for the albinos to change color so drastically because it's a lack of pigment. The reason albinos have blue eyes in some species - like humans, from time to time - is because they lack pigment. Not because they gain a new blue pigment. Even following real life rules, there's so much variety! How leucistic is the albino? It could be from white to nearly normal, some of it could be paler than other parts, very subtle color shifts would be appropriate. How dark is the melanistic Pokemon? Does a purple become red, or blue? They could be nearly black, nearly normal, or anywhere in between. I feel like that's so much variety. It opens you up to more variation than the system now does!
Like I said, I know nothing would ever come of my wishes for a better system. The system isn't going to change. That's a bellyache of mine, but it's not the bigger issue here. I'll never say 100% of the changes are poor. The new albino K. Ninetales is so good - that pale white with a hint of green just nails it. Melan Flareon is nice. But seeing so many people upset over specific sprites and seeing no attempt at changes - even being presented with "well if we change this sprite we'll have to change that sprite you all like," is so disheartening. The changes to melan mega houndoom's sprite were made within a very short time - same with the changes to altaria's line. And none of them had this amount of dislike. This makes me worry that nothing will actually be done about albino vulpix, vaporeon, or sylveon. I hope I'm wrong but it just feels like these are set in stone.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
I assure you they are not and new sets are being worked on. The only reason they haven't been implemented is because the artist doing them (myself) lives in Australia and had to go to bed. We have real lives outside of pfq and timezones exist. Please don't expect us to have things ready immediately after backlash.
496 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Hoo boy so many replies not enough motivation to look through them all- Anyways i skimmed the first few about Vulpix and wanted to throw my opinion in the pot too I really adore the new change actually especially melan K. Vulpix, the blue is just so pretty with the green. Honestly meh about the brown on K. Ninetails but its still a prettier shade than the old one and it looks lit on the Mega And time to be the black Mareep (Or would i be green?) but i really love the green on the albinos cause it looks like mint (With a mix of emerald shade on the Mega) mint albinos are best foight me And im loving the Eevee line and only have a few nitpicks I agree with Dusky that Sylveon is really nice, though i think it needs the shade of green on the outer fur tweaked a bit? I really like th eidea of it looking like grass now lmao Really happy with the new Umbreon (God the emerald green secondarythird? color on the mega is sOOOO gOOOOOD) too maybe couldve kept the darker shade of black now that the other colors are better balanced And im loving the mint babies- Now time to start hoarding Eevee mega stones so i can evolve my vars...
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
Another attempt at the vulpix spites is being uploaded. Hopefully you like these ones better
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
grandmaster.pngc.png
10/10 I like vulpix a little bit more now.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
I preferred the old melan Kantonian Vulpix, a lot if I'm honest This is just... idk if I'm honest looking at the sprite kinda strains/hurts my eyes, I don't like the colors together
C10H12N2O's AvatarC10H12N2O
master.pngb.png
Oooo really love those new albinos! Gorgeous.
Adorable avatar by Quartz

Pages: 123··· 519520521522523··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page