PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 12345··· 131415

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Selocon's calculations are remarkably close to correct given the rough numbers and method used! And yes, ideally I want these to be bonuses, not facts of the game. Like if we had Niet bonus active every like two or three days, it's not special any more. I can certainly look into dynamic adjusting of the goals, based on the average completion time for the last X number of activations (if I did it just based on the most recent activation, it'd be subject to wild swings of variance, averages smooth that out). But that'll be a Future Update if it happens. For now just know that it is possible, and I kinda like the idea, but won't be going further with it for now.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
Yeah this was pretty inevitable the amount of activity is crazy these days!! Oh, but i’m definitely interested in sei increasing albinos… i would love to see how that one goes
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 6,459 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Overall, I have a question. Why are most site-wide counters based on a static number? Many of these counters are based on the entire site's activity level, which flucuates depending on many factors. Would it be possible to do some math to auto-set the counters goals?
Possible, yes, but at that point I might as well just have a fixed calendar like "Niet activates every 6 days, Garthic every 5 days..." and so on. I can absolutely do that if people want, but I feel like the community aspect of working towards these goals is more valuable - especially when it comes to ones like Sei where it relies on people playing the game normally to activate the bonus, rather than just waiting, for example, 13 days.
I... think you may have misunderstood my point. This would just be using the statistics ofinteractions over certian amount of time to adjust the bonus counters goals. It wouldn't guarentee any goals. You could even push it so that it only does this calculation once every three months. Plus, isn't the point of re-balancing the bonus counters to make them occur only as often as is healthy for the game, almost like... a fixed calendar...? I'm not trying to be hostile btw! I just am not following your train of thought or reasoning at all xD
Edit: Just wanted to let you know I missed this post of yours while typing mine and am not trying to push the issue if you don't want to worry about that now! I'm glad that it's a seed planted :P

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Selocon's calculations are remarkably close to correct given the rough numbers and method used! And yes, ideally I want these to be bonuses, not facts of the game. Like if we had Niet bonus active every like two or three days, it's not special any more. I can certainly look into dynamic adjusting of the goals, based on the average completion time for the last X number of activations (if I did it just based on the most recent activation, it'd be subject to wild swings of variance, averages smooth that out). But that'll be a Future Update if it happens. For now just know that it is possible, and I kinda like the idea, but won't be going further with it for now.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
@Neonyan: Yeah, I did misunderstand a little - sorry! Hopefully my more recent posts - especially the one at the start of this page - clear things up a little!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X

I think FabFriday is the easiest example: Take the average ammount of interactions in the past week per day and add a small percentage of that to be the first goal. Then add another larger percentage of that to be the second goal. Average Interactions Per Day (from past week) + (5% of Average Interactions Per Day (from past week)) = bonus level.!
I like this idea for FabFriday but I don't think the other 2 should be average out this way
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 05:51 PM
Score: 596
TR code credit
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Prf X

I think FabFriday is the easiest example: Take the average ammount of interactions in the past week per day and add a small percentage of that to be the first goal. Then add another larger percentage of that to be the second goal. Average Interactions Per Day (from past week) + (5% of Average Interactions Per Day (from past week)) = bonus level.!
I like this idea for FabFriday but I don't think the other 2 should be average out this way
Theres a lot of other ways you could handle it. For example, Type Race could have goals based on the percentage of players who have logged in in the past x months and are on y team. It wouldn't be based on interactions per day or something. That example isn't perfect (some teams get stacked with players who go NUTS, and giving them a lower goal wouldn't be fair), but it's an example of how you can use site statistics other then just daily sitewide interactions.
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

Theres a lot of other ways you could handle it. For example, Type Race could have goals based on the percentage of players who have logged in in the past x months and are on y team. It wouldn't be based on interactions per day or something. That example isn't perfect (some teams get stacked with players who go NUTS, and giving them a lower goal wouldn't be fair), but it's an example of how you can use site statistics other then just daily sitewide interactions.
I know this is just a side example, but I think the idea of type race teams each having a different win goal sounds widely unfair and should not be implemented
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
RedRiot's AvatarRedRiot
love the idea of sei including albinos! thanks for workin on all this for us!
sunny / noah - he/him - collecting quirky mons! fields are a mess, sorry!
33/100
96/100
4/100
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
i am looking forward to these balance updates. as a long time player this is something that has definitly been needed. i think the type race should always have the same goal for every team every month. none of those goals should very based off of how many users on your team log in or any other factors either. some months you get lucky and are on the team that blows everything out of the water and the next you are on the team struggling just to make the team goal. these same two teams the next time you are on them could be in the exact opposite postions because new users join old ones leave as well as a number of other factors that effect how well a team might do. the bonus counters being updated based off of site adverages could be a thing but i personaly like how they work now. i personaly would love to have a seperate bonus for albinos instead of it being combined with sei. it would be far more exiting to get sei+albini bonus on the same day rather then just geting sei and we have both. also it would be cool to have another staff member get a bonus counter maybe the site could even do a vote out of those considered or someone already in the staffs eyes deserves the spot maybe. i just feel this would be more cool to do.
My type race4704. My trade thread can be found here
× 191 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

I know this is just a side example, but I think the idea of type race teams each having a different win goal sounds widely unfair and should not be implemented
Yah I agree, it was just an example for other statistics that could be used ^^

Pages: 12345··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page