PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123456··· 131415

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png
I like the idea of more frequent balancing, because, to me, that feels more like "active balancing" than few-and-far-between big changes that feel more like "oops, we have too many players who play the game too much, we're making this twice as hard as it was just yesterday". I also like how it fits in with the philosophy of "we only want x bonus to activate every y days on average" while still giving us the opportunity to work harder to get bonus days sooner, and rewarding us for that activity.
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Possible, yes, but at that point I might as well just have a fixed calendar like "Niet activates every 6 days, Garthic every 5 days..." and so on. I can absolutely do that if people want, but I feel like the community aspect of working towards these goals is more valuable - especially when it comes to ones like Sei where it relies on people playing the game normally to activate the bonus, rather than just waiting, for example, 13 days.
Part of me likes the idea of the boosts being scheduled so I can plan around them more easily (it's really hard to take advantage of a Shazi day when I work 8 hours a day and commute an additional 2 hours), but I think I would miss the community and random aspect and also the excitement of having Niet, Shazi and Sei boosts all line up Edit: Forgot to add that I also love the idea of an Albino boost bonus counter - but I think maybe adding another staff member rather than tagging it onto the Sei bonus? (maybe a Cele or Methos bonus counter?)
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Those are great updates! Though I have enjoyed the frequent bonus days, it's really helped me progress quickly :3 but those adjustements are very sensible. I agree with those saying they should remain community-driven, and not on a fixed schedule. I love the sense of community you've got going on here, and I think a fixed schedule would really harm that. My TR race team smashed the 300k points, so it'd also be nice to be rewarded for all this effort in future races :) I LOVE that individual team goals give more rewards than the overall ranking. Again, it fosters a sense of community I haven't seen elsewhere :3 Edit: Forgot about the albino counter! I have no strong opinion whether it should be separate from Sei's or rolled into it, but still! :) (It's rare that I stick around with games and forums, but I love Pokéfarm. Thank you Niet and everyone else on the team sweetheart.png)

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Echoing a lot of the voices here but I personally like the counters and goal-based rewarding vs "Okay in 6 days it'll be so-and-so day which is x bonus." Even if the goals end up somewhat working that way, as others have said, during events or other times we can work extra hard to swing the numbers somewhat too. I also like the idea of an albino counter being separate from Sei's counter. I know that would require some UI tweaking (or removal of a different counter) but I think it would be much more healthy for melanistic rates overall, and would get a lot of hype on Sei + albino counter days. Regardless, I like the staggered approach to raising the amount for counters and I love the idea of extra type race goodies for the teams who are just destroying the goals. Thank you for keeping an eye on things
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Inferno Overdrive for June:
Score: 2056
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Raziya's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-fire.pngRaziya
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
I was wondering if this was coming with the updates, hah, it would make sense to raise the bonus counters. I'd be down for Sei to also increase albino chances, even if it made the counter a bit harder to obtain. Also as a slightly unhinged TR hatcher I'm pleased with this change as well 😅 The FabuFriday change also makes sense. Thanks for being responsive and willing to make changes for the health of the game 🥰
Score: 15,580
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Meoauniaea's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMeoauniaea
hypermode.pngultra.png
Absolutely love that not only are you planning to revisit this, you're planning to do so on a regular basis moving forward. It's nice to see that you recognize this. I'd also make sure for the first two years or so to account for seasonal activity fluctuations. In my experience in the game dev world, the activity level for pet games like this one jumps significantly from June to August, then dramatically lowers. This was always associated with the fact that bored kids in the northern hemisphere had summer vacation. I am not sure if this trend is still relevant (last time I did any market research on it was in 2017), but it may be worth tracking that time period with that factor in mind, when doing balancing, in order to see if that trend is going to cause issues for the September to November time frame. Likewise, there's usually an activity dip in any game with 15-35 crowd during November due to NaNoWriMo, that immediately doubles those users' activity in December... as an ML for that program, I see this happen so much, and it's hilarious to me, but definitely something I'd make sure to factor in.
Avatar by me--cropped from a larger image I did years ago.
TheRPGNerd's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTheRPGNerd
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
god i would LOVE sei to boost melan chances!! ive been struggling with my pidgey hunt lol.
My profile picture was made by @CinderTobGlow on twitter, as a gift. [Pronouns are they/them.] Obsessed with mystery dungeon.
type race signature by Kieri
Hamez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngHamez
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
The only thing I read: Alibno Count yes pls
Steel-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
Team Corkscrew Crash — 18,978 points
Steel-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
5.png9.pngk.png For more odds and ends, Visit The Hamez-ing Emporium! Avatar made by NinjaAnne — Buying summon_jir.png for 20zc! 2/500
Sagidamas's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSagidamas
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
I have to say I saw this coming, the new amulets from Rank rewards are basically on par with a permanent Sei bonus, so I think it's only fair that some balancing should be in order. My only suggestion is, rather than only increasing the counters, perhaps balance could be achieved by both increasing the counter a bit as well as reducing the bonus itself? So purely as an example, instead of making Shazi take 20% longer to reach, it could take 10% longer and the final bonus could be 10% weaker compared to what it is now. I'm thinking about Shazi specifically because it can be a very double-edged bonus, as hatching potentially upwards of 300 eggs without a Niet bonus or a favorable V~Wave is really rough. We've been really fortunate recently with often getting Niet on the same day, but this kind of lucky coincidence will likely become less common as the respective counters get increased. Plus, I think it's fairly common knowledge that some bonuses simply... do a lot more than others (I think the results of that poll where we could vote which bonuses we wanted were a good indication), and this could be a good opportunity to bring them a bit more in line.
winterbraid | they/them | usually most active around daily reset one button fields and other CSS (last updated: 11 May 2024) typerace: dark | score: 12625 | next: dragon avatar by fubukit (Cubbychoo)
Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Winterbraid

I have to say I saw this coming, the new amulets from Rank rewards are basically on par with a permanent Sei bonus, so I think it's only fair that some balancing should be in order. My only suggestion is, rather than only increasing the counters, perhaps balance could be achieved by both increasing the counter a bit as well as reducing the bonus itself? So purely as an example, instead of making Shazi take 20% longer to reach, it could take 10% longer and the final bonus could be 10% weaker compared to what it is now. I'm thinking about Shazi specifically because it can be a very double-edged bonus, as hatching potentially upwards of 300 eggs without a Niet bonus or a favorable V~Wave is really rough. We've been really fortunate recently with often getting Niet on the same day, but this kind of lucky coincidence will likely become less common as the respective counters get increased. Plus, I think it's fairly common knowledge that some bonuses simply... do a lot more than others (I think the results of that poll where we could vote which bonuses we wanted were a good indication), and this could be a good opportunity to bring them a bit more in line.
Personally I would not be happy with another nerf to bonuses solely because more people are playing; more interactions for less of a result seems more like a punishment than balancing it out. More players needing more people completing the goals to trigger a bonus is an understandable move to balance out how fast they're achieved, which seems to be the reason for the adjustments, not the effects of the bonuses themselves. (Quick edit to add that continuously nerfing bonuses due to more players joining the site could also just end up discouraging people from inviting others to play; if more people means worse bonuses, people won't want more people playing.) With regard to the shazi bonus in particular; it can definitely be difficult to max out when there isn't a niet day, but at the same time, it is extremely helpful when there is one, and while there can be a feeling of wanting to use it to full efficiency, you aren't required to make use of every adoption. I think that there is potentially something to look into regarding Shazi being most efficient when paired with Niet, but I'm not sure lowering its effect, which would only serve to make it less useful on the days people are using it fully, would be the best way to go about it.
grass.png Current Type Race score = 3714 grass.png
Saving for hypermode!
58/600
All art by me.

Pages: 123456··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page