PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 12345678··· 131415

PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
complete.pngb+.png
I do agree with the idea of making a seperate booster for albinos, sounds awesome and an albino hatch goal sounds like a fun goal to work towards
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

If you consider adding 100k to goals then, and reducing the rewards into decimals a "minor tweak" then that's a difference of opinion. Edit for clarification: If adding 100k to a bonus was a minor tweak, why is it considered a significant rebalance now?

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

As a result of this, a significant rebalance is necessary, however doing it all at once would be far too drastic of a measure.
100k (and all of the other increases) are just a first step. Niet said that he'll be gradually adjusting it every month until the balance is reached, so it's likely gonna be more
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I am also considering the idea of adjusting Sei's bonus to also affect Albino Pokémon. This will indirectly double-buff Melanistic Pokémon. However, if I am to do this, the bonus counter would likely also need to count Albino hatches to make sense - in that case the target would jump up accordingly, but the reward should be worth it!.
This sounds like a great idea to me! The relevance of Albino hunting is not just limited to Melan hunters. There are exclusively Albino hunters as well. This change would support more diverse play styles, in addition to allowing players to feel like even more of their accomplishments are contributing.

Shop/Resources

Hoards

Thunder Stones and Cornn Berries
thunderstone.png 1618 of 2,222 thunderstone.png
"Why?" they asked me.
cornnberry.png 16911 of 22,222 cornnberry.png
So I replied, "Why is the greatest question of life, yet I can answer it easily. I simply wanted to."
summon_deo.png 44 of 300 summon_deo.png Buying/Swapping in Shop summon_deo.png
Also Buying/Swapping in shop: summon_xer.png summon_tpg.png summon_yve.png
Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
I know a lot of people are mentioning a separate counter for albinos, but I just wanted to throw in my support for adding it to sei ;u; I seem to be a bit of an outlier there, but an inherent boost to melans on sei days instead of waiting for two bonuses to sync up sounds way better in my opinion!
grass.png Current Type Race score = 4074 grass.png
Saving for hypermode!
178/600
All art by me.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

I know a lot of people are mentioning a separate counter for albinos, but I just wanted to throw in my support for adding it to sei ;u; I seem to be a bit of an outlier there, but an inherent boost to melans on sei days instead of waiting for two bonuses to sync up sounds way better in my opinion!
Yes, my sentiment exactly. I don't vehemently oppose separate counters, since we already wait on other bonus counters to sync up, but in my opinion it would be wayyy less frustrating to sync them up from the get go. Also, if you think about it, doubling the required number of hatches while also providing an inherent Melan boost would be pretty balanced given the scarcity of Albinos compared to Shiny appearances. I don't feel the synced up boost would be overpowered.
JUSTICEBEETLE's Avatarhypermode-12.pngJUSTICEBEETLE
hypermode.pngarceus.pngsss.png
I do think I would rather have them together than have to wait, plus, its not like there is really room for another counter anyway, to be fair, hahaha
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal normal.png TYPE RACE SCORE: 7,183 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
While I understand that it would be frustrating to sync up the sei and albino counters, is that not, like, the point? That melan hunting is hard? I'm torn. I prefer the idea of a seperate counter (though there is no room... so... that's a problem in itself.) because it's fairer- it's something closer to what pokefarm would do. The credits and gold counters aren't one "currency" counter, nor are the Interaction/Experience points one, despite the idea that they could be one and the same. But on the other hand, if there is a separate counter, then that will alienate new players who are very far from the IP needed for an albino radar, let alone charging it. Honestly, I don't want this addition at all. Albinos are supposed to be rarer than shinies, right? Sei can go unchanged for me. (Though I wouldn't complain about getting the boosts, I'd just rather not get them.)
PFP by myself. moi-même. atashi. etc. I was in the Haçienda and this girl said to me, 'Are you New Ordering yet?' like it was some sort of flippin' disease. As if you come down with New Order. -Gillian Gilbert
Methos's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMethos
supermod75.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I strongly favor a combined counter. Even aside from the UI space issues, there was a very good argument made earlier that an Albino-only bonus would be the only one out of the counters that applied conditionally; if you have an Albino Radar, and you have the IP to charge it that particular day. On the other hand, Sei's "Albinos-but-no-Shinies" bonus would then be balanced by the other counter's inevitable "Shinies-but-no-Albinos" bonus, and we're all about the game balance here. 🤔🤔🤔
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
Instead of a combined counter/making Sei for albinos too, why not provide a conditional buff to something else? There is/was a long chain bonus at high rank granted by an item that is conditionally activated--in this case, by rank. Why not do something similar. Maybe not with an item per se, but with something for sake of example, I will use the Albino Radar, since it already has some influence on Albinos. Every day we have the Sei bonus, the power also super charges the item/radar/whatever to provide an additional bonus to albinos, maybe an additional 1-5% depending on the Sei power bonus? Some sort of formula would be needed to be decided on how much is too much (I used a simple 1/5 for the numbers but that may need to be increased/decreased). This still allows the Sei counter to function for Albinos and thus Melans as well, but only for those who need that boost. If you're only shiny hunting or you otherwise cannot/do not use the albino radar that day you can still get full benefit out of the counter without feeling like it's too hard to "sync up"
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
i would just like to point out that nomatter where or to what an albino boost is given it will always be a boost that is conditional to having and using the albino rader. booster added to sei = only good for those who have an albino radar and can use it. is another garenteed boost for melans making them even more common and have less value. everyone makes the counter go up. booster added to new counter = only good for those who have an albino radar and can use it. might give a small melan boost or big depending on how it lines up with other things but isn't as often either. only users who are using their albino radars make it go up. booster added somewhere else = pretty much the same as a new counter would be. over all i love the idea of even more boosters for hunting but i worry that boosting albinos and melan chances too much is going to drop the rarity of both more then is healthy for the ecconemy. this might be a booster that would be better to wait on and see how the site levels out with the new updates we have gotten/are getting. i have already noticed more melan hatches myself and we haven't even had a tr with these new boosts yet. sorry if anything doesn't make sense i am just waking up.
My type racenormal.png791. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 154 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14

Pages: 12345678··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page