PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 131415

Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
booster.pngarceus.pngb+.png
At this point why not try it out combining the shiny and albino counter? I mean if all of it is getting rebalanced anyways I think it'll be the perfect opportunity to slip it in too see how it goes! Also I do want to echo GL, maybe it's time to change the face of the counters if it's been so long? Would be nice to see some fresh new faces up there every once in a while shuffled in! ♡
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Please note: I will not be automating the site goal counter adjustment, it will be done manually. This means that at some point tomorrow, the counter goals will shift. This is your early warning of that happening :)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Tempura778's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTempura778
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Please note: I will not be automating the site goal counter adjustment, it will be done manually. This means that at some point tomorrow, the counter goals will shift. This is your early warning of that happening :)
I assume that if we were to get Suri (using this because it’s the closest to completion) tomorrow before the changes, we’d have to re-obtain the bonus? Or will it be locked in once obtained?
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
summon_mun.png × 46 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
Chances are good it'll be active tomorrow anyway. If not, it might be a little weird, I actually don't know how the Counter will respond to being full but having the goal change! Might be interesting XD
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
Foreshadowing to it catastrophically breaking, maybe?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
No XD It might just not reset to 0 properly so fill twice in a row, but otherwise it'll be fine.
EveRiddle's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEveRiddle
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
I held off responding till I had time to really think about the site wide goals and bonus counters alike. As my first reaction was 'ugh no I like things being done faster' but with thinking it over, I'm more for the adjustments. Simply due to there being more activity at least currently. Doesn't mean we still can't as whole work to max out the fabu friday bar and so on. As for the bonus counters, honestly as activity goes up I don't see us struggling to activate our favourite bonuses cause we will still work towards earning them by the things we already do. So increasing the goals there do make sense, just as much as lowering the goals when it's too high where it's taking too long when activity was lower. As for the idea of combining an Albino boost into Sei's shiny bonus? I think it's worth it, I mean some are able to 'hunt' for albinos long before they can effectively hunt for shinies due to the albino radar costing IP verses credits. Although I can understand where some would be worried about certain variants being too common. I personally can't agree, cause a Boost no matter the form is still just a Boost, it is not a guarantee. So I think it will be a good thing to have both Albino and Shiny boosted on Sei's bonus, people will still have good/bad luck so it will be fine. I have had poor luck just the same as good luck, and that is also during TR where the Albinos are boosted there.
  • Shop
  • Other sites
  • Forum Info
Drew the avatar myself, for my use. She is a kitty girl I drew in paint for fun of it. Avatar in my about me currently is also drawn by me, she's a harpy but not colored in. Current Type Race score: 2415
I have a shop now ^^. Need to work out some sort of banner/button.
Flight Raising, same username don't mind being poked there but not active on that site as much anymore.
I still get anxious on forums, but trying to work on that. Notr: This pfq tabs I'm using can be found in this guide
I will make this thing pretty at some point
Okay, the adjustments are live. Minor change: the Type Race Team Goal no longer gives an intact Z-Crystal when 7 goals are reached, it instead gives up to 14 Z-Fragments. They can be merged freely on the Albino Hunting page so it's functionally the same, just easier to program lol
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I am also considering the idea of adjusting Sei's bonus to also affect Albino Pokémon. This will indirectly double-buff Melanistic Pokémon. However, if I am to do this, the bonus counter would likely also need to count Albino hatches to make sense - in that case the target would jump up accordingly, but the reward should be worth it!
Honestly, I've low key had a conspiracy theory for a while that there's a secret unseen counter that boosts albino odds anyway, it just takes like twenty-four days to fill up. So this would just be codifying what I've already been suspecting XD I'm not fussed as to whether it should be a separate counter or tied into Sei. I can see the appeal of either approach.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Alienea's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAlienea
hypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
would you mind telling us how often you feel like the bonuses should activate, Niet? I enjoy playing the most on days where one or more counters are active, and the initial change did, after the adjustment, seem to make that happen more often! but it seems like the new changes will desync them even more, and make them much less common, especially Ravyne. I'm also confused about the wording of saying we "rose to the challenge" with the bonus increases. That phrasing makes me think of positive things, or some kind of reward, not making something an even bigger grind. That feels like a punishment, and I don't understand why.

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page