PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Site-wide Goal Adjustments >

Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Overall, I have a question. Why are most site-wide counters based on a static number? Many of these counters are based on the entire site's activity level, which flucuates depending on many factors. Would it be possible to do some math to auto-set the counters goals?
Possible, yes, but at that point I might as well just have a fixed calendar like "Niet activates every 6 days, Garthic every 5 days..." and so on. I can absolutely do that if people want, but I feel like the community aspect of working towards these goals is more valuable - especially when it comes to ones like Sei where it relies on people playing the game normally to activate the bonus, rather than just waiting, for example, 13 days.
I... think you may have misunderstood my point. This would just be using the statistics ofinteractions over certian amount of time to adjust the bonus counters goals. It wouldn't guarentee any goals. You could even push it so that it only does this calculation once every three months. Plus, isn't the point of re-balancing the bonus counters to make them occur only as often as is healthy for the game, almost like... a fixed calendar...? I'm not trying to be hostile btw! I just am not following your train of thought or reasoning at all xD
Edit: Just wanted to let you know I missed this post of yours while typing mine and am not trying to push the issue if you don't want to worry about that now! I'm glad that it's a seed planted :P

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Selocon's calculations are remarkably close to correct given the rough numbers and method used! And yes, ideally I want these to be bonuses, not facts of the game. Like if we had Niet bonus active every like two or three days, it's not special any more. I can certainly look into dynamic adjusting of the goals, based on the average completion time for the last X number of activations (if I did it just based on the most recent activation, it'd be subject to wild swings of variance, averages smooth that out). But that'll be a Future Update if it happens. For now just know that it is possible, and I kinda like the idea, but won't be going further with it for now.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page