PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[POLL] Shelter + Black Flute adjustment proposal

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 12131415

scavengers's Avatarscavengers

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I have a genuine question: if the technical explanation was insufficient to help people to understand, how could I possibly make a TL;DR that even comes close to explaining what is needed? Furthermore, I did include a TL;DR in the post, it doesn't seem to have helped at all. I feel like I'm being asked both for more detail and less detail at the same time. Can I just go back to doing my job, making updates for the benefit of the game without facing the Spanish Inquisition every time? /lh
i totally get your frustration! however, just from skimming through the main post again, its a little difficult to tell where the tl;dr starts, and its a little wordy itself ): maybe it couldve used a [hr] or even just a bolded tldr to show the simpler eplanation! i'll give it a crack myself from my own understanding, and others might wanna add on as they see fit! 'The shelter is divided into parts, each part has a relatively equal section of the whole of all eggs and mon in the shelter, and the parts are shuffled every 15 minutes. Every time you refresh, a different part is selected, so you won't be 'stuck' in a part with no eggs until a shelter reshuffle. This means you won't be stuck with the oldest egg from the WHOLE shelter until it hatches/adopted, but instead the oldest egg from that part, allowing for a higher chance of getting your own egg.' edit: i am stupid and got my words wrong LOLLL sawry
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
@Niet I had asked for a shorter and more understandable version as massive paragraphs talking about something I can hardly understand hurts to read. /gen The tldr didn't exactly help as I still don't fully understand what was being said in the first place aside from "black flute shelter change". (Apologies if I come off as rude in any way, I am a bit dense at times-)
  • About
  • Links
  • Credits
Mango/Llionare | 17 | He/They/Joltik | Artist who thinks of train men 24/7

Field clicks appreciated! | Current hunt: Sneaslets!
Journal |Pms/trades:✔|Trade shop
Music recommendation:Rising Kingdom by Captainsparklez/TryHardNinja
Name: Kudari <3 Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Pfp by King-Psycholyze (Free to use.)
Bug clan button made by Iona.
Electric clan button made by MochaFox.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
>make thread asking for feedback >look inside >feedback /joke
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official

QUOTE originally posted by SubwayBoss Emmet

@Niet I had asked for a shorter and more understandable version as massive paragraphs talking about something I can hardly understand hurts to read. /gen The tldr didn't exactly help as I still don't fully understand what was being said in the first place aside from "black flute shelter change". (Apologies if I come off as rude in any way, I am a bit dense at times-)
^Basically what we were also getting at too, @Niet. And quite similar reasoning. Our eyes are not only bad, but long paragraphs are hard for us to understand since we tend to get lost in the words both due to bad vision AND bad attention span. Like, both are really bad. We, personally, were mostly just asking for a really simplified comparison between how it works now and how it will change if this goes through, since the long paragraphs aren't a thing we can do. Also, don't mean for this to sound rude at all as we can sound blunt at times, but the tl:dr was not very clearly labeled. At least, it wasn't to us. Was it the part where you asked if this was acceptable and gave the two points of change? Because that didn't clear up too much for us personally either. We're just looking for a simple comparison of how things are going to change between how they work now so we know what's happening.
  • Info
  • Hunting
  • Type Race
We're a plural system by the collective name of The Unified Programs or just Unity! I, Champion Spectra of the Draquaria region, and Champiom Maroon are the most common fronters here on PFQ! We try to remember to sign posts with the initials of the one who posted, but we tend to forget. The most common signatures you'd see would be CS, CM, and SK, though! We use plural prounouns to refer to ourselves collectively, not multiple people on the same account. We like to collect Serious, Lonely, and Quiet natures!
NO CURRENT HUNT Buying Death Wings at market price for future Yveltal hunt!
× 3 / 600
CURRENT TEAM NEXT TEAM SCORE 248 For our full line-up and participation status, check our about me!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I suppose my "complaint," if you can even call it that, is that at least some people saw my paragraphs and misunderstood in a way that involves almost "making up" things I didn't say. Then, instead of asking questions to seek clarification, voted first and then realised their mistake after. It's almost like Brexit, when the day after the vote is when people started Googling "what is the EU?" It really doesn't hurt to ask questions first, it could even help. That being said the points made are valid, and I'll see what I can do next time.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Out of curiosity, I went back through the thread, and there were several people "asking questions" or at the very least expressing that they were unsure about how the change would work and whether it would be a same-partition-every-15-minutes case or not.

QUOTE originally posted by himi

Firstly, I can't tell if you switch through partitions upon use of the black flute, or if youre stuck in your partition. If you can shuffle through, it should not be too hard to find an egg. However, if you are constantly stuck in your own partition, you would get maybe a quarter of the eggs you dropped, if I'm understanding right.

QUOTE originally posted by SakuraWolf23

If I'm understanding this correctly, then as a PKRS Hunter, I'm not keen on it. The Partition refreshes every 15 minutes. If I'm hunting something like Eevee, Scatterbug, or Magikarp, I don't see a problem. Because it is unlikely for me to run out of eggs in my Partition during that time, even on a Niet day when I'm hatching 60+ per Pokerus. However, if the Partition refreshes every 15 minutes, and I'm hunting, as you offered, a Hisuian Voltorb, then after only a few parties, I'm going to be out of eggs. Since it won't refresh until the end of my PKRS, I'm looking at 10+ minutes of being unable to hatch anything. Interacting more to create more eggs wouldn't help much in the cases where only I and/or a few others are breeding.

QUOTE originally posted by MissMilotic

If I am chaining Charmander and I go to the shelter for eggs, there is a chance the shelter will pick a selection that has no Charmander eggs. If this is the case, it won't matter how many times I refresh with the flute - I won't get a Charmander egg until 15 minutes have passed and the Shelter picks a new selection. So, I could sit there and refresh 600 times but find no Charmander (my fingers ache just thinking about that.) Again, that is if I've understood it correctly, and if I have, that is severly damepning to the shiny hunters who just want to get the specials. I spend so much of my time on here every day and sometimes get frustrated when it takes 15 clicks to find a Charmander egg. I couldn't imagine having the patience to do it hundreds of times and I think it would really kill my want to play at all, just because I could be doing better things than staring at the shelter page. And imagine if the shelter made multiple selections in a row that didn't have any of the eggs we were hunting... that would be absolute torture.

I suppose my "complaint," if you can even call it that, is that at least some people saw my paragraphs and misunderstood in a way that involves almost "making up" things I didn't say. Then, instead of asking questions to seek clarification, voted first and then realised their mistake after. It's almost like Brexit, when the day after the vote is when people started Googling "what is the EU?" It really doesn't hurt to ask questions first, it could even help. That being said the points made are valid, and I'll see what I can do next time.
I didn't ask questions because I thought I understood! I'm usually fine deciphering your more technical posts. I'm usually fine with reading and English in general, I've never had an english test, project or essay marked less than 90% with a good majority getting 100% Basically I have no issue with reading/comprehending English, walls of text, technical lingo, attention span, etc. And I still managed to misunderstand how the partitions are being picked each reload. I do hope you'll post a new poll so we can change our vote, as the misconception seems to have influenced a lot of voters.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Rainquail's AvatarRainquail

QUOTE originally posted by Wireless Mouse

I didn't ask questions because I thought I understood! I'm usually fine deciphering your more technical posts. I'm usually fine with reading and English in general, I've never had an english test, project or essay marked less than 90% with a good majority getting 100% Basically I have no issue with reading/comprehending English, walls of text, technical lingo, attention span, etc. And I still managed to misunderstand how the partitions are being picked each reload. I do hope you'll post a new poll so we can change our vote, as the misconception seems to have influenced a lot of voters.
I'm not scared to ask questions. I thought I understood, so I didn't. It is why I expressed opinions as strongly as I did. Furthermore, it feels counterproductive on staffs part to complain about the feedback they receive because we're not on the same level of understand ing as they are on. You asked an incredibly vague question, gave the wrong kind of information in the wrong degrees that was needed, we answered, and you're mad at our first assumptions when many people are asking questions but no one on the team is answering questions. I think questions like this need to be filtered through several of staff before posting, while keeping in mind the username isn't entirely made up of adults well versed in technical details and with English as a language they understand fluently. They deserve to not be spoken down to for not understanding. It's on me as someone who fits all those categories for not understanding, and for not reading it more than 3 or so times. Look, I do appreciate staff, and especially Niet and what they do, but sometimes we have to address the negative. And the responses to genuine interest and questions is disheartening. Sorry Wireless, this isn't a rant at you, but your comment is what sparked this entire statement. I'll probably stay out of the conversation after this, I normally don't ever say anything in the threads of these discussions but as we can tell..... I have quite a few feelings this time around.
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

I have a genuine question: if the technical explanation was insufficient to help people to understand, how could I possibly make a TL;DR that even comes close to explaining what is needed? Furthermore, I did include a TL;DR in the post, it doesn't seem to have helped at all. I feel like I'm being asked both for more detail and less detail at the same time. Can I just go back to doing my job, making updates for the benefit of the game without facing the Spanish Inquisition every time? /lh
LOL i wish we could leave you alone to go back to coding! PR is its own beast thats impossible to tackle correctly, its so frustratingly difficult. As for constructive criticism: A huge part of it is formatting. Break large paragraphs up, use headers, and keep sentences down to 20 words max. Another part is the type of technical jargon used. Once you've written your post, run it by someone who doesnt understand code on staff and see if they can understand it. if not, ask why and adjust from there.

It was a little bit hard to follow the first post, and i ended up "making up" stuff just because i combined two different topics together since they were in the same paragraph. I can see where the confusion comes from. In terms of encouraging people to ask questions... That one's a bit rough for players who have been around for a while. I definitely didn't ask questions that I had because I am not used to you responding to them in a helpful way, if at all. Because of this, I voted right away and just assumed that there would be minimal staff follow up to the conversation in the thread. That's on me for making assumptions. You've been very active and constructive in this thread and I feel bad for making said assumption.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I'm not sure if this question I have is being worded clearly enough but here goes: Regarding the order of clicking the black flute button: Is it selecting the box for the Shelter first? Or the chained egg first? If it picks the box first, why is same chain egg showing every time? If it selects the chained egg first, then populating the box, chain hunters don't care what other eggs are there, so can the order be switched to make it less likely to grab that first egg and instead if an egg isn't in the box, whatever egg it then finds first?
This might solve the problem with the same egg being found constantly without much different coding going on? Although in my mind, the way this works actually makes me not want the change because of how likely it is of selecting boxes with other people's eggs more often and RNG adding to it failing the 50% as it is. More checking of eggs OT will be required than the current method which picks based on release time. I think I just convinced myself to vote no. Still haven't voted yet though :D
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 10626
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,359,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,890,512
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature

Pages: 123··· 12131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page