PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[POLL] Shelter + Black Flute adjustment proposal

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 131415

Seahorse Naty's AvatarSeahorse Naty
champion.pnge.png
no for me. I don't want to waste resources on an item that might not work as described. I don't pay to play, and I'm pretty casual, so may;e im not the right girl to answer.
Name: Bubble Cat Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage Destiny Knot Victini by greenookie
Fevix's AvatarFevix
ace.png
you could fall back to the old logic. If there's no egg of the proper type in the current partition, THEN search the whole shelter
My characters in Pokepark <-- Please look!~
Zurnona's Avatarhypermode-12.pngZurnona
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
A year ago I actually wanted to make a thread in regards to the idea of changing the way to adopt eggs from the shelter a bit specifically for nature/IV hunters as it is annoying to check for which one is from your daycare each time. Ideas I had in that regard is maybe to black list an egg so that you can no longer find that specific egg. It doesnt change that you would need to check manualy each but that way you wouldnt get the same egg again (Ik hide is a thing, but with blacklist i mean that it no longer can appear uppon reloading the shelter and searching again) Maybe with that an slight UI (?) change where you do see uppon clicking on the egg from whos daycare it originates. (It is planned but just adding it to what I wanted to do as an idea a year ago) Another one, which sadly would be "Pay 2 win" is an advanced black flute that tries to focus on your eggs more but that sounds actually slightly awkward to implement. Although all in all I would very much welcome the change as it is sometimes a chore to clean out the random eggs from other people to get to your eggs especially if its a pokemon that is commonly bread (Eevee costs so much GP to IV breed because of this...)
RoyaLotad's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRoyaLotad
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
This is hard, because I personally don't care much for finding my own eggs but I understand it would be a massive help to nature hunters, or in daycare tournaments. Speaking entirely from my own personal, fully biased viewpoint, I would get little benefit from this and the times in which the shelter has run out of my chained egg begins happening a lot more - which is annoying as is. With that said I can't say that it's straight up a bad idea because I'm just not the kind of person it would help. I am very torn.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 7100
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
HootisPootis's AvatarHootisPootis
grandmaster.pngd.png
no thank u 🖐️😔
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 85 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicGrass
Happiness 0%
Hardy nature
Mirzam's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMirzam
helpinghand.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

So, from what I'm understanding. If there's 75 "boxes", and eggs get evenly distributed between boxes, then even if you click enough to make 150 eggs, there'll still only be two eggs in every box? From what I'm understanding, this would be absolutely tragic for anyone who's hunting a rarely-hunted mon, meaning that even nature hunters would have to deal with what I imagine would be highly reduced rates, and I feel like that would offset any "benefit" it could possibly have to them or to any other shiny hunters in the playerbase. Would it be possible to have the shelter default to "newest egg of X pokemon" instead, so players can hopefully find their own eggs easier for nature/iv hunting or tournament breeding? Or would this be too game-breaking?
I don't love the newest egg idea. It would be nice when looking for your own eggs I guess, but I kind of like that I'm grabbing the oldest egg before it expires sometimes, so the newer ones are still there for my next party. (And yeah I think it might make DCP dodging "too easy" tbh?) If it can be done like Fevix says, where if no egg is found in the partition it instead goes for the old logic of first (oldest) egg, that would be great I think?
Rainquail's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRainquail
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
This honestly just seems pointlessly complicated. Who cares if it's your egg or someone else's, it's a SHINY hunt. In particular I am unhappy with the idea that an item that I've had to work for might be completely useless at times just to cater to a super small number of players that are trying to work around a system that exists for a reason. I don't even care that this would help with specific Tournaments. They're so few and far between that it's far from worth it.
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I am not one of those who's overly fussed about having a special hatch from one of my eggs, so - while my gut says that the cons would outweigh the pros if I did care about that sort of thing - I don't really have enough skin in the game to properly vote in either direction. Will be interesting to see what the general public's stance ends up being on this.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
ETV331's Avatarhypermode-12.pngETV331
hypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
If I'm understanding all of this correctly (still on post-surgery brain), it would mean that if I'm the only one releasing an egg species to the shelter it would distribute the eggs evenly among all of the partitions with this change. I would not find this helpful in this situation, since it would have made my Cryogonal hunt painfully slow since I was the only one breeding them outside of TR. I'd prefer to have my eggs appear by the current method of grabbing them from anywhere rather than the eggs being evenly distributed among all of the partitions.
v-ground.png TR Score: 5094 Need a mass clicklist for your Type Race? Check out my journal! Badge by me! (link here!) PFP by Silver Raven.
dinogolfer's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdinogolfer
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
Would it be at all possible to have the curret way work as a 'fallback' option? So, initially have it run the new way, but if the algorithm fails to find any of that kind of egg in the partition, fallback and return whatever the first one in the whole shelter would be? It'd add a bit more time, yes, but like you said the current way is typically very fast, since it just returns the first one no matter what. I think this would keep the upside and mitigate the downside for the most part. Assuming it'd be a possible change, that is. I know a lot of people care about finding their own eggs, even if I don't, and it would also help during tournaments where it's a bit frustrating sometimes having to find my own. So I think finding a solution would certainly be appreciated by many, but I think having the flute not work sometimes would harm more than help. So, unless what I suggested is possible, I'd say keep it how it is.
  • Collecting Summons!
  • Feed Me Plz <3
  • Feed me too!
  • Trophies&Credits!
Buying summon_mel.pngMusic Boxessummon_mel.png for 35ZC each.
summon_mel.png395/5005.png
Buying summon_dce.pngDiamond Tiarassummon_dce.png for 20ZC each.
summon_dce.png171/500h.png
Will also pay in other currencies!
Lv. 100 — +644,212
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicGrass
Happiness 27%
Bashful nature
Lv. 100 — +302,600
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassFighting
Happiness MAX
Timid nature
Pfp is the official King Dedede (pink variant) render from Smash Ultimate.
breakneck blitz sept '23 win | made by @BlueBlissey
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
'Team Dragon December 2023. Pixel by Zerxus'
Made by Cometily

Pages: 1234··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page