PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[POLL] Shelter + Black Flute adjustment proposal

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 131415

MissMilotic's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMissMilotic
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
I vote against it. While I understand the greatness of wanting eggs you've bred, that's why Daycare Passes exist. The shelter is not meant necessarily for finding eggs bred by ourselves. It's nice to get specials from my own eggs, but if I'm that desperate, I'm going to get Daycare Passes. I don't think we should risk making the Black Flute obsolete, purely because Daycare Passes already exist. And even though I can say that "easily" because I put quite a bit of real money on every week/every other week, PFQ can absolutely be played F2P, so Daycare Passes are obtainable either way. It's not worth breaking the flute.
  • Shop
  • Type Race
Summons, S/A/Ds, Z-Crystals, BPs, +much more!
Was previously known as Slilexa but I changed my name! My Type Race Score is 0
Credits
BBCode/CSS: Firefly (ALeafOnTheWind) Graphics: Fay (Fallure) Commissioner: Slilexa For use by the commissioner only
ProfJamie20's AvatarProfJamie20
arceus.pngd.png
I can't really comment of whether or not the flute change is a good idea since it doesn't fully apply to me, BUT I can say that the main thing I would like to see is an option where you can see more info on the egg (such as who bred it) WITHOUT needing to open the individual page. That would help a lot I feel!
himi's Avatarhypermode-12.pnghimi
I am for this adjustment! This is in my opinion, a win for nature hunters, and I am one so perhaps I am biased haha ;;"! However, I feel like this is a bit of a money saver for those who both use DCP and Shelter. If I'm clicking to make the eggs, I should at least be able to find my own! Anyway, I spoke a bit in the discord but here's my take on this. Firstly, I can't tell if you switch through partitions upon use of the black flute, or if youre stuck in your partition. If you can shuffle through, it should not be too hard to find an egg. However, if you are constantly stuck in your own partition, you would get maybe a quarter of the eggs you dropped, if I'm understanding right. But disregarding that for the moment, here are my thoughts. -Niet uses an example of 100 eggs. If you are hunting something relatively obscure as example states, and are only dropping 100 eggs, it would be relatively hard to find them as is without this change. -That being said, this is easily made up for by dropping the eggs you've stored after you go to bed, and since you are hunting something "obscure", they should all still be there. In theory: Clicking to hatch those eggs should, in theory, give you small batches of eggs to drop while you're working on those. Finish your daycare, drop the eggs you got clicking to hatch those eggs. Drop the eggs in piles of 25 or so every so often as you get them from clicking your shelter. After a few rounds, stockpile them til the end of the night, drop the night of, or in the morning if you'd like to be sure you get *all* your eggs. But, keep in mind there is a 15 minute delay from releasing your eggs to the shelter to them actually showing. -Realistically, the major downside to this is "more reloads". For most nature hunters hunting a fairly popular mon, this already has to be done anyways. -As stated, the shelter is still not meant to be an entire pass to getting all your eggs easy. The daycare is available and should be utilized, if you're planning to hunt something that obscure but cannot drop the eggs to contribute what is lost to shelter. This is not to say "if you can't drop 400 eggs a day don't do it", it's more to say if you cannot make up for what you lose to other partitions, it may be better to utilize daycare passes. -This is more a personal note. I'm not sure about others, but as is I typically do not have many problems finding my own eggs. Perhaps I have also hunted obscure mons or just gotten lucky, but as it is I have never had to "struggle" to find my own eggs after a long enough chain. I may or may not edit or respond with more as time goes on, not too sure yet. These are just some quick thoughts on the idea, but I am in support!
I need to work on this qwq
Stay hydrated's AvatarStay hydrated
master.pnge+.png
I voted no. I remember needing to reset Over 100 times for a pumpkaboo egg once with black flute and a shiny chain. This change would make find obscure eggs much harder to find than before. Getting more eggs from your daycare is nice, but this change would make obscure eggs to hard to find.
Stay hydrated!
SakuraWolf23's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSakuraWolf23
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
If I'm understanding this correctly, then as a PKRS Hunter, I'm not keen on it. The Partition refreshes every 15 minutes. If I'm hunting something like Eevee, Scatterbug, or Magikarp, I don't see a problem. Because it is unlikely for me to run out of eggs in my Partition during that time, even on a Niet day when I'm hatching 60+ per Pokerus. However, if the Partition refreshes every 15 minutes, and I'm hunting, as you offered, a Hisuian Voltorb, then after only a few parties, I'm going to be out of eggs. Since it won't refresh until the end of my PKRS, I'm looking at 10+ minutes of being unable to hatch anything. Interacting more to create more eggs wouldn't help much in the cases where only I and/or a few others are breeding. This is a very nice idea to ensure I get my Eggs, which I would prefer to be Spicy. The concept of retrieving our own eggs more often is something IV and Nature Hunters would want. But personally, to me, as is, this isn't worth the annoyance of running out of eggs during PKRS. Especially on Shelter days, when it would essentially wind up a waste of eggs. I could accept it for a week at a time during the "Hatch Eggs Bred By You" Tourney, but you've already said you'd rather it not be a workaround for the Daycare Passes. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to seeing what updates you have planned to put on the pop-up box.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
Mirzam's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMirzam
helpinghand.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by himi

- Niet uses an example of 100 eggs. If you are hunting something relatively obscure as example states, and are only dropping 100 eggs, it would be relatively hard to find them as is without this change.
I don't believe that's accurate. Once your chain is long enough, as long as you're breeding more eggs than you take, even if that's only like 20 a day, your odds of finding a chain match is pretty good because of how the chain bonus works. I've hunted unpopular Pokemon like this before, and had no trouble. Even with a 99% pair and the gigaremo, 100 eggs is 3200 clicks... modern CSS etc can make that go fast, but it's not nothing for casual players, who may not even have the gigaremo anyway. (Without it, that's 6400 clicks, more than half the MCW goal) I've literally bought eggs from the supplier before to get to the length needed for the shelter boost, because I didn't want to mass click at the time.
BlitzyDragon's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBlitzyDragon
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
There are maybe... Three people in the whole site hunting furfrou rn and I really don't have a preference on who's eggs I get as long as there's an available supply. All I can think those looking for their own specific eggs would be those breeding for perfect IVs or specific natures, which could be fixed just by the more info update you mentioned at the end that says "released by xxxxx" or "bred by xxxxx" when adopting the egg to save them time. Perhaps adding third reshuffle flute that changes your active shelter box might be another solution specifically to help those hunting for their own eggs? It's a hypothetical but imo it's better than the current proposed change when it comes to considering the wider player base. I feel the update is too focused on a semi niche group of players instead of the majority of people who shiny hunt.
  • Dogs
  • More Dogs
  • TR
  • Hunt
  • Credits
ice.png:0
Currently hunting: Cryogonal baybeeee Long term Main hunt: x10 Melan Furfrou
All profile art is by me, DM me if you'd like a commission
abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
I'm hesitant to support cause I often seem to be the only one hunting an egg and on most days, I'm just adding enough to get my full adopts, so I am worried about that drawback. I would love to see the randomness added though. I don't know if it's possible, but are you able to do some tests to see on average what the chance of failing is with around 100 eggs? Cause if it's only happening like 1% of the time I don't think that'd be a big problem. Also, this is something that is checked every time you refresh the shelter, right? So it would just lower your chances every refresh (so it'd be effectively a 45% chance of boosted egg if the fail rate is 10%) rather than you not being able to find boosted eggs until the shelter reshuffles every 15, right? Cause if that's the case I don't think that the drawback would be too bad given that the fail rate is something under around 25% (which I doubt it'd be anywhere near that high based on how it sounds like it'd work)
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

So, from what I'm understanding. If there's 75 "boxes", and eggs get evenly distributed between boxes, then even if you click enough to make 150 eggs, there'll still only be two eggs in every box? From what I'm understanding, this would be absolutely tragic for anyone who's hunting a rarely-hunted mon, meaning that even nature hunters would have to deal with what I imagine would be highly reduced rates, and I feel like that would offset any "benefit" it could possibly have to them or to any other shiny hunters in the playerbase. Would it be possible to have the shelter default to "newest egg of X pokemon" instead, so players can hopefully find their own eggs easier for nature/iv hunting or tournament breeding? Or would this be too game-breaking?
I don't love the newest egg idea. It would be nice when looking for your own eggs I guess, but I kind of like that I'm grabbing the oldest egg before it expires sometimes, so the newer ones are still there for my next party. (And yeah I think it might make DCP dodging "too easy" tbh?) If it can be done like Fevix says, where if no egg is found in the partition it instead goes for the old logic of first (oldest) egg, that would be great I think?
From what I gather from Niet's statement in the original post, just even having the possibility of getting your own egg back from the shelter was originally seen as "DCP dodging". And I think there's still value in DCP for exclusive and variant hunts, given their low chances of making it to the shelter, and even for normal Pokemon for players who want to hatch more than their shelter pass allows. But as I mentioned in my original post, maybe this would be too game-breaking. It was just an idea, honestly, and if my idea was just about as game-breaking as the original suggestion would be user-experience-breaking, then I agree that neither idea would make for a healthy game. But now I agree, I think that the idea of "random egg in partition, if no egg in partition, then oldest egg" is a lot better, and hopefully the best of both worlds!
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
MissMilotic's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMissMilotic
The biggest time not finding my own eggs in the shelter is annoying is when there's a tournament for hatching eggs bred through my daycare. But as has been said, this is exactly what Daycare Passes are for. If I want my own eggs so badly, I should resort to passes. If I'm understanding this correctly, it presents like this: Currently, if I'm chaining Charmander and I and User2 both release 200 eggs, when I click the Black Fluteflute_black.png, I have a percentage (based on my chain length) to get a Charmander egg in my shelter. If the egg is bred by User#2, I can either adopt it or refresh with the flute again. If I click the flute again, the egg that pops up will be the same one bred by User2, unless another person has adopted it between my clicks or the timer on it has run out and the Shelter Team hatched it. However, that would change to this: If I am chaining Charmander and I go to the shelter for eggs, there is a chance the shelter will pick a selection that has no Charmander eggs. If this is the case, it won't matter how many times I refresh with the flute - I won't get a Charmander egg until 15 minutes have passed and the Shelter picks a new selection. So, I could sit there and refresh 600 times but find no Charmander (my fingers ache just thinking about that.) Again, that is if I've understood it correctly, and if I have, that is severly damepning to the shiny hunters who just want to get the specials. I spend so much of my time on here every day and sometimes get frustrated when it takes 15 clicks to find a Charmander egg. I couldn't imagine having the patience to do it hundreds of times and I think it would really kill my want to play at all, just because I could be doing better things than staring at the shelter page. And imagine if the shelter made multiple selections in a row that didn't have any of the eggs we were hunting... that would be absolute torture.

Pages: 12345··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page