PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Kalos Recolours

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 3637383940··· 444546

Volcanion looks as if someone redid a paint job of a clay vase or sculpture and I love it :3
Avatar drawn by me, for my personal use only.
Gryh's AvatarGryh
grandmaster.pngd.png
I actually really like this batch! For a lot of the others it's a matter of liking the new position and lines better but the old colors, but for Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion I think all three of them look great! One small thing is, for the Diancie melan, the dark green of the skirt and sleeves kind of blend into the lighter blue-green of the crystals and the black/dark grey of the rock, which makes it hard to parse. I think a color with a bit more contrast would make it look clearer.
Tarountula's AvatarTarountula
arceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by BendyDemon

Nice! I really like how Hoopa looks, now it seems to have a bit more personality.
I love that too Hoopa seems to have a lot more energy
Pfp from Pfq
sammie.qt's Avatarsammie.qt
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I'm loving all the pose variations in the new lines of sprites. It brings back a feeling of life to Pokemon that feels like it's been missing ever since the transition to 3D models. I actually don't mind the green on Diancie's albino and melan, but I understand where everyone's coming from: even with green as my favorite color, I do see how there's been a lot of changes incorporating green. I miss the variety of colors between different species' specials. Though, I will say, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about Hoopa's melan. I'm in LOVE with the Albino palette. One of my favorite things about Hoopa is how it incorporates and twists all these different colors together and it still looks good. The melan being based off the shiny just makes the melan feel like a fossilized Hoopa to me? I love the overall shade chosen for melan Hoopa -- I love a good burgundy -- but I miss the contrast of the hoops being different colors. However, I understand why melan Hoopa is monochromatic, and the palette chosen is just beautiful. I think its face got a little muddied with its Unbound forme as so much of it is that deep dark burgundy; could the face portion above the black nose area be lightened slightly to make it stand out a little more? Aaaanywho, overall, it's a great update! Volcanion's lil boost is just *chefs kiss*
Scoured Delights, my trade shop!
Albino LivingDex 73/1544
Fire Feathers 101/500
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I personally liked purple Diance, but this one's alright. Hoopa unbound looks much better now!
summon_jir.png × 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
IlokiN's AvatarIlokiN
ultra.pnge.png
Normal hoopa looks really good, and I just realised how thick hoopa's horns were orginally lol.
summon_gim.png×71 / 99
8 Hours Behind Server Time, Sleep at 5:00am pfq. Avatar Credit: I made It :) P.S: It is not ditto, just a OC thats similar to ditto.
yule's Avataryule
grandmaster.pngd.png
The spritework is beautiful as always, but must all new A/M recolours be neon green? :(
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by yule

The spritework is beautiful as always, but must all new A/M recolours be neon green? :(
"All... neon-green," huh? Just admit that you don't like a specific one. Broad sweeping statements are not helpful.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Tarountula's AvatarTarountula
arceus.pngb+.png
I really like the melan coloring for the Hoopa it looks like a ghost chocolate chip

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by yule

"All... neon-green," huh? Just admit that you don't like a specific one. Broad sweeping statements are not helpful.
I don't really see the need to be aggressive about it. There has been a trend of albinos and melans ending up green. Yes "all" is an overstatement, but the point was clear enough I don't see the need to be like this about it. They didn't say anything rude to begin with either, they praised the work, but questioned the trend of colors. Yes Hoopa is obviously not green and people have exclusively said nice things about Hoopa's colors. It's a dramatic upgrade! Hoopa was not the target and that was apparent. They didn't say, "I hate that everything is green" or anything, simply posed the same question many of us have asked in why things seem so green-heavy.
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Inferno Overdrive for June:
Score: 0
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt

Pages: 123··· 3637383940··· 444546

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page