PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #12 - Thoughts in which to delve

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Vaporeon26

QUOTE originally posted by Kristoph

My main concern with the game is that, the way it's presented, it seems like a separate "game", so to say, to PFQ. Maybe I'm slow and I don't understand it, but what if I preffer PFNew over PFQ. Would I be able to send my PFQ pokemon to my PFNew account like what happened with PF1 when PFQ appeared? Or what's the plan gonna me?
As far as i know yoy will be able to transfer all your pfq mons once you have it’s dex over on pfnew doesnt have to be shiny albino melan etc in order to tranfer your shiny albino melan mon over it just needs to be the normal mon
That may change. This was the plan when PFNew was more of an upgrade to PFQ, but now that they are entirely different games it may not be quite so easy to ensure compatibility. But that's okay because both games will keep running.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kristoph's AvatarKristoph
Well, I guess all we can do is trust Niet like we always do. Keep up the good work. I wonder which version I'll like the best when it's all done.
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
My one thing about the transfer if it requires the normal dex- 1. With the removal of the shelter, this may not be as viable (I'm not suggesting anything or complaining.) and 2. Maybe if it detects a PFQ mon, it won't add it to the dex?
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
Klaora's AvatarKlaora
I have a few thoughts and a few reservations as well. The idea of a new game does sound really interesting, but it sounds like there are plans to keep the current game running. In truth, I don't really know how viable something like that would be. Both games sound like it would be similar in premise and I worry that it would lead to a split in the player base. Not only that, but that also brings in the logistics of running two games simultaneously. This would require devs to either splitting attention between two projects or to hire more staff. The recent "hiring" of artists were for unpaid volunteer positions only, so I really don't know how the work/resources would be split. I used to be an admin for a petsite once upon a time and in hindsight I realized that working on new projects often meant putting older ones to the side or shelling out more money for other people to maintain it. As for some suggestions as to how a new game may function, may I suggest that interacting with fields behaving similarly to interacting with the party. Perhaps less exp would be gained by the Pokemon as well awarding fewer interaction points -with a futher "debuff" on interaction points when interacting with fully evolved/level 100/etc. Pokemon. Lastly, while I understand that it's frustrating to hear people say "hmm, idk how the balancing issue will work" over and over, the response from the dev team has been a bit....lacking professionalism. Feedback was asked for and feedback is being given. Also, it may be easier to add an edit to the first post to emphasizing that care is being given to balancing issues rather than expecting people to go through several forum pages to find the message. Anywho, those are some of my thoughts and concerns. Best of luck with the project!
Avatar Ⓒ Klaora 2014. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Frogboo's AvatarFrogboo
These changes are huge and so exciting! Change will always scare people no matter what type it is from daily routines to Pokefarm. Change is scary, but good :) New chances to learn more about how an impressive, intricate game like this works! I love how thoughtful it is to keep Pfarm live while Pnew launches. It'll help people transition to the new or stay in the comfy old:) like the Skype to Discord migration. Can't wait to see how this all develops and unfolds as a 5yr Pfarm member-- I truly enjoy and love this game and how it evolves. We truet you Niet 🤍 Good luck!!
current occupation: sleeping
Rosierre's AvatarRosierre
Niet, I think you should do everything your way, according to your ideas. It's known - it's worth knowing the opinion of other people, knowing about their suggestions, etc. In spite of all your feelings and intuition are the most important! You must feel that everything you're doing makes sense to you and you like it. So if you have an interesting interaction idea - make it come true no matter what! :) Same with other things. If you, the person who creates, doesn't feel comfortable with what he creates, no one will feel good, not even the players. People can react differently to news, you have to take every suggestion with distance so as not to experience every criticism. It's natural, after all, we were all used to the current state of affairs. Therefore, for many people such drastic changes may seem bad. Ultimately, we'll all find out in practice. I believe that if you're involved in what you do all the way, the final result will be great ^^ Good luck!
Avatar: Official Tokyo Ghoul Art
Runes's AvatarRunes
I am, admittedly, very excited about PFNew. I've been around on and off for almost a decade (counting PF1), and the reason why I've taken so many long breaks (the last one was three years long, and I came back entirely on a whim) is that PFQ requires such high amounts of activity. It gets really tiring, especially when hunting for specials demands that you hatch a lot of eggs. I started a shiny hunt yesterday and I wasn't able to reach my allotted 24 daycare adoptions, let alone 36 shelter adoptions -- point being, I'm slow. I only have Hypermode right now because I'll be on break from uni this month, I don't know how active I'll be with the semester + my part-time job. Long story short, a more casual site setup sounds like just the thing for someone like me. I also love the idea of a region to go with the Fakemon. We could perhaps expand on the farm lore, with all of them being located in region X -- this region could be made of rolling hills and prairies, an excellent location for farms, etc. Also, while it's true that we do have a lot to do but not all of it is... useful, I do hope the Berry Garden and the Fishing Hut stay around -- they fit the farming theme quite nicely. That being said, I do have reservations, mainly the fact that PFQ and PFNew may not be integrated / exist as separate sites. I'd hope for at least an option to transfer your Pokémon and items, though the user may continue to use both sites if so desired -- as someone who loves the sound of PFNew and would most likely not be able to keep up with two sites at once, it feels a little... pointless to be on PFQ at all if nothing I'm doing can be transferred over or otherwise saved.
Avatar is official Pokémon TCG art.
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
I've been only logging in very, very occasionally for the past few years for a multitude of reasons, but I think the biggest of which was that, yeah, it felt like there wasn't much to do anymore, so this news has me pretty excited! After all, I think Niet put it well when he said that the social aspect is cool, but not technically part of the game. That's just it; I found ways to communicate with PFQ friends, but outside of PFQ, so I kinda just stopped even logging in. But the truth is I miss this game and this community. Based on what I've seen and heard so far, I think PFNew is a huge step in the right direction for everyone, but maybe especially so for people like me that joined the original PokéFarm way back when and are itching for literally any gameplay other than clicking fields for an hour and a half a day. lol Mad props to Niet, you madman! Glad to see you haven't given up on this project, I'm proud of you. :)

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page