PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #12 - Thoughts in which to delve

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I don't know where the misconception that I was removing things came about. Features will still be added to PFNew if they fit the game I'm trying to make!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Gem217's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGem217
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
Hi. I'm relatively new but the main way I hatch my eggs and also gain credits is by going on mass click sprees on fields. If this would no longer be a thing, how would this work? I hope that makes sense. Thanks
Pokemon trainer since '99 u.png
Score: 0
Credit to LycanKai
9.pngsummon_sui.png × 391 / 500
Buying for 20zc
Mîklopop's AvatarMîklopop
master.pngd.png
I really appreciate the less focus on mass clicking, since a lot of the time it's really more of a chore than something fun, and you're 100% right about just mass clicking arceus ranks since I do that every mass click weekend. Removing the individual field clicks seems a bit drastic, but if it gets unlocked after a set number of interactions, I see no reason why it shouldn't be an on/off sorta thing. Just my take, good luck with development Niet :)

Icon Credit

Commissioned from ShinyAmaura q.png
1.png6.pngi.png1.pngmeet cronch monch blanche and y̵̯͊ͅo̴̮̜̜͙̽͗ư̥͆̚r̵̸̘̝̪͓͕̟͆͒̈m̸̨͊ơ̸̜͒͠m̸̻̺̼͋̚͝
doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
grandmaster.pngd+.png
this more relaxed pace sounds so much less stressful than keeping up with things here... and if it's going to be more relaxed, id LOVE for there to be more focus on activities other than clicking too! like bettering contests, maybe digging minigame like in diamond/pearl? or an underground feature? tiny activities too like badge polishing- maybe some kind of pokemon amie-esque feature? and a minigame page or something! i enjoyed eggsweeper this year and i think perhaps we could have minigames all year round, but event ones have different prizes perhaps..? a bit like the 'fairgrounds' on flight rising. (they have puzzles, memory games, bubble pop, mahjong etc
『 icon from mindhack 』
Porrim's Avatarhypermode-12.pngPorrim
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
I don't understand why field clicking would be taken away. If the problem is that people are randomly field clicking 1 person's level 100's then couldn't you make it so that 1. The Lucky Egg only counts towards party clicks, 2. That field clicks don't give you credits or your party exp, or 3. That level 100 pokemon become hidden when you click on the "interact" button (like when you click the spicy berry and click a pokemon, it becomes hidden)? Personally the way that I like to evolve and level my pokemon is to stick them in my fields and mass click them myself when I can. If field clicking is nerfed to only affect the pokemon clicked within the fields I can see that being fine, but removing it altogether will, personally, make the game less fun for me, as I will want to then keep the same party for 80 years until they are ready to evolve. I love the idea that you are still trying to push for party clicks as the main function of the game but I think removing field clicking isn't the way to do it. You're taking away one of the most fundamental features of your game, especially for people like me whose computers can load fields better than 10 parties. The only other thing I would like expanded on is why you would need a cooldown for you *own* party clicks? I can understand wanting people to get out there and click a huge variety of other players, not just ones that can hatch eggs fast and swap out their parties, but why limit what people can do to their own pokemon? I am mostly just confused about this one o:
Memento Mori.
fivefeather's Avatarfivefeather
ultra.png
I don't particularly like the idea of removing field interactions. I think doing so would discourage people from ever looking at someone's fields, which I dislike because I like to collect Pokémon and only so many can fit in the party. If you're dead-set on it, maybe there could be a cap on how many Pokémon in someone's fields you can interact with? Or perhaps you could make it so LVL100 Pokémon can't be interacted with at all, to encourage people to find new/multiple users to mass-click. A Pokémon showcase of sorts might circumvent my personal issue.
S O U P's AvatarS O U P
ultra.png
One thing im curious about, i feel lile eggs will be particularly quick (since its times if no interactions). For me, im working on my dex, as well as im trying to hatch a shiny hunting while I organize my pokemon. If everyone is party clicking, should the timer be useful? I tend to max out my shelter and daycare limits and I cannot really do anything because the timer goes out and either hatch my eggs or leave them be for interactions, yet I still believe people should have their interactions accounted for. (my problem may just be bad managing on my part but its sonething that bothers me)
pfp by the creators of ATLA
I (personally) think removing field interactions would just end up making me (again this is just me, I don’t want to speak for anyone else!) more inactive than I already, currently, am. I feel like if field interactions were gone, it would just make it so that party eggs would take insanely long to hatch. And I get that PFNew is supposed to be more of a casual game so that might be what you’re actually aiming for, but; What would that end up doing to legend hunts where eggs take a long time to hatch? Or what would that do to boosts that only last 24 hours (like the shiny charm)? Obviously I’m looking at this from the PFQ perspective in that I feel like I’d be wasting all my boosts if I couldn’t click fields at all to help my eggs hatch. (Especially legends which already take a long time to hatch without the use of clicking fields or using a Lucky Egg/Super Lucky Egg) Ofc I don’t know if egg hatching/hunting/legend hunting will be easier on PFNew and I also don’t know if certain boosts will still be a thing either, but I hope I at least explained myself well enough, haha-

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
m.pngsummon_mol.png×7/1000summon_mol.pngm.png

Kweeble's AvatarKweeble
ultra.pnge+.png
As someone who has been a member since PF1, and someone who is more of a casual player now due to the heavy amount of mass-clicking I was doing when I WAS extremely active a few years ago contributing to issues with my hands, I like the idea of PFNew requiring less clicking. I love this game- a lot. It's why I keep coming back and why I've been here since PF1 back in 2012, but the amount of effort required from me clicking others is sometimes a massive turnoff and cause of burnout because of the pain it causes me (and before anyone asks, yes, I do use the QoL and CSS Skin codes to help me, but it's not nearly enough). This will be huge for people like me who love this game to death, but struggle in the clicking department due to carpal tunnel, tendonitius, arthritus, etc, assuming I'm understanding this correctly! I do agree with others that removing field clicks is an odd choice. Instead, why not make it work similar to party clicking and just make a button that clicks all mons in a certain field? Porrim's suggestions above also seem like a good solution. The EXP and item idea is great. I don't know if this will help inspire ideas, but I just finished beta testing for another adoptable site called Lorwolf and while it primarily functioned as a breeding game, there were other mini-games known as 'Professions' where you could craft items, fish, farm, hunt, cook, and mine. I won't drabble on about it too long since it's not related at all to PFQ, but the more you sent your wolves to do professions, the more that particular profession would level up. Levelling up basically gave you access to better areas for fishing, better recipes for crafting and cooking, as well as lessoning your chance of burning food in the cooking mini game. Perhaps mini-games and other features in PFNew could work something like this? I think the Fakemon starter idea is fantastic as well! I always did think that PFQ could use a bit more 'lore' to the world, it would be really fascinating, such as who the NPCs really are, why there are pokemon farmers working alongside human farmers (referring to the heavy presence of pokesonas on site, both staff and regular users), what's the Holon Research Tower *really* doing with all those special mons', etc. Mayyybee the pokemon farmer thing is a tad broad, but even just sitting here I'm getting ideas on why some pokemon may be able to converse with humans (such as something special about the region changing some pokemon's appearances and granting special abilities) :0 I think that's about all I have to comment on, if I'm misunderstanding anything please let me know :)
Official Pokemon Shuffle sprite edited by me, stars gif from the Honey Discord
she/they/he | 22 | disco elysium brainrot
kjokjo75's Avatarhypermode-12.pngkjokjo75
hypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
My only question is that since interactions are how credits are gained here, what would the currency system be like? Is it going to be as we complete quests?

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page