PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Feedback on Type Race Rules!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Tøxtriicity

Personally I'm not much of a chatter so I rarely if ever post, Type race is awesome and one of my favourite site events, so I'll start with that. But, it does seem sad if people who hatch melans can't get a congrats beyond an anonymous thumbs up. That's a serious accomplishment and doesn't happen all that much. Shinies and albinos are a dime a dozen in comparison to melans, could we perhaps consider an exclusionary clause to the rule? I don't personally have issue with anything else presented.
While I get where you're coming from with this, it's not really correct. There are users who don't have Hypermode/Uber/Shiny Charms ETC and they rarely get Shinies/Albinos - Just because it's common for some doesn't mean it's common for others...So I think it would be unfair to say "Only for melans" due to the "free to play" users (Even though I use all these buffs, I have had a chain of 700 without a single shiny - so needless to say I don't think it should be "Melans Only" IMHO) Needless to say, if you only want to say "Congrats!" to melan post that's a personal preference, but for sure I think it should be allowed for any special. ______ Gumshoe, I don't really understand the point of people messaging Garthic about it when everyones issues are laid out here and mods could discuss things everyones talking about (When they have the time, of course.) and rules could be adjusted based on community feedback from this thread? It seems like the perfect opportunity to do so in my opinion. Is it just a process that we have to go through Garthic first or something? Is it about organization? Mods a bit too busy to be able to have a full blown discussion like this? A bit lost on this one honestly, whatever the issue is - fine, just how it is I suppose. Just doesn't make much sense to me, personally. Either way, looking forward to the adjustments whatever they may be, hopefully they will bring typerace threads to a better place.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Deermoth's AvatarDeermoth
tbh fully agree with Glacegoss on everything here
Lv. 100 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Impish nature
Type Race Score : 621
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

Gumshoe, I don't really understand the point of people messaging Garthic about it when everyones issues are laid out here and mods could discuss things everyones talking about (When they have the time, of course.) and rules could be adjusted based on community feedback from this thread? It seems like the perfect opportunity to do so in my opinion. Is it just a process that we have to go through Garthic first or something? Is it about organization? Mods a bit too busy to be able to have a full blown discussion like this? A bit lost on this one honestly, whatever the issue is - fine, just how it is I suppose. Just doesn't make much sense to me, personally.
Put simply, I was trying to temper everyone's expectations. I wanted to make it clear that this thread is only for the discussion of these specific proposals for these three specific rules, as that is the reality of the situation. I didn't want users to be under the impression that all Type Race Discussion rules were up for debate, as that is not the case at all; and I apologize for not making myself clear enough. Rule changes are not made lightly. All changes to the rules must be approved by an Admin--Garthic is the admin we most frequently direct communication towards. These three specific rules are under consideration for change only because they had gotten Admin approval beforehand, and even before then have been in discussion among mods for a long time. We had decided to get community feedback to solidify our decision in changing these rules or not, and thus made this thread. Assessing the feedback from this thread, we have updated all three rules with the proposals listed in the first post. You can see the updated rules as they're written here, specifically Rules 3, 4, and 6. Thank you all for your feedback, and I hope you will all enjoy the upcoming Type Race!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page