PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 313233

PikaTwo's AvatarPikaTwo
master.pngd.png
Just a thought here, but I think if you'd rather have a replacement for albino and melan, there is also leucism and vitiligo. Otherwise, I saw the day and night concept which seems to resonate with me. I also think solar and lunar could work in this case.
Banner by BluestarFøx67
Salenea's AvatarSalenea
grandmaster.pngd+.png
For new Albino: fluorescence, fluorescent pokemon (fluorescence: a form of luminescence, one of the uses is the bright tl-lighting and other lighting but can also be colourful under uv-light.) for new Melanistic: phosphorescence, phosphorescent pokemon (phosphorescence, also a form of luminescence, but it's basically glow in the dark)
life is delightful, always new discoveries to be made.
KishanHaru's AvatarKishanHaru
grandmaster.pngb.png
Personally if they ARE to be changed (I like them as is but if there's going to be a change then I might as well throw in my ideas~ ) Astral (albino) and Umbral (melan) Solis and Lumen I'm half asleep I had others and they went poof... I hope I'll think of them again xD
SCA ♪ 🌸 Wiki Help 🌸 SpecialsPM MeMy Shoppe~ Current Hunt: Mudkip
summon_cre.png B> Lunar Wings for 20 ZC ea.
RoBen's AvatarRoBen
ultra.png
Noctis and dies, latin for night and day, would be my suggestion.
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by RoBen

Noctis and dies, latin for night and day, would be my suggestion.
i am not trying to be that one person but the idea of using that word “dies” could confuse users a lot, and children could take it the wrong way… EDIT:

QUOTE originally posted by RiverBlossom

For Melans, I'd like to sugest "Meteoric", based on Meteoric iron, which is a fantasy metal which is, essentially, a dark or black metal that comes from space rocks. It could be shortened to "Meteors" or "Metes".
i worry that this could cause confusion since there is a pokemon named meteor and the nickname for this would make it even more confusing..
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
summon_tle.png × 1 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
Gholdengo's AvatarGholdengo
grandmaster.pnge+.png
i like the enigma suggestion for melanistics, perhaps they could be enigmatic and enigma would be the nickname?
Icon from s4e15 Futurama "The Farnsworth Parabox"
Toxel's Avatarhypermode-12.pngToxel
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
I posted here already but wanted to share more thoughts: (just my opinion of course) I think the new names should be easy to understand words (like "shiny" is) some of these suggestions are obscure words which isn't necessarily bad but imo it doesn't "fit in" with shinies if that makes sense? my favs (of the options now listed in the main post) are still pastel and enigma because i find them simple and effective - I know pastel has issues with them not technically all being "pastel" but like I said earlier shinies aren't really "shiny" either. and although enigma berries exist i feel like people would know from context which one someone was talking about I think it would make sense for the names to stay the same here and be renamed on the new site (if they are going to change) although I wouldn't complain if they were renamed here.. I think it was mentioned that the original names could still be used if people prefer which seems like it would create the most confusion if there were multiple names for the same thing I might be repeating things that have already been said but there are a lot of posts to remember (and sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I'm not the best at explaining things ^^)
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me
MegaSwinub's AvatarMegaSwinub
master.pngd.png
To be honest, I have to agree with the robotic rabbit (AKA Terabbit). The names Albino and Melanistic have become iconic. Several people have taken to nicknames. I've heard Mlems, Albeanos, and more!

All across space and time, everyone shall fear me!

Avatar credit goes to Slugcatt! Whyn't go show their Pokemon some love? 5.pngMy shop!
Pokemon Anime image obtained from Tenor.com
mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png
i feel using sun and moon related names will just cause more problems to be honest… there are pokemon games (Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Sun and Moon) which have the region Alola, and poke farm already has the pokemon in alola, so i think it will make players think all the “albino” pokemon are only and exclusive to alola, still some vibrant colours. and transcendent, yes i’m aware it means surpassing or supreme etc etc though like how people have taken queer to mean in relation of the lgbtq (it had meant strange in the past), a nickname for transcendent would be trans now i’m not trying to make it seem like a bad thing or saying all 12 year olds or something are going to be confused it’s just that saying “Trans Pokemon UFT” and if your making art for pride month and saying “Trans Pokemon art adopts” it could be confused as “melan” bait or in this term, “trans bait” “Selling Trans Bait!” doesn’t look like a good idea… *please note i do support the lgbtq* so i really do not think transcendent would work….
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png
I personally never knew the actual meaning behind albino and melanistic however I still like caling then albinos and melans, that's what we've known then as for a long time. So I say keep them but put it somewhere to explain the misconception. Changing the name might be difficult for some users that's been here longer so they ,ight even stick to the previous names. But whatever happens I'm here so see the new names if we get them
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page