PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 313233

vampirecatboy's Avatarvampirecatboy
master.png
what about caliginous for melanistic pokémon and nimbus or argent for albino pokémon

૮₍ ´ ꒳ `₎ა aloysius ?! he/vam+ ★☆ 21

adhdtistic canadian & #1 psyduck lover
rentry LinkLinkcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon Pokémon the series Signature Pagedoll Pokémon the series
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
grandmaster.pngb+.png
I worry about 'opalescent' and 'obsidian' being confused; I think the two terms should start with different letters.
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
Vachilla404's AvatarVachilla404
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Ah yes, some silly suggestion from me Some "twilight" or "dusk" for melans and some "sunrise" or "dawn" for albinos. ̶A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶e̶r̶v̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶a̶l̶b̶i̶n̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶l̶a̶n̶.̶
smart boi: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ All pokemon sprites by Nintendo. Avatar sprite edit by Champion Spectra.
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
grandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Gengirl

I worry about 'opalescent' and 'obsidian' being confused; I think the two terms should start with different letters.
Maybe Iridescent and Obsidian? Iridescent is like: showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles and has a lighter color/tone esque name! Kinda like a prism!
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
Albino- Lumina Melan- Nox
Artwork in Icon, made by me. Milotic and Dragonair
Junker Queen's AvatarJunker Queen
grandmaster.pngb.png
pastel does sound more accurate but whats the opposite of pastel i think the names should match like maybe Dawn for albinos im looking for Dawns and Twilight for melans im looking for Twilights Dawn is referred to the bright colors of the morning Twilight is referred to the dark colors of night it kinda fits
Kårñstêin's AvatarKårñstêin
arceus.pngb.png
For albinos: prismatic, opalescent, irridescent, and pastel all sound good! For melans: obsidian, Umbra, dusk, Styx, and veil are cool!
Red Soul Dew

Red Soul Dew

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A small orb with a red coloration that manages to emanate playfulness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latias.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +7,960,043
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
"Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. Where do we go from here?"
i personally really like "stygian" as a replacement for melans! it has the implication of rarity (as stygian blue is a color only possible through an optical illusion, though i'm not sure that's the right thing to call it), not to mention that quite a lot of melans are a dark blue color. as for albinos, i like nacreous like PurpleTiger suggested, especially if we're countering it with stygian, since both are a tad obscure-sounding and also just sound real cool (not to mention, nacreous doesn't imply white, and nacre as a material can be a huge variety of colors.)
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these summon_uxi.pngsummon_mes.pngsummon_aze.png
dragon360's Avatardragon360
ace.pnge.png
How about Inky for Melanistics? Ink is black (but not pitch black I'd say) and a lot of Melans are darker tones of colors than their normals. There's also the prefix Melano, which means black or very dark, but not completely black. It still stays with "melan" as well. Crepuscle is a "fancy word for twilight" and Gloam is a verb meaning "to grow darker." Caliginous also means "misty" or "dark" like vampirecatboy said.
Avatar made by FrigidMellohi My first self-hatched shiny, named after Hermione from Harry Potter! Please click her! "It's time to roll the dice." -Mat Cauthon, from the Wheel of Time series (by Robert Jordan)
Mikkü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikkü
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
I personally don't really enjoy the thought of "Pastel" for albinos, because it's just going to cause more misconception and issues as not all the albinos are pastel a lot of them are actually a bit too vibrant to be considered pastel by some people. I don't think it will solve any issues to switch to that name. If we have to change them, I'm really for Opalescent & Obsidian because there are rainbow forms of both so I think it would cover/fix what is being talked about (Misconceptions) I also like Radiant for Albino, but I'd definitely at least want something to match the theme with that for Melan replacement. I'm not really sure it makes sense to change them just because of a misconception, personally, because there's always going to be misconception no matter what you change it to. You could literally change it to "Light" and "Dark" and people would say "this isn't light enough" or "this isn't dark enough" it's just how it is unfortunately. (Also I want to throw out Luma isn't a made up word, it's literally derived from a Latin word meaning "Light" or "Sunset" depending)
------------------- pechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.png -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

Pages: 123456··· 313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page