PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Your Guide to 90%+ Breeding Pairs

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 9899100101102··· 128129130

pheaux's Avatarpheaux
Hello, I went ahead and made a pair chart here that has all the possible partners for monogender pokemon based on matching types and body shape, as well as some other likely partners for the Hatenna line and Alcremie that just don't have any confirmation.
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
LycanKai's AvatarLycanKai
Just a heads up: staff have previously confirmed that a Pokemon's size is also a factor, so some of those probably don't pair at the listed percentage.
♥ In Need of Braves -- List in Journal ♥
Score: 0
Button and score badge made by me. Art/Code can be found in my journal!
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
Could you point me to where exactly this was stated? :)
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy

QUOTE originally posted by pheaux

It is stated in the guide under monogender pairs... "For pokemon that change body shape during evolution this can have an effect on which pokemon they breed better with so if you are unsure, check the body shapes of the pokemon you are trying to pair together. The more similar in body shape and size they are the better they pair." Now it says size is a factor but I don't know that for certain. However in reference to the chart you made (which is a pretty extensive chart, nice work!), did you test all the pairings to see that the max percentages for them were observed? I was under the impression that the ones in the guide that we have for monogender are the highest possible percentages we can get for that pair based on shape, size(?), etc not necessarily all the ones they can breed with.
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
pheaux's Avatarpheaux

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

It is stated in the guide under monogender pairs... "For pokemon that change body shape during evolution this can have an effect on which pokemon they breed better with so if you are unsure, check the body shapes of the pokemon you are trying to pair together. The more similar in body shape and size they are the better they pair." Now it says size is a factor but I don't know that for certain. However in reference to the chart you made (which is a pretty extensive chart, nice work!), did you test all the pairings to see that the max percentages for them were observed? I was under the impression that the ones in the guide that we have for monogender are the highest possible percentages we can get for that pair based on shape, size(?), etc not necessarily all the ones they can breed with.
I was hoping for a quote that was more substantial tbqh. Especially since that's the only line size is mentioned, and pokemons' height and weight isn't even recorded in the pokedex. In the same post as the chart, I said that I added all the possible partner pokemon that matched the single gender pokemon's type and body shape. If there's substantial evidence that a particular pokemon doesn't work, then I'll remove it, and everyone is more than welcome to continue using the chart with the partner pokemon that have only been confirmed; but the current way of only adding pokemon when they get tested means that the options look extremely limited, when the reality is that those are just the ones that have tested + reported and the majority of possible partners haven't been tested yet.
I remember a specific post that directly mentioned garthic confirming that Pokemon size is a factor, but as there's no search in the forums, and Google isn't much better, this is the best I can do for now. Third post down.
pheaux's Avatarpheaux

QUOTE originally posted by LycanKai

I remember a specific post that directly mentioned garthic confirming that Pokemon size is a factor, but as there's no search in the forums, and Google isn't much better, this is the best I can do for now. Third post down.
That example does nothing to prove that size makes a significant difference since it involves differing body shapes (minior and ditto have the same shape so it makes sense that they pair better than ditto + pokemon with different shapes) and isn't even particularly applicable to gendered pokemon. I MIGHT be able to believe that size influences ditto pairings, but I'd need more information than just "it does."
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn

QUOTE originally posted by LycanKai

That example does nothing to prove that size makes a significant difference since it involves differing body shapes (minior and ditto have the same shape so it makes sense that they pair better than ditto + pokemon with different shapes) and isn't even particularly applicable to gendered pokemon. I MIGHT be able to believe that size influences ditto pairings, but I'd need more information than just "it does."
A few of us tried kangaskhan with whismur & loudred, but only got 83%, but got 85% with exploud. The whole whismur line is field/monster.
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy

Long quote

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

I was hoping for a quote that was more substantial tbqh. Especially since that's the only line size is mentioned, and pokemons' height and weight isn't even recorded in the pokedex. In the same post as the chart, I said that I added all the possible partner pokemon that matched the single gender pokemon's type and body shape. If there's substantial evidence that a particular pokemon doesn't work, then I'll remove it, and everyone is more than welcome to continue using the chart with the partner pokemon that have only been confirmed; but the current way of only adding pokemon when they get tested means that the options look extremely limited, when the reality is that those are just the ones that have tested + reported and the majority of possible partners haven't been tested yet.
I'm not discrediting but I was just stating since you had the max percentages for each of the pairings it might be confusing for some. Just because it does breed with said pairing doesn't necessarily mean it is the max percentage to breed is all I was getting at (I think that they tested a bunch of different pairings such as the 'Pokes in your chart but only included the maximum percentage or success while breeding). That's why it's always good to test to make sure they're max percentage. As GnarleyQuinn stated, I think some were tested based on the shapes and weren't getting the max percentage. Also I'm not saying the size is a factor because I don't know for sure, but a mod did quote that it does including a retired (per LycanKai post)... so.... >.<
It wasn't an example, it was a statement. Someone answered a question, stating that a Pokemon's size is a factor in percentages. Suriya almost certainly read that post (they replied to the very next comment), and did not point out that it's wrong. It's also stated in this guide. Also not sure why you're saying it isn't applicable to gendered Pokemon; I have no idea where you're getting that from. You're free to PM a staff member yourself and ask, but claiming that Pokemon will pair with other Pokemon at certain percentages without testing it is only going to waste people's time as they try for a pair that's impossible to get. That's why it's important that there's proof of these percentages before they're added to the guide.

Pages: 123··· 9899100101102··· 128129130

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page