PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 1718192021··· 858687

MoriyaHiroaki's AvatarMoriyaHiroaki
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Can add ingore list for Trainer's shop Niet? We're waiting me.
daft's Avatardaft
ultra.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Someone having a different opinion/stance to you is not rule-breaking unless it's breaking one of our rules.
yeah I mean, that is the point most ppl in the thread have been making. we want a way to not be exposed to people who not necessarily break the rules, just (hopefully) inadvertently step on boundaries. Like I'm personally aware there is no rule breaking, that's why I want that feature. I can't and don't want to report someone just because they have done or said something that bothers me in specific bc of whatever reason, that'd be unfair. blocking is not a punishment.

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

I shouldn't have to explain why blacklists aren't allowed because it's common knowledge.
I understand this for public blacklists, but not for private block lists that are not shared. I honest to God don't see how full blocking would be harmful to the gameplay ngl. even if someone managed to block 100, 150, 200 users; everytime I log in there's abt 400 people just online. there is not a real loss in playability and you gain comfort and safety. players have the same ability to publicly "expose" users now as they'd do with a block feature, adding it wouldn't affect the situation in that sense.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
retiredstaff.pngchampion.pngd.png
I understand I've made it perfectly clear I'm in support of a block list. My response is to what you specifically said in that instance and the post before that. I apologise if that wasn't clear. For now, we're still reading the content and hopefully will come to an answer soon on this matter. It's sadly not something I can just throw into approved without admin approval. That takes time as balances have to be put in place due to how block systems work in an interaction game. We can't punish people for being blocked for reasons that don't break rules, as of such a user who has been blocked can't receive any negative ramifications regarding their gameplay. I hope this makes sense.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Daft

I honest to God don't see how full blocking would be harmful to the gameplay ngl.
It's actually pretty simple how a full block could be harmful. I've seen up to 1000 people online before. Now, something that I've seen quite a few users say they don't like is people buying things to resell. So, using that as an example... Say someone well known for buying gets found out they buy things to resell. Obviously, that's not a reportable offense. So say there's 100 people who are unhappy this person buys to resell, so they all block him to avoid trading with that person. Well, that person now just lost 100 people to click and be clicked by. Even with 900 other users, that's still quite a chunk of users to lose out on. It might not seem like it, but let me give what a big day of clicking can look like for me in my clickback list; Say I click 800 users. Only 400 users click back. That leaves 400 users who I missed out on extra exp from. Now, say out of those 800 there's 900 online. Those extra hundred have me blocked, so not only do I miss out on 100 extra exp from my exp share, I also possibly miss out on an extra 100 people clicking me. And the thing is, blocking can get out of hand if a group of people do it. In large close knit groups, if you upset one person to the point they block you, then you can end up blocked by the rest of the group. It's also harmful to game features. Blocking people so they can't see you at all, see your threads, or do ANY kind of trade at all, screws with Rus, type race, and wonder trading. While I understand everyone has a different reason to block others, someone should NOT lock them out of trying to get rus for 15 minutes, lock them out of a type race team thread if the blocker makes the thread, or slow down wonder trading for them if they're blocked by enough people.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Miraidøn's AvatarMiraidøn
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I support this. However I think it should be called Ignore instead of block. And it would mostly effect forums wherein neither of you could see each other on the forums or send each other pms, or interact in any social way. However I dont think it should stop you from clicking on each others eggs and such. If we're being honest there are people I avoid interacting with on this site but when I'm clicking I'm not paying attention to who I'm clicking so of course I end up clicking a user I would rather not socially interact with. Edit: Someone brought up a good point about Type Race Team threads. I still support an ignore feature. But only one that stops the person from privately interacting with you. Why you would want to block someone is your business and it doesn't always have to be a reportable offense and you don't have to justify why. But it doesn't stop you from clicking each other and them from posting in your threads. You can still trade (unless it's a mutual block). And in the forums you see their post in a hide box that's titled "You Ignore This User". Which gives you the choice if you would like to see their public forum post.
percy
or whiims
/ 26
jan 17th
/ they/them naughty collector / ingo enthusiast
i usually don't make trade threads for selling my specials till i get about 20 or so saved up but don't be afraid to shoot me a pm if you see anything in my uft field you want!
credit
Background from Pokemon Anime Icon by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
Hmmm i think i will bump this as I still have a lot of thoughts stewing around in my head about this.. when my heads more clear im going to try and re suggest this (using the same post i think!) with some better ideas keeping the counterpoints brought up in mind.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
lovey's Avatarlovey
grandmaster.pnge+.png
full support, especially with how the site is at the moment. i can completely understand why one might be upset or cautious because of clickbacks or missed EXP / trading experiences but there is a reason why things like the lucky egg and field s+s clicks exist. i also understand anyone saying that reporting is an option, or 'growing a thicker skin' is an option, however... it is good to remember that kids use pokefarm. telling a younger teen to just 'grow a thicker skin' if theres something that bothers them doesn't really help, both online and in real life. another point with the focus of the younger users is that if a block feature did exist, they (or their guardians) could use it to filter users accordingly. some topics, while child-safe, can get teens in trouble as they may have strict parents. ultimately it would be good to stop conflicts, especially when people ignore DNI's (do not interacts), or for those who have simple disagreements and don't want to cause a fuss about it. i would say it also might be good for those who do a lot of party clicks, as there may be users that folks simply... dont like. and thats okay! you can disike someone even if they didnt break a rule, and ignoring is easy, but it is extremely annoying and time consuming when someone you do dislike constantly comes up when you are party clicking. i am also fully in favor of 'ignore' instead of block, where it might just not show you their profiles in clickbacks/the 'open 10'/forums. while id rather the block, i am absolutely fine with 'ignore'.
A HUGE nerd. currently hunting for an melan shinx! nyehehehehe i really need to actually update this signature u_u
DanielTheCake's AvatarDanielTheCake
superior.png
I give my full support for this idea because some children are cyber bullied by other people and they may be afraid to report the bullying. This would really help with the bullying on pokefarm and if they weren't able to message the person, they couldn't bully them.
Visit my art shop for cheap art! Avatar created by me. banner made by Kingtotodile, an amazing artist!

reposted

70% of the world thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, "Starclan is out for revenge!”
matecocido's Avatarmatecocido
elite.pnge+.png
huge huge huge support. there's a few people I don't really like seeing around. if I could just have an ignore button it would be really helpful. a block button would be ok, but I don't actually find a use of it if it's not a reportable situation.
»» NO PMS PLEASE !! «« * * * *
nanamou's Avatarnanamou
ultra.pngd.png
ENORMOUS SUPPORT! There's a few people who nag me and that I dislike that I'd like to not have anything to do with. I have an idea though- So, let's say you go to a user's page and select "Block User". Then it says: "What would you like to block this user from? Check all that apply:" And then there would be options like PMs, Seeing Posts, Seeing Threads, Sending Interactions, Recieving Interactions, Recieving Trades, Sending Trades, Recieving Nices, Sending Nices, etc. Basically if I selected "PMs", they couldn't send PMs to me and I couldn't send PMs to them. Then there'd be an "All of the Above" option as well, and a "Are you blocking *User* due to a reportable offence?" and if you say yes then it redirects you to the report page. Of course, there'd be the same process for Unblocking as well (What would you like to unblock this user from? Check all that apply: and then having the options that you've blocked them from with check boxes. So if I blocked them from PM's and Sending Interactions, I could select PM's and they'd be unblocked from recieving PM's so I could see PMs they send me). As for hurt feelings, I agree, so maybe there could be a why you're blocking them, and if someone was blocked from PM's by me, it could say something like: "Error! This person has blocked you from sending PM's. Reason: I have a PM policy." Although it would be useful for the person writing why they blocked you to know that the person that you blocked would be seeing that so that they don't say anything hurtful.
nanamou • she/he/they • Pansexual JOURNALPM POLICYART SHOP hello there forums of pfq! i am here to spread the derps and use up pixels on your screen. have a very good day C:
Background is official Genshin Impact art | Icon | Code

Pages: 123··· 1718192021··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page