PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The Trade Forum Cleanup

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Atra's AvatarAtra

QUOTE originally posted by BananaLizard

To be sure, since I have several trades that have been proposed for shiny growlithes (I have enough to sustain all the trades that have been offered), if I PM the user(s) who offered, or if they PM me, confirming they are still interested, the trade would not be considered voided, correct? (obviously I can't hold a gun to their head if they decide they want to back out at the last minute) But assuming they sent me a confirmation PM (from today on), the trade would still be considered active and ready to be set up when trading returns, right?
You are correct, if both parties still agree to the trade, then it is still a deal.

QUOTE originally posted by AsymDoll13

So does this mean that the trades that I want to do are void and stuff? If so, I should go and see if I can get them again, right? I just want to make sure, since I'm trying to study for a final and everything is going over my head at the moment. XD
At the moment, all temporary trades are void; so it is likely some of your trades fall under this. However, if both parties agree that the trade is still fair, it would not be considered voided. To put it simply; reconsidering the trade at this point in time renders the trade "unvoided," as it would be similar to making a new trade. All make sense? :]
Someone's howling, Screams like sighing with battered breath. Grating, growling, Never dying Journal Message Sourcing Roleplaying Information In a fate worse than death.
BananaLizard's AvatarBananaLizard
Thanks for the quick response Atra!
AsymDoll13's AvatarAsymDoll13
That does make a lot of sense. Thanks! And thanks for making it so simple at the moment, Atra. ^^
Type Race: 317 Profile pic by xaandiir from their artshop (click their name for the shop!) Here thar be Dragons
Atra's AvatarAtra

QUOTE originally posted by AsymDoll13

That does make a lot of sense. Thanks! And thanks for making it so simple at the moment, Atra. ^^

QUOTE originally posted by BananaLizard

Thanks for the quick response Atra!
No problemo, amigos! We're here to help! I'm gonna try to compile a FAQ of sorts this evenin' and I'll update the first post as we get more questions!
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I still don't understand. If we're to just reconsider pending trades and then they're unvoided, why not just say reconsider them? Why are they automatically voided? Because of price changes or value changes or whatever? What are those exactly? I just feel very lost and confused here, but as if I'm not getting the point. I'm barely even affected by this, but I mean, it doesn't seem like anything has really changed in value to me except maybe Arceus plates. They seem to be a fair bit more common than pre-recode.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Atra's AvatarAtra

QUOTE originally posted by PadfootTheWolf

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I still don't understand. If we're to just reconsider pending trades and then they're unvoided, why not just say reconsider them? Why are they automatically voided? Because of price changes or value changes or whatever? What are those exactly? I just feel very lost and confused here, but as if I'm not getting the point. I'm barely even affected by this, but I mean, it doesn't seem like anything has really changed in value to me except maybe Arceus plates. They seem to be a fair bit more common than pre-recode.
Because they are voided, technically. You're making the assumptions that it has to do with exclusively pricing, which is not the case; else the deals made in Shops would also be voided, which they are not. They are primarily voided as to make our lives easier; not everyone is going to save their trade information, not everyone is going to be able to communicate with their trade partner after trading has been implemented. This is the easiest solution, and it ensures that people are checking their deals before trading. TLDR; If everything is voided, everything can be purged without issue from the forum.
Addonia's AvatarAddonia

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Shops

Now that those icky temporary threads are out of the way… let’s get on with it! The “one shop rule” has been in place for quite some time, in fact it’s been a rule since the opening of PFQ. The rules are pretty clear about this; one person, one Shop. Some people have been trying to get around this, and that’s no bueno, so we’re going to be keeping a closer eye on this. I’ll state this now; Anyone who is found to have multiple shops will have them erased. No exceptions, ifs, ands, and definitely no butts.
Ok, I don't mean this to sound ignorant or like I just can't read but I just wanted to get some clarification.. (As you know how rumors can spread) Does this above quote also mean users can no longer have or create joint shops with another user either? Even if its the only shop either of them are a part of? I ask because I have heard a rumor in this regard and I know there are some threads like that out there. I had hoped to one day do the same with a friend and just want to know if I should make other plans or not. Sorry if this is considered spam or should be in another thread.
Visit my shop for shiny hunts, breeding pairs, and other services my shop Check it out! Like free stuff? Visit my raffle thread! Have you lost a loved one? Want a S/A to memorialize their memory? Check out my free memorial/remembrance service offered through my journal: here
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
This only applies to shops you create. You can co-own as you won't be the original poster of the other shop.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Addonia's AvatarAddonia

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

This only applies to shops you create. You can co-own as you won't be the original poster of the other shop.
Ok, I appreciate you clearing that up for me. I was hoping I was just misunderstanding. Sorry about that, but thank you.
Riliane's AvatarRiliane
"ALL deals made BEFORE trade implementation that are listed in the temporary Trades section are VOID." Just to double check; this says temporary trades. That would mean trade shops are fine, correct? ...Also, aren't trades not binding until the trading process starts in the first place? People withdraw a lot before trades are set up.
Noah's Ark
For all your breeding needs
Avatar by Aryuma772 used with permission.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page