PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Moderator applications

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 789

Hi there! We are opening moderator applications for a period of one week, meaning that they will close on the 26th at reset (going in to the 27th). APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED Please keep in mind that you are required to be over the age of 18 and you need to have been a part of the site for at least one month. A moderators job on our website is general rule enforcement, staff communication (taking notes as appropriate) and feedback assistance. All in all, "communication", whether with another user or an administrator, sums up the position relatively well. I do just want to note that there is no expectation on a person to be available all the time or anything along those lines, a number of our current staff team have their own jobs and lives to go about and it is not something that we typically even consider. I only mention this as it is something that I have seen notioned previously and it's just something we don't want people to worry about~ c: We look forward to hearing from potential applicants and hope you have a lovely day! <3
furina's Avatarfurina
Are we supposed to be able to reply to this as well?
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Yep - just in case there are questions and the like. It was locked while I was asleep just in case I had happened to forget or something, but I hadn't xD
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Ah, I guess if we're allowed to ask questions... Is it expected of every mod to be able to come to a decision on more grey-area issues/reports? (For example, determining whether something is vaguing/disrespectful to other users, as it is often up to interpretation more than, let's say, double posting) Or would it be alright to be more of a "spotter" and bring attention to questionable behavior even if just by yourself you aren't sure what decision to make? (While still taking care of the more concrete rule-breaking/other duties)
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
The staff are always in contact with one another so if something is uncertain then you merely "@reports" within the staff chat to ping other moderation members of the staff team and have a discussion about it if needed. No one individual person is expected to come up with an answer to a grey-area, in fact I'd discourage that.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Oh, that's good to hear! That makes a lot more sense, actually. Thank you for answering! (I might be back with more questions but that was the biggest one I had, hahA)
ZOMBIEGUTZ's AvatarZOMBIEGUTZ
Little question If we get the moderator rule will we loose it if we arnt online for a long time?
Dark ages
We have had moderators who have been away for some time but this is with proper communication and also a level of earned trust - someone coming in who didn't advise us of their being away for a period of time would potentially have the role removed from them due to the lack of communication on the matter. If it is for an extended period of time then the role would be removed so as to avoid confusion for users.
ZOMBIEGUTZ's AvatarZOMBIEGUTZ
Ok! So as long as we tell you ahead of time it should be ok then!
This is probably a dumb question, but i'm going to ask anyway I noticed that all of the mods/artists on the staff roster have hypermode active, is that something that they bought on their own seperatly, or os it something they were given upon becoming a mod of they didn't already have it? Not trying to seem greedy or anything, i'm just curious

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page