PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Moderator applications

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 789

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
I can happily say that I've successfully landed a job as technical/customer support in a private company by using my PFQ position in my resume, and with very little experience elsewhere before this. The contact person is indeed Garthic, as one of the heads of the company (and being staff manager, of course, he'll be able to vouch for your person). ...No joke by the way, I relied on my experience here to get through the interview. Most anxious time of my life. x_x
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Just curious, are you picking a certain number of applicants? (Like 1 or 2), or are you just looking for promising people for the team in general?
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
I know I feel like I'm stepping on toes, lol. I remember last time they took on a good chunk of people and it sounds like staff may be stretched a little thin according to the post Constantine made in the PFQ Mentor clan thread. So I think we can look forward to at least several people.
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
The number of applicants to be chosen isn't set in stone so I can't really answer that question with a specific number, though I can tell you that if we wind up taking on more than 6 individuals then it will be split in to two groups to allow for easier training of the MiTs. If that occurs then each person will be contacted at the end of this round and everything will be worked out from there on.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Ah ok. Thank you!
Yahan's AvatarYahan
@whichever staff that want to chime in: when it comes to your interactions with the userbase, do the positive interactions outweigh the negative ones? I know that this is relative to whoever chooses to answer this but I still wanted to know. It’ll be a major deciding factor for me in terms of whether to send an application or not. I don’t like doing things if they’re just going to drain me mentally and emotionally ^^’
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Grübey's AvatarGrübey
Are you looking for a formal resume or a more informal one with just the information you are asking for on the application page?
Artwork is provided by my dear friend Zerobold
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

@whichever staff that want to chime in: when it comes to your interactions with the userbase, do the positive interactions outweigh the negative ones? I know that this is relative to whoever chooses to answer this but I still wanted to know. It’ll be a major deciding factor for me in terms of whether to send an application or not. I don’t like doing things if they’re just going to drain me mentally and emotionally ^^’
No, not usually. It's a major drain, especially when one is a target. But, y'know, comes with the territory.
Suríya's AvatarSuríya

QUOTE originally posted by Blank Banshee

No, not usually. It's a major drain, especially when one is a target. But, y'know, comes with the territory.
We basically volunteer for the draining emotional and mental pull that this job offers us. We have to deal with some gnarly things sometimes and... given what you said here, and just this, I don't think you'd enjoy it. At all. The worst things we deal with aren't daily, but we do deal with emotional and mentally draining things... daily. Like Aggie said, it comes with the territory. You have to be able to handle it with your support system and some factor of mental strength or it could be a bad time.
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 306 — Shiny Total: 9 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
Yahan's AvatarYahan

Long quote

QUOTE originally posted by Suríya

QUOTE originally posted by Blank Banshee

We basically volunteer for the draining emotional and mental pull that this job offers us. We have to deal with some gnarly things sometimes and... given what you said here, and just this, I don't think you'd enjoy it. At all. The worst things we deal with aren't daily, but we do deal with emotional and mentally draining things... daily. Like Aggie said, it comes with the territory. You have to be able to handle it with your support system and some factor of mental strength or it could be a bad time.
Thank you both for the input and for opening my eyes to the reality of what you guys do. I think you’re doing great. Keep up the good work. ^^

Pages: 12345··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page