PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 567

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
I don't mind either way, but I have nothing against switching to Stripe. I do have some advice for the people who's only concern is that they are dependent on their paypal balance or who don't want to use their regular credit card because of fees or anonymity: Maybe you could look into prepaid credit cards. I have one, it's what I linked to my paypal. It is a regular credit card, but you have to put a certain amount of money on it and that's all you can spend until you put more money on it. It works the same as the paypal balance, except that it is a card that you can use to make transactions. If Stripe would come into play, I would be using my prepaid credit card instead of my regular one, like I do for all my small transactions online.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It's also worth noting that "fees" is a poor excuse because PayPal's fees are always gonna be bigger :p Mostly they take a fat chunk in the currency conversion, and that's on you the customer. Kinda sucks. Anyway, update on this, I'm working on some "figuring stuff out" bits that might allow me to bring fees down even further.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Ilyriss's AvatarIlyriss
Hello. I know many people here is comfortable with credit cards, but.. may I ask what happens to the non credit card people? Currently I have more than 100 games on Steam, all of this I got with bank slip. I don't know if you can implement something like Steam here, since the demand is WAY less. I was searching of the correct translation of "boleto bancário" and discovered that US doesn't have it. Basically is a paper with info and a barcode that you can pay in any bank/"lottery" or even with internet banking (my debit card goes here).
Well... This is a signature .-. ✮✮Avatar is a Chibi OC by Silver Raven in their Art Shop✮✮
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

Interesting note there in one review (from mid-Nov of this year) - "PayPal accepts payments from users in over 200 countries. Stripe only accepts payments from users in 25 countries." I have not independently verified this, but think it is worth looking into as it may be an issue for this site.
I have looked into this and found it to be highly misleading. Stripe accepts businesses in 26 countries. But customers can be anywhere in the world. It is also worth noting that PayPal supporting users in "over 200 countries" is empirically wrong, as there are only 195 countries in the world at this time.

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page