PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

QUOTE originally posted by Volixagarde

Would it be possible to have both?
I would guess no - the fees get better the more transactions you have, so if you split the transactions the fees would be worse on both.
No support, then. I rely on PayPal for anonymity, and I don't make much outside of it. I'm only just now going to be able to buy zc and art with paypal, so I really hope it doesn't go away
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Volixagarde

No support, then. I rely on PayPal for anonymity, and I don't make much outside of it. I'm only just now going to be able to buy zc and art with paypal, so I really hope it doesn't go away
Uh, using PayPal "anonymously" is illegal for money laundering reasons. We're not going to enable that.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sorry, should clarify: I use a local bank and it would be easy to find my city. Don't like sharing that around
Not to try to scare you or anything, but... When you connect to any website, you have to give that website your IP address so that you can get the information to view the website. The people behind that website thus have your IP address. Your IP address can be traced and thus your city can be located. Even if you use a service to obfuscate your IP address... You still had to give it to someone... Also, that said - I'm not entirely sure what your local bank has to do with any of this? Your paypal doesn't have your bank's address on it, after all - the only address it asks for is your address - which I can understand not wanting to give out but in that case if someone invoices you correctly (for art, for example) then you can change that to "no address needed". Now, the reason I've said all this is because Stripe handles the payments entirely on their side of things. The information is kept with them and only them - the same way it can be kept with Paypal and only Paypal (so no difference in the way they function, basically). In other words! This only changes the payment method and the service. :)
Adian's AvatarAdian
Do I need to make an account with stripe? That would be my only concern about this move. I already have a PayPal account and am not really wanting to make another account with my card info attached too especially one I've never heard about. I buy ZC from the site occasionally and may very well stop doing it if I have to make another online thing that stores my card info. If it's a one off type thing where I enter my details and am good to go I'd be totally fine with it however!
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
I'm one of those people who uses PayPal Balance to purchase ZC and things rather than my actual card, so this would effect me a lot. At the same time though I see the convenience of Stripe and wouldn't be too upset to see the change happen, as I could always just purchase ZC from other users rather than the site itself- which I've been doing recently anyway. As long as PayPal transactions aren't banned from User interactions, then I'd be fine with it, I think.
Noon's AvatarNoon
I'd prefer both or only Paypal... I've never heard of Stripe and that's a major warning sign for me, if Paypal was removed and only Stripe remained, I would not be buying anymore ZC :/
I'm Noon, I hunt shinies and somehow get albinos when trying to get said shinies. It's odd. Cutie by Caden | Avatar by myself
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
What would the fee be on my end? I noticed a few cent fee with paypal. Very important because buying the perfect amount of ZC has become an art for me because conversion rates are very rood. But i do find going to PayPal a huge pain. Im totally on board for this. Stripe seens much more modern and professional than paypal too
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
@Adian No account needed. Just enter card details in the form shown in the screenshot, and you're done. @Volixagarde To clarify further, Stripe doesn't need your address at all, nor that of your bank. Just your card number. I appreciate that you're safety-conscious, but there's nothing to worry about here :) @Noon I had never heard of PayPal before I started using it. Stripe is a massive platform but it's definitely more business-focused than PayPal. Any organisation that handles money has to be highly regulated and Stripe is no exception. Again, it's good to be safety-conscious but there's a fine line between that and paranoia. You can check out their website and see how they are regulated. They are of course fully PCI compliant. @Keizatsu To my knowledge Stripe charges much more reasonable rates for currency conversions. Unfortunately because exchange rates change every few minutes, I can't give any specifics, but I have added a quick conversion tool to the updated ZC page that allows you to estimate the cost. It is, however, an estimate and the real cost will likely be slightly higher. On the positive side, you're right. Stripe is made by developers and it clearly shows in how easy it was to implement. It took me about two hours, whereas PayPal took much longer to implement!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page