PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

Meihru's AvatarMeihru
personally i would most probably extremely lower my zc buying habits, if i would buy any at all anymore. reason: i cant use my regular bank account anymore then, since the shown payment form requires a credit card (atleast in my case; maestro doesnt work for me because those dont have a cvc for authorisation, atleast not the ones i have - i have tested that on several occasions in the past, which is why i had to get a credit card) also i had never had any issues with paypal, neither when using paypal banked money or when using my other sources (mostly directly bank through paypal (SEPA)) if i have to switch to my credit card bank account because of a payment service i never heard of; i would drastically reduce the zc amount, since those accounts would cost me insane fees for using them, which i honestly refuse to do if it can be avoided. every other site i know uses mostly /accepts paypal, so im kind of used to that. tl;dr: im very very happy with paypal, i buy zc quite often with balance and/or regular bank account(sepa) and would probably buy very little to none in the future in case of a payment service change, mainly because way too high fees for me which are unneccessary and unacceptable for me personally edit: in terms of fees; even if stripe wouldnt charge any fees at all for convering € to pounds, my credit card usage fees would be way higher then what i could possibly save with using stripe.
avatar commissioned @ YaGurlShelly
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I appreciate your feedback, Meihru, although I'm a little confused. Stripe doesn't require you to create an account at all. There are no fees involved, except the currency conversion which is (or at least should be, unless your bank is a butt) lesser than PayPal's exorbitant currency conversion fees. That being said, I do believe it's possible to get a debit card that is linked to your PayPal account so you can continue to use funds from PayPal via a traditional bank card - this might be worth looking into just in general, if you use PayPal as a money storage, having a card for it can be very useful.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Meihru's AvatarMeihru
im not talking about a stripe account, by fees i meant a) the conversion fees of currency used/needed; and b) the fees of the credit card usage itself, which i would have to use then im not sure if a paypal card would cost anything, yearly or payment based(didnt look into that yet since there was never any reason to do so), but for me personally it is kind of.. odd(?) that i would be forced to get yet another card to continue to be able to buy currency on site, especially since it would be literally the only reason to get such a card for me. the other option for me would be to use my credit card instead of my regular bank account, which - as already stated - i refuse to, due to its exorbitant fee sorry if anything comes over as rude or so, such topics always kind of trigger me since it would hugely affect my gameplay ^^'
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I see. I am still confused, since I use a credit card with no fees at all - the only "fee" is interest but I don't get that because I pay it off every month. I don't know what country you're in, but it seems very strange to me that you'd have to pay money for the "privilege" of... spending your own money. Seems weird. Although, as mentioned, the currency conversion fees are lesser than PayPal's fees for the same.
LavenderHues's AvatarLavenderHues
I would be all for a shift away from PayPal, absolutely! I don’t use a PayPal balance at all solely because it takes ages to get money transferred into and from it. Recently I wanted to buy art from someone on another website and I transferred $25 over to PayPal from my bank. How long did it take to get the money in? 5 days. For no other reason than “because we can” I guess. It’s ridiculous. There is something else I wish could change about this, and that is the currency exchange. I wish there was a way that I could pay say, $30 USD, and actually pay that amount while the payment app makes up the difference. Like, I bought 9000 ZC the other day and that’s $90 USD. However, I actually paid $118 because of the conversion rate. On another website I’m on that I know is also based in the same time zone as Pokefarm, if I buy $30 worth of currency, I pay $30 because of the kind of payment system they use. I wish there was a way we could do that here. Nevermind what I said up here. ^ I got very, very confused and I apologize.
Forum icon drawn by me!
× 628 / 713
Sea Crown hoard progress until I can restart my hunt!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by LavenderHues

I bought 9000 ZC the other day and that’s $90 USD. However, I actually paid $118 because of the conversion rate. On another website I’m on that I know is also based in the same time zone as Pokefarm, if I buy $30 worth of currency, I pay $30 because of the kind of payment system they use. I wish there was a way we could do that here.
Okay im assuming you bought 9k ZC from the site, 118$ is very accurate to what you would pay in USD as 90 in GBP is 113$ USD so you had a 5$ paypal fee which is fair. So what I'm getting from this is that you are not aware that buying ZC is expensive because GBP is worth more than USD (1.26$ USD for each 100zc) and the other website you use must function in USD which is why there is very little difference. Also it would be a lot of work to balance ZC worth to every currency
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Keizatsu

So what I'm getting from this is that you are not aware that buying ZC is expensive because GBP is worth more than USD (1.26$ USD for each 100zc) and the other website you use must function in USD which is why there is very little difference. Also it would be a lot of work to balance ZC worth to every currency
I am aware that USD is worth less than GBP because I’ve been there several times. (dual citizenship/father’s family is from there) However, what I was saying was that the other website has a different payment system that didn’t charge me extra despite their server being based in the same time zone as PFQ. Maybe they somehow have their payment system set up to work based on USD by default despite physically being in another country. All I know is that it didn’t charge me anything but $30 USD. Anyway, I’ll reiterate that I support leaving PayPal, because it’s fees and holding times are extremely ridiculous and a new system might be a good change! Again, please ignore; very confused and I apologize.
It sounds to me like their prices are in USD whereas ours are in GBP. If you bought 9000zc, per your own words, that is not $90 worth of ZC. That is £90 worth of zc which is around $120 (bit less).

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

It sounds to me like their prices are in USD whereas ours are in GBP. If you bought 9000zc, per your own words, that is not $90 worth of ZC. That is £90 worth of zc which is around $120 (bit less).
Yeeeah, I’m just going to admit right now that I had an incredibly bad lapse of thought earlier and forgot that the prices here are indeed GBP by default. I don’t know why I thought I was buying 9000zc at $90. I’m sorry for coming in here and acting like I knew what I was talking about when I was so painfully and woefully wrong. 8’D
I fully support switching over to Stripe! I hate PayPal with a passion and I'd drop it entirely if it weren't the most commonly-used payment processing service. There are lots of reasons why everyone in general should stop using PayPal: they almost always side with buyers in all situations, no seller protection for digital goods, and the abysmal customer service was already pointed out in the original post. Would PFQ be losing money by switching to Stripe? Maybe short-term, but I think it would be a money-saver in the long term. Anything could happen. What if someone buys tons of ZC and then issues a chargeback on it? Because there is no seller protection for digital goods, PFQ would be stuck with the chargeback fees and they'd also lose what was initially payed for the ZC. Better seller protection is worth the higher processing fees at the start imo.

QUOTE originally posted by Adian

I already have a PayPal account and am not really wanting to make another account with my card info attached too especially one I've never heard about.
Iirc, Stripe is one of the only payment processing services big enough to even be considered a competitor to PayPal. Stripe may be the lesser-known service, but that doesn't mean it's a bad alternative to what you're familiar with.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page