PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

Adian's AvatarAdian
With that answer Niet, I am fully in support with this change :) Especially since it seems fees will be less for me! I am excited to see this change implemented!
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Noon's AvatarNoon
Looked up Stripe and found a complaint that seems worrisome "Unresponsive Customer Service: This seems to come up less often with everyday problems, and more when a serious and difficult concern comes up (such as funds being held or accounts being canceled). More than one user has complained about being ignored in these situations, or it taking days, or weeks, to get a response. We’ll have to see how these complaints change as merchants get more experience using Stripe’s new support channels." Plus, you guys do have to account for the fact creating a new account on a different platform just to buy currency on *one* site might turn some people off. Just my two cents though, otherwise Stripe itself seems .. fine? I guess.
I'm Noon, I hunt shinies and somehow get albinos when trying to get said shinies. It's odd. Cutie by Caden | Avatar by myself
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As I've mentioned, Noon, no account creation is required. You don't even have to leave PFQ, everything is handled here (and processed securely by Stripe). So far my experience with Customer Service has been exceptionally good, but even if that complaint is valid then it's my problem and not yours - because you'd be a customer of ours, not of Stripe's. Your complaints would come to us :)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Noon's AvatarNoon
I'm uh https://www.trustpilot.com/review/stripe.com Just gonna link this. A lot of people seem to get no reponses and a few days into business they get terminated (recent reviews, not old ones) Just. Keep it in mind. I'd be fine with it since I won't lose profit on that but thought it was fair to give a heads up. Its very 50/50 though, one half is positive and the other is not.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
Some of those reviews say Stripe will not issue refunds - is this true? I looked in their TOS and... "You are solely responsible for providing support to Customers regarding Transaction receipts, product or service delivery, support, returns, refunds, and any other issues related to your products and services and business activities." I know the "you," would be you, Niet, and of course we are your customers, but... If something goes wrong on Stripe's end, this makes it sound like they're not responsible? If stripe takes something out of my account, but I don't get ZC, what happens? If they don't keep accounts, how can they keep records/reimburse if something goes wrong? Maybe this isn't something that would be an issue, but. Having to use something that basically says "no refunds not our problem" when Pokefarm already has a policy of no refunds for any reason is... Worrying??? To me? Where is our safety net if anything goes wrong? How do we prove we even paid with no account/transaction data? With PayPal, at least if something goes Wrong you can dispute a charge yourself.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
That's a pretty big "if" but in that case it would indeed be my problem.
Adian's AvatarAdian

QUOTE originally posted by Noon

I'm uh https://www.trustpilot.com/review/stripe.com Just gonna link this. A lot of people seem to get no reponses and a few days into business they get terminated (recent reviews, not old ones) Just. Keep it in mind. I'd be fine with it since I won't lose profit on that but thought it was fair to give a heads up. Its very 50/50 though, one half is positive and the other is not.
After reading this my stance has actually changed on being fine with this =| I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable with this and may very well move to using other users to supply me with ZC. There seems like a lot of issues to be addressed, especially with what @brindlefinch has brought up. I really do not like the feeling of being out of luck if something goes wrong... I tend to buy in bulk and while $10 here and there isn't a huge amount, I'm not really willing to risk possibly losing it. Also the reviews saying it randomly shuts down accounts and many people threatening legal action to access their account seems like bad news, @Neit.
You are not the one who would be out of luck. It would entirely be on me. You, as our customer, would be fine.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
Ach, I'm sorry to be a bother, Niet, but I don't think I'm entirely comfortable with not having a safety net for myself. So, my only follow up question is: what new policies would you put in place now that users no longer have a fail-safe, such as disputing charges? Will Pokefarm change its policy, or will all transactions continue to be final, and if something happens, nothing can be done? Is there any record with Stripe at all, or would we have no proof of an error occurring? I'm mostly just worried about not being able to have proof if something goes wrong... and I think that's a very, very big hole in Stripe that Paypal covers already that the userbase should be aware of if this change is made. I mean, I'll probably still buy ZC either way aaaand I trust PFQ enough to think that if something went wrong it'd all work out but. Without proof, without accounts, how are you going to keep yourself from having users say they were ripped off when they weren't? I think it goes both ways. I only bring this up because I hadn't seen it mentioned yet and it was a big point I thought should be discussed about the change. no like #stripeconspiracy here I just think it's something to be brought up now as food for thought rather than after the change, haha. P.S.: you and aiden just posted so; are you saying that if someone claims they bought ZC and money was taken, even if they have no proof (I'm not sure on this point, sorry, I don't know how a record would be kept?), you would have to give them ZC anyway? I'm just a bit confused on that part. It seems like, even though Paypal may have more fees, you're paying for more failsafes on BOTH our end AND yours.
I'm a little confused where you're coming from with the "no accounts" thing. Why is this a problem? Stripe logs every request made, and I make logs too. Here's how the flow works: - The form is shown. You submit your details, and Stripe passes me a token to use for charging the card. - I log that, and then submit the charge. - On success, the record is marked as successful. Basically, there are logs on both my end and Stripe's end, so everything can be correlated. Once the charge is made, which is basically instant, you will receive your ZC. I have tested it and it works. Your proof would be a bank statement showing the charge. If you have that but you never got ZC, then you have all the proof you need for me to fix the issue. I hope that clarifies a few things!

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page