PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
The only issue I have is the Paypal balance thing. I use it a LOT when buying Zophan as AUD to GBP is a pain as thats a HUGE currency conversion to make. While USD to GBP is less of a pain if that makes sense? (As I sell things for USD) Would there be any way to have both options for those who want it and those who rely on the paypal balance?
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
I briefly mentioned this idea some time in the past, I also really don't want to use Paypal because of the horrible service and delays I've heard of. So I don't feel comfortable purchasing ZC even though I want to, just because I don't want to be one of the masses who run into the many problems. I don't know much about Stripe but I doubt it can be worse than Paypal. My input on the poll would be Moderate: Might actually start buying ZC with Stripe xD
[ PFQ +12 | Works 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ] - Been a while, bear with me while I reacclimatise - Free Exclusive and Variant Exchange! Credits: Avatar | Signature | Banners
Espyria's AvatarEspyria
Will have to say. Still quite worried about Maestro cards. as they indeed dont have that cvc code on the back. say for example. i cant purchase anything off of the Bungie store due to it. as they dont allow maestro and only those credit/debit cards a lot of other countries in the world commonly use. Going to stripe. if it doesnt allow Maestro at all. means i cant purchase any ZC, means i cant play the game how i want to (nor fund certain type of hunts) which would generally mean less interest to play. Its just really rare for this country (The Netherlands.) to use debit/credit cards. and needing to purchase one just for a site is a bit.. eh. in my opinion :x As saids. the above is just my general worry and i know im not the only one thats worried about it by beeing limited. ^^' (Typed on phone. so sorry if some grammer is off.)
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
I’ve now read up on the replies, and my main concern is just that I use paypal balance only when purchasing zc, so a switch would mean i can no longer do that. So far I’ve purchased 10500zc (don’t know if that number is at all relevant to you, but now you have it anyway :p) from the website, but I might have to stop that and start buying from users instead if the change were to happen. For my case, I do earn a tiny bit of money on a blog I write, which I get through paypal and so that‘s what I use for my zc without it hindering me irl (I dont count this money in my budget because the amount is small). Just to have it said and not get tangled up in that: I don’t earn enough a year to have to file taxes on this particular job in my country.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I've contacted Stripe and they unfortunately do not support Maestro at this time. They are working on it but they do not have a time frame at this point. Given that the poll currently has a 10% score on "I wouldn't be able to buy ZC any more" I think the best course of action is to keep PayPal as sort of a "last resort" option. You might have to go a little out of your way to find it, since we would prefer as many people as possible to use Stripe (rather than their card through PayPal - lower fees for both us and you this way!) but I think it would be foolish to outright remove PayPal as an option, at least at this time.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Adian's AvatarAdian
Awesome to hear you'll give us the option to use PayPal. Especially for those unable to use anything else or those *cough* who are nervous about the platform. I know I am looking forward to purchase a large sum of ZC from the site in the coming weeks and am curious to see what the new platform will offer me :)
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Meihru's AvatarMeihru
seeing how much zc i already purchased (and never having *any* issues with that so far), i would highly appreciate your decision to use both options atleast for now ;) personally i understand your reason behind all this, yet i think a bit less money gained (meaning due to fees) is still better than nothing at all (even if its only a small amount of people)^^
avatar commissioned @ YaGurlShelly
DragonPanda's AvatarDragonPanda
In my opinion I love paypal. I have no idea what stripe is. I use paypal for my bank since i dont go to an actual bank. Why not just add an option to use either paypal or stripe?
Shenkkazoo's AvatarShenkkazoo
I would love to use Stripe, anything to bring the conversion rate down sounds good to me.
S/A Shop
Paused Raikou hunt: 360h/4s/4a/0m
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Having never even heard of Stripe before, tried to do some quick research on it from a Consumer perspective. Pretty much nada. Then went looking for comparisons to PayPal, found lots, but again none from a consumer perspective - although there were tons from a Business deciding to use which one perspective. Interesting note there in one review (from mid-Nov of this year) - "PayPal accepts payments from users in over 200 countries. Stripe only accepts payments from users in 25 countries." I have not independently verified this, but think it is worth looking into as it may be an issue for this site. I then tried to find anything independently reviewing their security, preferably from a consumer perspective, but could only find what they state on their home site, again, strictly from a business using them to Receive payments perspective. I did however find that they have had a multitude of 'high-risk' complaints filed against them from consumers with the BBB. PayPal numerically has more complaints, but they are a massively larger company, and most of theirs fall in the 'annoyance' category. As with PayPal, Stripe is a US based company, but seem to be very much US focused as well, as opposed to PayPal which could be/and is certainly seen as internationally focused. Anyways, that's my two cents worth. <Edit - for reference, I am Canadian, and a long time, zero issues PayPal user, consumer only>
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/14 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page