PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > User feedback needed: Replace PayPal with Stripe >

Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Having never even heard of Stripe before, tried to do some quick research on it from a Consumer perspective. Pretty much nada. Then went looking for comparisons to PayPal, found lots, but again none from a consumer perspective - although there were tons from a Business deciding to use which one perspective. Interesting note there in one review (from mid-Nov of this year) - "PayPal accepts payments from users in over 200 countries. Stripe only accepts payments from users in 25 countries." I have not independently verified this, but think it is worth looking into as it may be an issue for this site. I then tried to find anything independently reviewing their security, preferably from a consumer perspective, but could only find what they state on their home site, again, strictly from a business using them to Receive payments perspective. I did however find that they have had a multitude of 'high-risk' complaints filed against them from consumers with the BBB. PayPal numerically has more complaints, but they are a massively larger company, and most of theirs fall in the 'annoyance' category. As with PayPal, Stripe is a US based company, but seem to be very much US focused as well, as opposed to PayPal which could be/and is certainly seen as internationally focused. Anyways, that's my two cents worth. <Edit - for reference, I am Canadian, and a long time, zero issues PayPal user, consumer only>
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/1 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page