PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Important informations~

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Tala-chan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTala-chan
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
This is something of a grey area as well, though I was curious if this counted as renting. There have been situations in the past where people would offer their Daycare for say, a box a week, or so. Would that still be allowed? It isn't technically an item, and can be easily remedied if no payment is received, but still, wanting to make sure.
Score: 42014
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
That constitutes as breeding for someone for payment, which isn't allowed. There had been numerous occasions where people scammed one another (breeder not breeding / user not paying) or behaved abhorrently (claiming specific 'mon in the Shelter because "they're paying for them" / harassing other users when they take one of said eggs), so we're not planning on reversing this decision in the near future.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Stichman34's Avatarhypermode-12.pngStichman34
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
This is my potential situation, I let another user borrow one of my items in exchange for something of value to them (a shiny, their favourite 'mon etc) and when they're done with it, we swap back. I would never receive a payment, but I also let them borrow the item, is this supported if something goes wrong? Or would it be my fault as it's against the rules?
Profile picture made by my friend Ronya as a commission. Edited and used with permission.
SuperK1's AvatarSuperK1
collector.png
Okay, I admit it. I've tried to remember all the site rules. I've tried... and I remember there was one about site skins, and I just saw it mentioned earlier, but they didn't explain it. I've never changed my site skin, so I forgot what it was... Could someone tell me what it is? I was planning to change it soon, and I want to know the rules about it first. Thanks! Also, thanks for posting this! It's really helpful.
--My shop--My starter-- - - Li'l dragon eggy --Avatar by ÇløudWølf--
Rules about site skins? There aren't any - the site skin is whatever you want it to be. The rules we have are about changing the colours of words in, say, your about me - you need to set a background colour as well, as the colour you choose may well show up on your... (bad example) bright yellow site skin, but it won't show up someone's light-blue site skin. I hope that makes sense!
PokecraftCat's AvatarPokecraftCat
champion.pngd.png
I quite like the idea of borrowing items like a Pokeradar for a price or even as a favor to a friend, but I believe that it should be regulated and safe! Hope this feature comes in the future.
Made by Kira the Cat for PokecraftCat Sprites from Spriters-Resource
g.pngDarkness and Light are intertwined in ways that nobody expects.m.png *Is There No Honor? RP Setup* Come check it out! It's new and accepting!
Zexeos's AvatarZexeos
rookie.png
What about art commissions that are taken through this site? Pre-paying is usually a must with those due to common scammers and issues of "I don't want it anymore" even after you spent days working on a piece of art for someone. If someone says that will pay you and they don't, is that against site rules, and will they get punished? What if it is for REAL money? You can't force someone to pay money, especially if they don't have it. Should I start handling commissions off-site then? I don't want to break rules, but I also want to protect my work and my time. ;-;
Meu's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMeu
hypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
@Zexeos: I don't believe commissions for actual money are allowed in the first place, but in any case, most commissions on this site are for on-site currencies and items, which can be enforced by staff, so pre-paying is still not allowed for art. With the amount of times I've seen commissions canceled or the artists go inactive, that's a good thing. Unless you are handling on-site currency, I would stick to having commissions off-site and linking to it or something similar, because offsite transactions can't be enforced by the staff. (From the Trade Forum Rules thread: "All off-site trades are done at your own risk. They are not logged or tracked by our system, and we cannot be held responsible if you lose out. Please only engage in off-site trading with people you trust.")
shop + journal + credit
if my journal is deleted: Art Credit: Avatar & About Me: Zan Forum Signature: Silver
phone lines follow us, like heartbeats in the dusk hold my hand and gush, sweet landscapes from the bus
Karai's AvatarKarai
ultra.pngc.png
Meu, I've done on site commissions for real money. I asked the mods first and they allowed me to do it. It's not drawings or whatnot, it's actually something being shipped to you, though. I do ask for payment first, but that is to cover the cost of materials and shipping.. But if it is digital art, and you are paying real money, you should wait until the piece is finished. Because it isn't being shipped at all. And if you are charging real money, I wouldn't make them pay until it's finished. The only reason I ask for payment first, is because I have to go out and physically purchase the materials, then I have to pay for the cost of shipping.. But with digital, there is no outside cost involved for the artist, so it won't hurt to get paid when the commission is finished. I would also ask a mod first, include maybe what type of art you are providing, why you charge real money, etc. That's what I did.
I do woodburning commissions. Come check it out here!
SuperK1's AvatarSuperK1
collector.png
Thanks for the info, Garthic! I'm having trouble changing my skin though... There was someone(forgot who) who made a thread where he/she would take requests and make a skin for them... They said how to change the skin, and all the skins they said were made so that we couldn't edit them, but we could use them. I saw a Pikachu one I wanted to use, so I went to my farm page, clicked on "View/Edit/Change site skin", put in the adress(jv/pikachu), and it said I couldn't edit it. How do I change it? I can't look back at their instructions now, because it was inactive for 2+ months, and I'm wondering if anyoen has any idea how to change it?

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page