PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Important informations~

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Couldn't really figure out what to name this since there is something of a lot of information about to go here - we're not covering one thing here! Woo!

Prepaying

Whilst not as big an issue as it used to be, it's still something of an issue that we've had to pull some people up about, so I'm just going to clarify exactly what this means. Pre-paying essentially means paying for a good or service that has yet to be provided to you - So if you're paying, that means you're giving something to another person and you're now waiting for something in return from them. And if you're taking the payment, that means you're receiving something from another person and they're now waiting for something in return from you. Neither of these situations are acceptable, as the rules clearly state that pre-paying is not okay. We've had too many issues surrounding it.
---
Now for the part where people seem to be getting a bit confused! Renting out things, such as PokéRadars is what would be considered something of a gray area so we had to make some kind of decision regarding it - and that decision was that it's not to be a thing. When we did allow it (and even though we don't allow it), we've had repeated reports of people not returning things on time or renting then seemingly never coming back... Maybe we'll make some kind of "renting" function in the future so that an item automatically returns - but as of right now, it's not allowed to be done as we've just had repeated problems from it. Also "automatically returning" an item is a bit more difficult than it sounds.
---
I'd also like to take this opportunity to ensure that people are aware that the "Do not offer things that you do not have" also applies to ZC. If you do not have the ZC and you're making offers as though you do, then you are breaking this rule. We've heard of a few complaints regarding people doing this and we just went to ensure that this is understood.

Reporting others

We've noticed that a number of people haven't been reporting others who are breaking certain rules and are instead using the excuse, "'Person A' is doing it and they haven't been reprimanded!" First off - we're not omnipotent nor omniscient (We can't see everything and know everything). Want proof? Well, we wouldn't have a report button if we knew, would we? :P Secondly, if you saw someone stealing from a store and they didn't get caught for petty theft - does that make it alright for you to do it? The obvious answer is "Of course not!" and any other answer would see you laughed at by the authorities. Not quite so literally, but you get the idea~

Trades

This is more about the creation of trade threads themselves - we've had a few people whom we've had to poke at about creating numerous trade threads, not in the sense that they create four or five - but this following occurs: 'User A' creates 'Trade thread A'. No activity occurs for a few hours. 'User A' deletes 'Trade thread A'. 'User A creates 'Trade thread B' with the exact same content as 'Trade thread A' to bypass the "no bumping before 48 hours has passed"-rule. Rinse and repeat. This attempt to bypass the rules is still considered as a violation - everyone is bound by the same rules - no one person is above another.
---
Whilst on the topic of trades, I just want to note that the "respect"-rule applies here as much as anywhere else. If you're going to enter a trade with someone, please be respectful. Keep in contact and be informative - If you make deals, generally speaking, try to stick with them... Such and so forth. Everyone should have (and does have) the capability to back out of deals made, but if it's done a consistent basis on numerous occasions, it starts to get a bit silly. We understand that situations may change, but not on a level where we hear a persons name consistently. This is honestly more said for those people who may be doing these things, as they are only going to be building up a bad trade reputation and may not realise it. :)
Oof. That's been a long announcement. First it was meant to be one thing, then another thing came up and it just wound up encompassing a few things that got brought up - so instead of one announcement after another... here's just... One. Yay~ If there's any questions regarding any of this, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sometimes it's astonishing what people do. There are genuinely nice people out there, which I am thankful for. Sadly they're few and far in between. Let's hope these things don't return. Rules are there for a reason.
Free to use badge made by ezpups
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
I have a question. I'm pretty sure the answer will be 'report them' but I want to double check. I know someone who's renting out one of their items. Should I message them and tell it's against the rules with a link to this announcement or do I just report them? Also with those people who try to bypass the bumping rule, it's kinda stupid they're just losing all (if any) subscribers they have to their trade thread.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc W.Stones @ 25zc Post here
You can either report them or just mention it to them as a friend - it is one of those things that borders on mini-modding, but if you're informing and not saying "stop doing this" (as in, enforcing the rules), then that's alright. If they don't stop despite this then it's time to hit that report button.
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
Ok. I wouldn't ever do anything in a mini-modding way. I'll PM just so they definitely see this thread (we'll ignore the fact it's highlighted in the announcement box). And if they're still renting the item at the end of the week then I'll report them.
Proud friend of the second shiny Suicune on site.
Does offering someone a breeding pair to help with a shiny hunt count as renting? I've done this in the past and I had to go back to the user several times after the hunt was done before they finally returned my PokéMon.
Avatar made by me. Mega Houndoom © Nintendo/GAMEFREAK. Melanistic idea © PFQ
Mint717's AvatarMint717
In my opinion, I think that's not exactly renting, unless they pay you for it.
Avatar was made by Unity100!!! Co-splays made by unity100
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Not exactly. A breeding pair could be paid for, but that would make it a "permanent" trade rather than a temporary one. If it's temporary and they pay you, then yes, it's renting. If the breeding pair was given for free but you expect them back, I would make that absolutely clear in your thread/PM. Then, when they refuse to give it back even though they know it was meant to be temporary, you can hit that report button.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Tigris0124's AvatarTigris0124
Sooo I have this area in my shop where I'll buy ZC every month during the first week and I have a certain amount I'll sell...does that mean I should wait till I first get the ZC to open that area to offers? Right now I have it set up that after I give out July's ZC to the offers I already received, I'll open up August's so that people can offer on that... If I should wait till I have the ZC, I'll just change it around. Even though I already have people who offered on July's ZC, I'll keep them there, and just change the rules so that next month I don't have people offering on August's. I have a steady job so I know I'll have the ZC within the first week of next month, but I mean...I really don't want to break the rules either o-o
Shop | Journal | Hoards Currently in need of GS Balls Avatar was created by an old friend for me :) proof
-mimimi3-'s Avatar-mimimi3-
I also have a question, if someone has a goal lika "get 200k credits for pokeradar", and you help them by gifting them the 200k, is it okay, just gift because you´re nice or they are you´re friends. Is it allowed?

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page