PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 141516

Lyra's AvatarLyra
I don't have a discord account myself, but from what I understood it was like a sort of skype, right? I would like to make a account for PFQ mentors if there will be a PFQ mentor discord. I think that manny people would like to communicate in a other way then just the pm's so the discord would be lovely c:. I also know that some people really like to have social media open next to browsing the internet so I don't understand why not. The only downside I see is that some people don't like a discord or would use a other name for there discord account so that could be confusing. But for the reat I can't really see a big disadventage of having a other platform to chat or having qestions asked.
Beatifull signature and avatar made by Ryuokowolf c:.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Oh I loooooove Discord so much Its real time talking, so much faster and it gives more variety for conversation because you can tell when someone else is typing and then you can join groups aswell with many more people all in real time talk omg I love it It would definitely be a nice thing If there couldnt be a discord for everyone well then there could still be some online chat thing Or the discord info post on site could still have all the mentors usernames and then users could just pm for help, not the end of the world And easy solution- Require you t use your site name for the discord account
Manewa's AvatarManewa

QUOTE originally posted by Lyra

I don't have a discord account myself, but from what I understood it was like a sort of skype, right? I would like to make a account for PFQ mentors if there will be a PFQ mentor discord. I think that manny people would like to communicate in a other way then just the pm's so the discord would be lovely c:. I also know that some people really like to have social media open next to browsing the internet so I don't understand why not. The only downside I see is that some people don't like a discord or would use a other name for there discord account so that could be confusing. But for the reat I can't really see a big disadventage of having a other platform to chat or having qestions asked.
As for your concern with people not wanting discord, they wouldn't have to. It could be just an additonal platform for those who like to use it. And for the usernames, I believe in Discord you can set a channel-specific nickname for yourself, so even if your account name there was different, you could set your nickname on that channel to be the same as your PFQ. It could even be made into a rule that the display name on the discord server must be the same.
Avatar is a wolverine-fakemon, made by Eggboy in their artshop for my use
CSY's AvatarCSY
Ah, didn't realize there was a thread to discuss Pokefarm Mentors! Just reading back a bit, perhaps several things to address =3 1) Mentor/mentee pairing: There's been a lot of discussion about age, interest, skills, specialities, etc. in regard to mentor/mentee pairing, as well as discussion about a more than 1 mentee per mentor system. Here's my 2 cents: - It would be much too taxing on the staff that runs the clan to sift through every application to match their interests, age, skills, what people want to learn, etc. easily. Unless a programme or something is used where people tick boxes to find the best matches - and even then it is hard to pair people up as some mentors will indubitably be fit for more people than others. This being said, a very simple system can be in place - but I'd suggest much broader categories - When you join the site, it's extremely unlikely a newbie can provide very exact descriptions on what they want to do. A lot of it is playing around with the game mechanics until you decide how you want to play the game. Making a newbie put down their goal or something so early on would kinda defeat the purpose of having a mentor to show them the ropes and introduce them to all the game mechanics - In regard to age, PFQ may have their own policies so my thoughts might not matter. But I believe if the process of selection is stringent enough, such that the people chosen display a certain level of maturity and communication skills, age should not really matter. (It's obvious between someone who can type legibly and someone "who tlks liek dis"). However if a large number of people believe age should play a factor, ultimately the goal of the mentors clan is to help people effectively so I would not object. - In regard to the possibility of having more than one mentee per mentor, I don't really see why this is a concern at this stage. Ultimately it depends on "supply" and "demand". If there are more mentees than mentors, a mentor will naturally be assigned more than one mentee. If there are more mentors than mentees, perhaps a more stringent application process to ensure the best candidates are chosen; or further advertisement of this programme (advertising on the site as part of the tutorial? Or lowering the requirements of a mentee?) can be put into effect. - One thing I think is pretty important though, is timezones/times available. As a newbie, I would be looking to advance asap - and whilst I understand the need to be patient, sometimes I would be looking for a quick answer that I don't wish to wait... 12 hours for. This problem is addressed (and can be solved) in the section *discord chat* below. 2) Discord chat We go onto the possibility of people going AFK/losing interest. I believe a central discord chat would help in 2 ways: 1) If a mentor goes AWOL, or if the mentee is looking for a quick answer, a centralized discord chat can help link up other mentors/mentees to discuss possibly issues they have with PFQ. This would obviously be voluntary for both groups. 2) If a mentee goes AWOL, and the mentor would still like to help other people, the discord chat would be a good place to isolate people that need help and thus provide assistance. Obviously, a "AWOL for x days" thing should be in place, so mentors/mentees can "move on" (so to speak) if their partner loses interest in the game. 3) Pokefarm Mentors.... Academy? This is more of an idea I have. There will be a point where mentees will outgrow their mentors, or even wish to become a mentor themselves. Also, a sort of "Essential Guide to PFQ" thing would be useful to make sure that the all mentees are receiving a certain amount of information from their mentors (with a bit of flexibility depending on their interests). Perhaps there could be a quiz or something where mentees can "graduate" from Pokefarm Mentors? If they pass, we could offer small prizes or even just a badge. The purpose of this would be to set a general standard of what information they receive as well as a sort of recognition of "hey, I know about PFQ and can start my own journey!"
Current Type Race score = 0 Buying:
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
15 zc/75 GP/75k Cr
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
SBG: CSY | Art: Lumineu | Code assistance: Zico | Avatar: Silver Raven
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Hmmm That last bit about the academy What do you mean in regards to a sort of prize and test? Did you maybe have examples? When I read it I was thinking this: Prize- Maybe mentor gives a graduation gift, so to speak Test- Mentor quizes them on everything they have learned? Idk about this because then it puts stress and worry on the mentee and if they dont get everything right its basically saying they are still a newb in some areas Badge- Did you mean like something to code? Like a userbar thing or like, someone makes a badge and if you 'graduate' you could put int in your about me or signature?
CSY's AvatarCSY
I apologize if the Academy idea doesn't seem to be well fleshed out; I was hoping to see what people thought first. The idea would be something like this: 1 - Mentors would have a checklist of what they would go through, at the bare minimum, with mentees. E.g. Hatching, How to gain EXP, Shiny Hunting, Albinos, Variants, Tournaments, etc. Basic Game Mechanics 2 - Mentees would have the option to participate in the academy programme. This is purely optional and they can decide not to if they wish. The academy programme would serve as a transition for people who wish to be well rounded and perhaps look into mentoring in the future. 3 - A quiz would be in place - with general questions from the "checklist" of things mentors are supposed to at least offer assistance with. For example: What are the ways of increasing EXP gained for an egg per party click? (Answer would be higher badge, a pokemon of the same species in the party, v-wave) 4 - If they pass the quiz, perhaps they could "graduate" from the academy and be presented with a badge (yea, the bb code stuff haha). If the mentor wants, they can give them a prize. (This would be optional; and in fact if i remember correctly the old system also had a voluntary gifting system, so I don't really see any issues with this one ^^. I'm also drawing inspiration from the MCA tier competition thing, where perhaps a central graduation gift pool can be made ^^)
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Ooooh This sounds like a REALLY good idea Going to fill in some blanks if you dont mind me doing so? The checklist should/could be compiled of: Being aware of possible tools for hunts Knowing pricings on summons (so nobody gets ripped off) Learning about shelter, daycare and lab adopting and stuff Being taught about the bonuses Learning about some basics to coding Getting a general rundown on hunting in general and how to get a shiny, albino and melanistic ____ pokemon Knowing what the staff are for If necessary learning about like, talking with other users? What to be careful on using and just to check overall speech because of pronouns and users in different countries that have difficulty understand the language used on site (English) Etc, Etc........ And for the prize pool thing Maybe like, if wanted every Mentor could throw in like, a shiny or albino or something, summons, daycare passes, shelter passes, currency Im sure itd be preferred to be donated to one of the staff for them to hold so its not traded Then it can be numbered in a list and when they graduate some rng site can pick a prize for them?
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
I dont agree on the pricing of summons- they are worth different to different people and I think having something as 'The PFQ mentors says this is worth this' might become more of a well thisnis now the price for it and I thought PFQ didn't do the putting prices on things really Coding doesnt really need to be on there either, not every user wants to learn it and if they want some bbcode in their post then they have the insert button so im not sure?
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
In the nicest way I think it would be a necessity for it to be on such a test if there were to be one You might not think so but honestly its just so users dont get ripped off And they will if nobody teaches them at least a common price on summons Before we have someone making a newbie go find 1000zc for a ruby orb If they dont know what its actually worth they could very easily and likely be getting ripped off Im not saying that example is the best one but its still an example
Manewa's AvatarManewa
Baybe it could be tweaked, so instead of teaching them specific prices for stuff the mentors could point out some things to consider, like how some items are more rare than others, and give some common quidelines, and also remind them to check multiple palces before choosing where to buy from and so on? So like, a basic lesson of site economics in general?

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page