PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 1234··· 141516

Tirea Niwin's AvatarTirea Niwin
I think the newbies should be given some voice as well about their treatment by their mentor, sort of a check and balance system for all involved. This could be accomplished through surveys that are sent to the ones managing the mentors. Maybe after a week of assignment the newbie fills out this survey and a personality conflict is revealed between the mentor and mentored, then mentors can be switched around as needed to ensure everyone is having the easiest time of this as they can. Another thing could be a mentor buddy system, so every mentor has a buddy that their mentes can go to if they have questions while their mentor is, say, on vacation. Now I was never a part of this as this all developed during my hiatus, so sorry about anything repeated lol. We just use a mentor system at work and these are a few components from that.
Avatar by mizutsune! Check out their shop
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Connieeeeeeee I thought you were gonna let me know about any threads regarding this ya silly potato Ok When I first joined I was EXTREMELY lucky. I had been kinda lost and was confused and then someone recommended to me that I check out the mentors thread. I did so and got a mentor that was SOOOO helpful. Answered all my questions. It was a HUMONGOUS help. I am pretty sure, not positive but pretty sure that I was given the option to pick a mentor and just said whoever was willing. On that note, I believe we should, the site being we, bring back a mentors program. With it, definitelyyyyyy add in some system that assigns mentors to users. Maybe there could be some form, as I think there was last time, where they could list the things they would need help with. Then people that have become mentors would have THEIR specific area of information, or varying, that just overall can allow them to be able to show what they can bring to the table. I think there should be like, different sections. In the new thread, I would envision: Tabs- First tab: Info on applying for a mentor and just overall what the thread is for Second: Info on all members, because obviously a user should be allowed and able to contact any user Third Tab: Has the different areas with which someone could offer help, that they think they specialize in, and the list of names just for it to be organized Fourth Tab: This one I am less sure about but MAYBE this tab would hold all the users that have been assigned mentors? I believe that some basic criteria for being a mentor would involve having a certain rank, believe it was superior rank that was required in the last one, having set times of the day you could be on, given nothing happens, and as I have been saying, being able to offer specific things to users showing what they could help with in terms of like, what they can help a user learn. As a person that was impacted by the mentoring system, I have been messaging new users, identified via the bulb symbol and then checked on the trainer card, offering them assistance and for the most part, about half said they would contact me and then did and were able to get useful info on hunting, or the shelter, or pokedex, of fakemon, varying info. I think that this thread should also have a nice easy way to be identified and found, maybe its possible to code it into the lab for when new users join, they can see it when they are starting the tutorial and check it out after its completed? Or maybe on the wiki aswell? While the wiki I am sure could fully be helpful on its own for users, if they choose to use it, the mentoring system also has friends that people can make! It brings people together and new users that just start out and have nobody yet to even talk to could get help and a friend c: Also, maybe with the guides section of the site, maybe the helpful ones pertaining to areas of content the users would need should be linked in this new thread aswell? Because there are guides on like, trading or hunting and such, maybe a user can look through these if they want and see if they can answer their own question, or get a mentor to help explain it with them aswell, or both? Just more options for helping, maybe even a mentor can use it as their guide for explaining it to their mentee :O I do think that the guides area would play a big part into this new possible idea becoming a reality. That forum has guides for basically anything on site, so maybe the new users can have that reference aswell, like top of each tab have the link to said guide if there is one? Like I said, mentors could use it to if they need help with clarification! And maybe mentors can sign up for mentoring multiple users? This is kinda biased because I have juggled messaging around 8 users at once and 5 of them were new users trying to get help at the same time. I think that if the mentor CAN handle it and they want to, that should be an option. Lastly, I think that when this is created, the staff team as a whole should probably be willing mentors aswell... I know that you/they might all busy and such, with real life work, or situations, or pokefarm, but it would be a nice sign showing that the staff team is trying to help too and it couldnt get misintepretted as the staff not wanting to deal with the newbies. And as I am sue the site gets new users daily, well, all hands on deck haha. Sorry for this huge kinda messy rant
Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi
Just a small idea to help identify those who are mentors, maybe an icon of sorts for those who have been selected to be approved PFQ mentors. I have seen a few new users taken advantage of by others selling items way to high in price or buying new user's items for way too low. This way, it'd be harder for someone to fake being a PFQ mentor (as they could have become a mentor in the past but the only way to tell if you were truly a mentor was to check the first post of the forum to which the user neglected to update after some time). And if a newer player has any questions down the line after being 'released' from the mentors, they would still be able to see who is a trusted and honest user and be able to ask them any further questions as they progress with their account
Mystera's AvatarMystera

QUOTE originally posted by Calcanthite

Just a small idea to help identify those who are mentors, maybe an icon of sorts for those who have been selected to be approved PFQ mentors. I have seen a few new users taken advantage of by others selling items way to high in price or buying new user's items for way too low. This way, it'd be harder for someone to fake being a PFQ mentor (as they could have become a mentor in the past but the only way to tell if you were truly a mentor was to check the first post of the forum to which the user neglected to update after some time). And if a newer player has any questions down the line after being 'released' from the mentors, they would still be able to see who is a trusted and honest user and be able to ask them any further questions as they progress with their account
So a userbar? You're describing a userbar. Alternatively we could make a badge and a list of confirmed mentors assuming someone could promise to stay active enough to keep the list updated.
Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi

QUOTE originally posted by Mystera

So a userbar? You're describing a userbar. Alternatively we could make a badge and a list of confirmed mentors assuming someone could promise to stay active enough to keep the list updated.
It doesn't have to be a userbar. It could be a small icon by the usernames like the bulb new-comers have **Naturally, there would be more reasons to this as well, I just explained one instance to where it could be helpful
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Well, userbar or like new users get the bulb, I assume they meant something similar, or like either :D Regardless, specific identification does sound like a good idea Not sure if your listed reasons would be why though I think that just the one saying that it could be used so people know who can help is reason and justification enough for said idea to become reality c: And if the staff do choose to do so I imagine they would be the ones keeping it up to date most probably
Edit- Lol yeah ok beat to the punch ahaha
Mystera's AvatarMystera
I just worry that could get cluttered. You can already have up to 3-- more realistically 2-- icons next to your name: HM, the Bulb, and a VIP marking. Plus the symbols don't specifically say what they are. A Userbar has some text on it, it could easily say Mentor. Although the bars can get cluttered as well seeing as how there are 5-- 4 excluding the Helping Hand one which no one has-- of them.
Shawnasse's AvatarShawnasse
I would honestly like to see this be a thing. I started a little over 3 weeks ago and although I have figured out quite a few things about the site I still have tons of questions and I'd love to have someone I could ask those questions to. Even if I didn't qualify to be able to speak with a mentor it would still be very helpful to new users because it was very difficult when you first start out and I hope others will be able to not make mistakes (such as skipping over a ditto egg in the lab lol) I try my hardest to share my insight about the site with others that have questions as well, I really like that it's a learning experience all around for everyone because I'm sure even people who have been playing this for years still learn new things from time to time
Icon by me PM me about Chickensmoothie for PFQ ♥ COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN IN MY ART SHOP ♥ Joint Shop / Art Shop
Vixony An's AvatarVixony An
If a mentor goes on vacation for let's say 5+ days or so. Should the person the mentor is helping, have a temporary mentor assigned to them during that time?

Most Likely Unnecessary Information

I think waiting to ask three days is reasonable, four days is a bit long and five is too long. This is why I said 5+ days.
Qwertypop04's AvatarQwertypop04
Would age matter for this? I am 13, but I am interested in being a mentor

Pages: 1234··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page