PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 141516

CSY's AvatarCSY
Building up on the checklist idea: - I don't think mentors should take the place of basically, reading the rules. If they don't speak English and need help understanding the rules, that's fine, but for Staff/general rules related stuff, they should read it themselves. - I agree with what Crazy said; there are guides mentors can link mentees to for coding, and I don't think set prices on summons should be a mandatory thing. Though, if the mentee asks what the mentor thinks its worth, there shouldn't be a rule against that. (think about what the question on a quiz would be like: how much is a ruby orb worth? Prices fluctuate a lot ^^. THough its good to help them not get ripped off, it shouldn't be mandatory to learn about prices) Checklist: - Hatching: Gaining EXP, lab, Shelter - Hunting: Possible tools for hunts, bonuses - Wishforge: Gems and Badges - Scour: Boxes, Summons, etc. - Ways to gain Currency: Box hunting, gem hunting, albino hunting, etc - Pokedex: Variants, Exclusives, Tournaments - Periodic events: Tournaments, Type Race, Contest Hall
Current Type Race score = 0 Buying:
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
15 zc/75 GP/75k Cr
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
18 ZC/90 GP/90k Cr
SBG: CSY | Art: Lumineu | Code assistance: Zico | Avatar: Silver Raven
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
I mean I guess All that kinda falls under teaching them summons pricing in my opinion @Manewa @CSY I like that checklist yeah Still think it would be better to teach them pricings though so nobody gets ripped off :/ Does anyone have an alternative to this that could work and get an agreement? At this rate idk I strongly feel that we need to be teaching people that things have certain prices and people try to raise these prices to rip users off Is it just me or is this starting to turn into less of a mentoring thing and more into something the staff can just male a huge post on and tell users to read?
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
Okay, I agree on not wanting people to be ripped off but why have a test? You could just have the mentors possibly teach them what various price ranges are. Tests make it so that there are'right answers' and since summon prices change so much that wouldnt the test have to be updated on prices and such?
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Edited previous post Ok then yeah no test would make it wiser Once someone graduates we could assume they know what they are doing Meaning they can follow the market prices So we just teach users the current prices and blah blah blah?
CSY's AvatarCSY
I still disagree that teaching users prices of things should be on the agenda. If a newbie wants to know how much something is worth, they will ask. Giving them a list such as: Gem = x ZC Boxbox = Y ZC Credits: GP: ZC = A:B:C isn't really what an official clan should be doing given than the site doesn't enforce fixed prices on things. If people want to know, they will ask. They can look in shops or trade forums. There's no need to initiate the conversation In regard to the "Big post for staff to write that people should read", not really. These things can be introduced to them; if they're interested they can ask for further assistance; if they're not, at least bring them up so they know the existence of these mechanics. Its also much easier to take things in in a dialogue format than a huge chunk of text (imo), especially if you've experimented a bit and just want quick answers ^^
Lyra's AvatarLyra
I am not sure about the acedamy and last test c:. I have the feeling it puts pressure on a game that should be fun. I do like that there is a list what newbies should be thoughed during the mentoring programme though c:. That is a good idea.
Beatifull signature and avatar made by Ryuokowolf c:.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I'd like to add this. We're currently discussing the whole discord thing. And we have come down to this. It would be better that it's Mentor only. So only Mentors can access the discord for the time being. It will be a place for Mentors to discuss how to handle certain situations. A compile of information and fact-checking, with hopefully real-time staff access. This way it would give people a taste on how staff actually operate. We work as a team even as we deal with individual cases. Of course, being a team player is going to be a big part of this.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
This is so sooooooo stupid But uh Yeah anyways What if something was made We have Site Staff What about Site Mentors There is a page with like to the staffs pages What about a page with just some list of the mentors Then people Newbies or not That know there is someone they can go to and ask questions that would have a higher chance of knowing, helping and answering than some random user
Mystera's AvatarMystera
What would the actual Clan Thread be for at this point? Just mentee sign-ups? Would it be allowed for them to post questions aimed at the clan as a whole? I doubt adding a user group like that would encourage people who are too shy to random PM people to do so. As-is I already get the occasional random PM along the lines of 'you look knowledgable do you know X?'
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
.... If you already get them then wouldn't it be wise to give people a large risk variety of users to ask? Because clearly people are trying to find help and will message anyone for it, as you basically just confirmed with that /shrug I think it'd be good if there was a list of mentors that would be available for questions so they don't have pm someone worrying it'll be ifnored for its randomness

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page