PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 12345··· 141516

G0ne's AvatarG0ne
If a thread were to be made, well, I know many kids that are around 10 that act more mature than me sometimes XD I don't think it would :thinking: It really doesn't affect your ability to help someone learn in my opinion
Qwertypop04's AvatarQwertypop04
Okay, that sounds good, thank you for your input! Edit: Nice avatar!
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Probably depends on if staff decides access to the mature forums is a requirement. If not then it'll probably come down to how established your account is and what you put in the app.
Qwertypop04's AvatarQwertypop04
In.... In what app? Edit:Nvm I get it
I don't see why one would need access to the mature forums to help a newbie figure things out about the site. If being a mentor is limited to the 18+ crowd, that excludes a lot of people who would probably be amazing mentors. At the same time, we need to take into account that a PSA was recently made regarding child predators. With that in mind, some sort of protective system should be in place to keep kids safe but I don't think an 18+ age restriction is the right way to go. 16+ at the most if it needs to be age-restricted.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
I still don't see the use for an age restriction. If you are new you have lots of news post to catch up on, then you could come across the post discussing this eventually, hopefully, and you could just pm/make a report for a mod to help you with Age restriction would indeed restrict MANY people
Manewa's AvatarManewa
Regarding child predators, I doubt age limit for mentors would help that. I mean, if all mentors are +18, then the new user may be younger, and feel uncomfortable with an adult guiding them. Or, the mentor can be young, and end up mentoring an adult player. So really, age restriction for mentors does nothing for that issue. I'd say age restriction is useless. Some 30 years old can be very childish and some 8 years olds can be very mature. How they present themselves is what matters. Well kept profile, good former behavior on forums, good reputation so to speak, that kind of stuff.
Avatar is a wolverine-fakemon, made by Eggboy in their artshop for my use
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
It's something to consider if anything it means that good mentors who are underage won't have the opportunity to be looked into for future mod positions until they become of age, especially if we use this clan as a well, 'training ground' to find the cream of the crop of our users who are willing to help the site grow.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
I don't think an age limit would help either, but I'm saying if it is age-restricted for some reason it should not be as high as 18. I agree mentors should be chosen based on behavior and not their age. The reason I think there should be some system in place is: if young children are mentors they will most likely be in contact with adults more often than a regular user, and as a result would be more at risk for encountering a malicious person. If the risk is high enough to warrant specific action depends on how many incidents there have been, and staff are the only ones who know that.
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
I think the only real restriction to take the test for becoming a mentor should be that the person has x amount of active experience on PFQ. Maybe 2 or 3+ months? This will show that they haven't lost interest abd will probably be around for a lil while so there won't/shouldn't be any real worries about the user quitting PFQ and leaving their mentoree. That way the process of reassigning the mentoree and then the mentoree needing to explain what they want help with and what they've had help with won't be a problem. Also it'll mean they have time to explore & get to know PFQ a bit better which in turn will mean they'll be able to help their mentorees that much more. Lastly I think if a age restriction is added it should be set at 16+, it just means that if staff applications open again when they're 18 then they'll have 2 years experience so that much more qualified.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc Send trade or post here

Pages: 12345··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page